The Official Air Max Sweep Thru (Amar'e Stoudemire) Thread

Originally Posted by ehh

Originally Posted by MoNeyLiCiouS

anybody balled in these?

They feel kinda heavy...so im on the fence.

On-court Review?
nerd.gif
Balled tonight in them, 2-hours on a wood court.  Decent comp, a few former college players.  The traction was okay but that was more the court being dusty/dirty.
Outside of an occasional pinch in the pinky toe I thought they were fine.  I think once they're broken in that will go away.  The didn't feel heavy to me at all, actually the opposite.  I'm 6'8 230 by the way, so about STAT's size.  My feet aren't sore right now at all.  

thx bro..but what shoe would you say these resemble the most? KD IIs?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Do I have this right.

KD II, dual zoom
KD III, forefoot zoom only
KD IV, forefoot zoom only
Zoom huarache tr, heel zoom only
And now, max air heel only?

Sounds like a regression. I bet he goes through pairs quicker than a cheap pair of socks.
KD2's were only forefoot zoom and amare never wore the KDIII or IV. But you're correct about the Huarache TR. Then again playing in shoeswithout forefoot zoom isn't anything new to him. He played in the Air Force Operates which were forefoot phylon and heel max air. So these sweep thru's shouldn't be too different.

Amare's Home PE is up on Eastbay, same price as all the other colorways.

Couple of sellers on eBay have sz 8-13 in the blue/orange CW for damn near retail.

Saw the NYK blue PEs at Niketown nyc today. I'm a big knicks/amare fan, and was suprised that they actually looked pretty nice, but I just couldn't pay retail on them bc of the lack of forefoot cushioning.

Just looking at the wall there, I realized this year maybe more than any other, Nike's got a ton of nice sneakers out right now in alot of good cws: LBJ VIIs, Hyperfuse 2011s, Hyperdunk 2011, Kobe VI, KD IV. A sneaker like the Sweep Thru is not going to sell at retail w/ those other options out imo. Idk why they didnt' release his huarache's last year, I wouldve bought at least 2 pairs.

Got my first pair. Amare's Home PEs. Thought they were "OK" at first. Then tried em on, and really liked em on foot. The leather is real stiff, there is minimal padding around the ankle, the tongue is too narrow/skinny imo, and there is no forefoot zoom or anything but overall the footbed and AM heel feels pretty nice, they're not heavy, they feel pretty durable, laced all the way up feels great, the strap adds that nice little extra bit of security, and I got it for half off during the Footlocker EA with a blue/orange/white EVERY DAMN DAY tee all for about $57 =). I might look into picking up that Blue PE if these ball pretty good on court the next month or so.

Ill pick up a pair to wear to the garden this year, but it kills me that only white pair has amares logo on it.

The blue ones have tumbled leather on 'em?  Also, any reference to AS1 or logo or am I looking at the wrong pair?  I would probably cave on these if it werent for Weatherman, Nerfs, and LBJ Chinas.  I have no clue how to prioritize, but I am sure it will all work out.  Second thought, if I can get either Nerfs or Weathermans I am probably good at this point- either one is amazing.  Wonder if these blue Amares will be around after the Holidays?

I hope I can land those LBJ China's too. But no rush on these man. I see them sitting around for awhile. Not too much people really into these or are even aware anyways.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Sounds like a regression. I bet he goes through pairs quicker than a cheap pair of socks.

Either that, or what Nike are selling isn't what he's actually playing in.

There will be a green/orange X-Mas colorway....

I need the Knicks colorways. This is a dope shoe for a wallet friendly price.

Back
Top Bottom