The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

New chapter of OP is out.
There is a lot to take in for this chapter. kin'nemon being alive is certainly a surprise. Law not fully attaching him doesn't really make sense. He would have just spilled out of himself if that were the case wouldn't he?
Law and Kid having awakened their devil fruits is also pretty sick. And dealing a significant blow to Big Mom too.
That leads me to believe that Luffy is probably gonna awaken as well right as Onigashima is falling towards the capitol and end up saving the day by having the island bounce to safety.
CP-0 is also starting to make their move too. :nerd:

There is a lot to take in for this chapter. kin'nemon being alive is certainly a surprise. Law not fully attaching him doesn't really make sense. He would have just spilled out of himself if that were the case wouldn't he?
Law and Kid having awakened their devil fruits is also pretty sick. And dealing a significant blow to Big Mom too.
That leads me to believe that Luffy is probably gonna awaken as well right as Onigashima is falling towards the capitol and end up saving the day by having the island bounce to safety.

I'm not a fan of the "Law didn't attach me back properly" thing either. I thought this would be a good time for Oda to have some deaths, because it's the fire festival where they mourn and celebrate the dead. Though I was pretty sure Kinemon wouldn't die without meeting with Tsuru, but don't love this reason for him surviving. We still may see some deaths though.

Also Idk if it was necessary to drag out the Kanjuro situation either.

I liked Law and Kid's awakended powers. Like you said it probably means Luffy's are coming soon. Hopefully next week we'll wrap up another fight or so too keep things moving.

Very interested in the situation with Apoo and Drake. Also the CP0 situation and who is going to step in there.

Just realized, while we've seen shots of Izo and Kawamatsu and we know that Raizo is fighting Fukurokuju, we haven't seen Denjiro in forever.

Wild OP chap.

Still don't think Kid and Law will actually defeat BM.

Given the size of Onigashima and its mass turning it to rubber would only save that island. If it falls it'll still crush all the ppl in the capitol.

But maybe Oda would ignore all those facts for the funny twist outcome.
I'm not a fan of the "Law didn't attach me back properly" thing either. I thought this would be a good time for Oda to have some deaths, because it's the fire festival where they mourn and celebrate the dead. Though I was pretty sure Kinemon wouldn't die without meeting with Tsuru, but don't love this reason for him surviving. We still may see some deaths though.

I liked Law and Kid's awakended powers. Like you said it probably means Luffy's are coming soon. Hopefully next week we'll wrap up another fight or so too keep things moving.

Very interested in the situation with Apoo and Drake. Also the CP0 situation and who is going to step in there.

Just realized, while we've seen shots of Izo and Kawamatsu and we know that Raizo is fighting Fukurokuju, we haven't seen Denjiro in forever.
Kinnemon was never going to die. He still has to meet his wife again. Oda's not gonna leave that as an unhappy ending and missed reunion.

Usually when a character dies they spill their guts about their dreams and motivations, pass on their will to someone else and then die.

Oda just drew some really cool action scenes that would be death scenes in most other manga. No shock Kiki, Kin, and Kanjuuro are still alive for now.

The return of Kin's lower dismembered half running around and talking through farts is just a funny call back.

Last edited:
Wild OP chap.

Still don't think Kid and Law will actually defeat BM.

Given the size of Onigashima and its mass turning it to rubber would only save that island. If it falls it'll still crush all the ppl in the capitol.

But maybe Oda would ignore all those facts for the funny twist outcome.

Kinnemon was never going to die. He still has to meet his wife again. Oda's not gonna leave that as an unhappy ending and missed reunion.

Usually when a character dies they spill their guts about their dreams and motivations, pass on their will to someone else and then die.

Oda just drew some really cool action scenes that would be death scenes in most other manga. No shock Kiki, Kin, and Kanjuuro are still alive for now.

The return of Kin's lower dismembered half running around and talking through farts is just a funny call back.

I agree. I didn't think Kin was gonna die at all when he hadn't reunited with his wife. I'm just not that wild about the explanation of his survival, being oh my body was still loose from reassembly. But that's minor overall.

I also thought Oda might mix it up and have a couple deaths this arc, when usually he won't have deaths if he intends to have a big party scene at the end of the arc. I thought the fire festival could be a potential loophole due to what it represents. But not a big deal either way.
I'm more concerned on if this Kanjuro situation is going to drag out or be quick. I feel like one of Oda's flaws at times is he likes to try to raise the stakes and build tension with background things like the alabasta bomb or the birdcage or the ice oni virus they can fall flat at times and this could be one of those.

I also think Big Mom gets away. I've always felt her story would be resolved in Elbaf anyway. Now that may have changed as Oda's been trying to condense the story, but that's kind of been the feeling. I could see this fight ending in a draw due to the island or castle collapsing and getting in the way of the fight.

One theory I've seen about Onigashima is that it lands in the opening of Mt. Fuji. I'm not invested in any of the where does onigashima theories yet though to say. I am interested in how Luffy applies his awakening once he gets it.

Luffy has options. No guarantee he awakens. Could just bust out a new form of gear 4 or do gear 5 or do something new with coating CoC/ryou.

Last edited:
But to stop the falling island from detonating on impact means that he's gonna have to make sure that the island is more elastic somehow...

But to stop the falling island from detonating on impact means that he's gonna have to make sure that the island is more elastic somehow...
Or Yamato will get rid of most of the explosives and Momo will actually keep the island in the air until it crashes on top of the mountain where nobody lives except for possible mountain bandits.

Last edited:

I didn't think I was going to like it, but certainly like the majority of the chapter. The Kinemon alive is Oda doing stupid Oda stuff. I wish he cut those times out to nil. I wonder if we will see BM awaken or is that technically Whole Cake Island? Can't wait to see the process one undergoes when they are realizing there awakening.

I didn't think I was going to like it, but certainly like the majority of the chapter. The Kinemon alive is Oda doing stupid Oda stuff. I wish he cut those times out to nil. I wonder if we will see BM awaken or is that technically Whole Cake Island? Can't wait to see the process one undergoes when they are realizing there awakening.

Exactly that overall the chapter was good, it was just that one part. I think Oda just thought it was gonna be clever and hilarious to bring back the gag of Kinemon talking with his farts. You deal with it, but a lot of times it doesn't land all that well, but probably in a volume format you don't give it the same thought as when you read week to week. I think one of Oda's weaknesses a lot of times is maintaining tension and stuff that this is part of why. The bigger goal of it was obviously to move Ussop where he wanted I think

I think BM's awakening may be being able to infuse items with other people's souls not just her own, which is why she has the tax in totto land. But yeah looking forward to learning more about them overall.

MHA should've introduced Stars & Stripes way earlier.

Crazy *** quirk. Seems way more like a special nen ability.

It's been said that Everytime Luffy uses second gear or third he shortens his life span..

Has me thinking he's gonna die young like Rogers.
Yeah, its been baked in the story due to what were the drawbacks of gear 2 and 3 pre-timeskip.

Now Luffy doesn't suffer those. So it seems more like the more he uses haki and gear 4 is the more he shortens his life span (since gear 4 is basically using haki, gear 2 and gear 3 in attacks along with transforming his body).

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if they retcon the gear/lifespan thing for Luffy. They should have just left it at him being depleted after every use.

Back
Top Bottom