The Official "Angry Boys" thread. Premiers January 1st on HBO

Angry+Boys.jpg

I saw it mentioned in a thread, but I couldn't find a thread on it so here it is.  Angry Boys is set for HBO, Sunday Nights at 10 starting on January 1st 2012. Here is the plot
Angry Boys is an Australian television mockumentary series written by and starring Chris Lilley. Continuing the mockumentary style of his previous series, the show explores the issues faced by young males in the 21st century – their influences, their pressures, their dreams and ambitions. In Angry Boys, Lilley plays multiple characters: S.mouse, an American rapper; Jen, a manipulative Japanese mother; Blake Oakfield, a champion surfer; Ruth "Gran" Sims, a guard at a juvenile detention facility; and her grandchildren, South Australian twins Daniel and Nathan Sims.
The series was created and written by Chris Lilley who also created "Summer Heights High" which was also on HBO but only had 6 episodes I think. I normally don't get into the whole one actor play multiple characters kinda shows/movies, but it is done really well. Almost to the point where you dont even look at them as the same person after watching an episode or two.

The show IMO is hilarious, and it will probably catch on very quickly, seeing to how they have kinda kept it under wraps so far. The first season has already aired over in Australia so those of you good with your computers can most likely find the whole first season. I highly suggest everyone check it out, bc youll be missing out if you dont. Im only 4 episodes in and they have all been great so far. Here is the trailer, Enjoy

watched the whole season already

very good

I wonder what people will think about him using the N word in blackface

Yeah it will probably rub some people the wrong way, but at the end of the day, you gotta take it for what its worth. Its for the show, im sure the dude isnt racist or anything

ive been waiting for this show. summer heights high was good so i know this will be.

I watch it week to week on HBO, really good.
Totally, honestly, and pleasantly surprised.
I came in thinking it was going to be a sketch show or something, but dude plays his characters straight.
I don't even notice him, each character is it's own personality.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
/

NATHAN!

can't believe this thread only has 7 replies.

one of the episodes was pretty wack but the rest have been pretty entertaining.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I wonder what people will think about him using the N word in blackface

Not happy about it. Been fairly entertained by the couple of episodes I've seen. Maybe it's just the episodes I've seen but everything that was actually funny seemed like just an OK reenactment of Ali-G.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I watched the whole season already, its entertaining but not as funny as Summer Height High. 
Agreed It was good at first but then became okay. Summer was
pimp.gif

NATHAN!!!

i swear nathan might be my favorite character on tv right now. this guy has me dying. now i gotta go watch summer heights high.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

I watched the whole season already, its entertaining but not as funny as Summer Height High. 

this. Jonah needs his own show and Chris is in talks for doing a Summer season 2

Back
Top Bottom