The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I would like to say that this is probably the best manga debate I've been apart of.
Not those silly try to predict what will happen debates, but a true debate of stuff that has been revealed.
Thank you for filling out time of my day where i was doing nothing.
Idk if any of you guys are old enough but has anyone ever played a game called Destrega
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destrega
It was a fighting game and the whole thing was like a rock paper scissor type battle.
SPEED, POWER, MAGIC(for this purpose Jutsus)
I don't remember exactly but I think it was Power beats Magic,
Magic beats speed
Speed beats Power.
1st Hokage would be Power
3rd Hokage would be Magic/jutsus
4th Hokage would be speed.
Not saying the matches would go down like that but my point is. all the ninjas are different, so i think it would come down to battle strategy. These are all OD strong Ninjas it could come down to something simple as to who wins and gets beat.
I sort of lean more towards the 3rd just because he knew a lot and the chakra reserve was a lot in his prime.
I mean He proved to know enough to hold off the 1st and 2nd.
but we also dont know what would happen in a battle with conditions the way Madara explained the butt whoopings 1st was giving him.
so its all a toss up.
For everyoen saying Itachi/ Madara , the only reason I dont put them in the top 3 (above those hokages atleast, or even the 2nd raikage) is because they all pretty much have proved they can overcome the shariigan. (rai prolly from being to fast)

idk dude. Madara's perfect susanno is a problem

I would like to say that this is probably the best manga debate I've been apart of.
Not those silly try to predict what will happen debates, but a true debate of stuff that has been revealed.
Idk if any of you guys are old enough but has anyone ever played a game called Destrega
It was a fighting game and the whole thing was like a rock paper scissor type battle.
Magic beats speed
Speed beats Power.
Not saying the matches would go down like that but my point is. all the ninjas are different, so i think it would come down to battle strategy. These are all OD strong Ninjas it could come down to something simple as to who wins and gets beat.
I sort of lean more towards the 3rd just because he knew a lot and the chakra reserve was a lot in his prime.
but we also dont know what would happen in a battle with conditions the way Madara explained the butt whoopings 1st was giving him.
so its all a toss up.
For everyoen saying Itachi/ Madara , the only reason I dont put them in the top 3 (above those hokages atleast, or even the 2nd raikage) is because they all pretty much have proved they can overcome the shariigan. (rai prolly from being to fast)

idk dude. Madara's perfect susanno is a problem
this
only like 5 people can over come the full power of a sharingan tsukyomi reading movements before they happen memorizing jutsus susanoo + the unique ability of each mangekyo
i dont think the 2nd 3rd is capable maybe the fourth since hes so fast but if he gets caught in tsukyomi its over

only people that can definitely over come it that i can think of is the first hokage and jinchurikis that can control their tailed beast

sasukes 1v1 4th raikage wouldve been killed if gaara didnt save him
sasanoo sasuke vs bee wouldve been a good fight but sasuke didnt have susanoo then

Last edited:
The beauty of the whole debate, is that we're talking about a 70 year old ninja vs two immortal nins in their prime who held his own.  There's never been talk of Hiruzen in his prime.  We've apparently seen all the hokage in their prime but him.  Dude is on another level.  We obviously can see that the third can handle the 1st and 2nds techniques.  You have to realize that even itachi didn't try to cross the 3rd.  Dude had respect.  Ask yourself, why didn't the 1st or 2nd or any other hokage make it to 70???

Magic beats speed
Speed beats Power.
so its all a toss up.

I loved that game. The memories bro. :pimp:

IMO the 1st would destroy the 3rd. He was just too strong. Plus we keep on learning more and more about him. They need to show the fight between Madara and the first ASAP. But carry on with the debate. :nerd:

Also I'm a big fan of the 2nd. I just feel like he is always forgotten because of the 1st. I'm patiently waiting for them to show him fight.

We dont know anything about Hashirama's death, and tobirama died protecting your precious Hiruzen. Age doesnt really mean anything.
We didnt see any of Tobirama's techniques and we only saw 2 of Hashirama's techniques. Not even his strongest.
Itachi was a good guy, who loved Konoha. Why would he think about messing with Hiruzen when Hiruzen was protecting Sasuke.

Last edited:
Wait so SAO Kirito is in another MMO, but has the same stats as his character in SAO? Won't end well for PKers :lol:

Wait so SAO Kirito is in another MMO, but has the same stats as his character in SAO? Won't end well for PKers :lol:

Would that mean any SAO player would sstart out the same or is it only Kirito for some reason we dont know yet. Or does he get that perk for beating the game

We dont know anything about Hashirama's death, and tobirama died protecting your precious Hiruzen. Age doesnt really mean anything.
We didnt see any of Tobirama's techniques and we only saw 2 of Hashirama's techniques. Not even his strongest.
Itachi was a good guy, who loved Konoha. Why would he think about messing with Hiruzen when Hiruzen was protecting Sasuke.

You know what bro, I wrote a really long response that just shattered every thing that you've been saying(like I've been doing this whole time), but I'm tired of going that route. So, I have a question for you. If the first is as strong as you say, how come he couldnt kill a 70 year old Hiruzen? He had his brother, the 2nd hokage, one of the strongest ninjas in the manga. So let's break it down. The guy you claim as the strongest ninja in the manga is teamed up another legendary senju, AND orochimaru, another kage level ninja. Why couldn't they kill him?? He was just a SHELL of himself, in a "miserable state", and THEY still couldnt kill him He sacrificed himself and took both of them with him, and took away oros ability to do ninjutsu. So my question to you, is why couldn't they kill him before he used the seal? Please don't respond with anything involving the hulk or Lebron or anything irrelevant like you've been doing.

Would that mean any SAO player would sstart out the same or is it only Kirito for some reason we dont know yet. Or does he get that perk for beating the game

that would be my guess... either that or there's a glitch in the matrix...
dudes flash stepping all over the place now :lol:

just caught up with issues of Green Blood and Girls of the Wild
both are really good atm

also reading all these panels make me wanna see the episodes again.
i think i will best fight thus far.

Last edited:
you cant be serious thinking the third is the strongest of all time
laugh.gif

i think itachi nagato sasuke obito madara etc would clap the third up both in their prime
laugh.gif

knowing a bunch of ninjutsu and being good at taijutsu wont make you the greatest of all time
All I'm saying is by logic, if the third in his prime and throughout his ninja career was ruled as the strongest hokage ever, would rank him up there.  I mean this guy was raised by the 1st and 2nd, so that automatically makes him a beast.  Even his kids were beasts.  THE WHOLE TEAM.  No other 3 man cell or team were hailed as legends.  You do realize that Madara who probably has never even seen the third fight in his prime is hyping up Hashirama.  It would be hilarious if the 3rd killed the 1st.  We never do know how hashirama died.  We can say the third must be smarter than the first because damn near every member of the village has his cells.....
in the manga the third was said to be the strongest of all of the hokage, but the 4th is called "the greatest" and had he not died would have been the strongest.

that said... kishi is clearly retconning the story and wants us to recognize hashirama as the goat.

in the manga the third was said to be the strongest of all of the hokage, but the 4th is called "the greatest" and had he not died would have been the strongest.

that said... kishi is clearly retconning the story and wants us to recognize hashirama as the goat.

Where does it say he was the greatest? Anyways, I've made my points with proof, even the data books say the third is the strongest hokage. No one still answered my question. If the 1st was so strong how come he couldn't kill a 70 year old Hiruzen? He even had his brother and oro and still couldn't kill a 70 year old man, and this is the guy you're calling the strongest?

Jiraiya says, i believe to Naruto, that Minato was the greatest of all the Hokage. And doesnt Hiruzen say that Minato was the strongest in the village at one point. i dont remember the chapters so maybe im off on what Hiruzen said but im almost certain bout Jiraiya. Wouldnt he be as qualified to make that assessment as Iruka. granted greatest does not equal strongest. But Minato was clearly portrayed as a prodigy as well and i kean, the flee on site order...

I'd have to see the panel to believe it. Don't get me wrong Minato had a bright future but he died too early to do anything. I just dont get how it's not understood that clearly the 3rd was on another level. We didn't even know if dude had a unique ability. All I'm saying is the guy has been in like every war(maybe not the first), and is still kickin *** in his late 60s. The 3rd probably knew how to do space time jutsu too. You guys say flee on sight is a big deal, but downplay the fact that everyone, not only Konoha or some lucky group called the 3rd the god of shinobi.

Where does it say he was the greatest? Anyways, I've made my points with proof, even the data books say the third is the strongest hokage. No one still answered my question. If the 1st was so strong how come he couldn't kill a 70 year old Hiruzen? He even had his brother and oro and still couldn't kill a 70 year old man, and this is the guy you're calling the strongest?

Question though. So judging by the way Kishi is writing things at this point you still believe Hiruzen is the strongest Hokage (to be more specific, shinobi) of all time? I mean, I ain't saying the 3rd as a pushover. He did manage to defeat the summoned versions of the 1st and the 2nd, but still.

What I'm trying to get to is that you're basing your assumptions on a previous arc. Since Kishi seems to be writing the stuff as he goes, it would be safe to put our assumptions as to who the strongest is on whatever he wrote the latest. And in this case, the way things are going it's Hashirama.

You guys really really really really really really want the 3rd to stay the strongest so badly. :lol: :lol:

Question though. So judging by the way Kishi is writing things at this point you still believe Hiruzen is the strongest Hokage (to be more specific, shinobi) of all time? I mean, I ain't saying the 3rd as a pushover. He did manage to defeat the summoned versions of the 1st and the 2nd, but still.
What I'm trying to get to is that you're basing your assumptions on a previous arc. Since Kishi seems to be writing the stuff as he goes, it would be safe to put our assumptions as to who the strongest is on whatever he wrote the latest. And in this case, the way things are going it's Hashirama.

My response to your question is with all the stuff going on now about the 1st, does it really matter? The dude is not coming back. It also strengthens my argument when you think about it. If the first could do all this stuff in his prime or out of his prime ,doesn't matter, it means that he did it all before Hiruzen even became hokage. So it was known back then that the first can do all these feats. So if everyone knew the first was that powerful and still called the 3rd the strongest that should tell you something. That's just simple logic right there. So it still remains the 3rd>1st.

It's been stated before, the mind control talismans that Oro used on the first and second weren't perfect. It turned them into mindless drones that only wanted to kill their target and couldn't use their full range of abilities. Kabuto used an "improved" form of the talisman that allows the summoned to keep their mind in tact, and therefore have access to their full range of abilities when fighting, although they dont have control of their own bodies and Kabuto could at any time kill off their minds and turn them into drones as well.

My response to your question is with all the stuff going on now about the 1st, does it really matter? The dude is not coming back. It also strengthens my argument when you think about it. If the first could do all this stuff in his prime or out of his prime ,doesn't matter, it means that he did it all before Hiruzen even became hokage. So it was known back then that the first can do all these feats. So if everyone knew the first was that powerful and still called the 3rd the strongest that should tell you something. That's just simple logic right there. So it still remains the 3rd>1st.

Not as simple as you think. I'm not looking at it as a shinobi inside Naruto's world. I'm looking at it as a reader judging by how the author is writing his work, and I say writing because the story is still progressing. Nothing is set in stone. It just so happens that by using my own logic, it tells me that Kishi is trying to impose that Hashirama is the strongest.

Can we just agree to disagree?
Yeah. at this point, it's different strokes for different folks I guess. :lol:
And let's be real here, Naruto is the greatest/strongest character of all time in the series. Why? Because he has the manga named after him, that's why! If the first or the third were the best then the manga would have been named after either one. :lol:
And plus, Hiruzen was "defeated" by Naruto and his sexy jutsu. I don't care how great of a man he is, ain't nothing great about being defeated by sexy jutsu, although, Naruto being defeated by the hidden finger jutsu is pretty bad too. :lol:

Last edited:
It's been stated before, the mind control talismans that Oro used on the first and second weren't perfect. It turned them into mindless drones that only wanted to kill their target and couldn't use their full range of abilities. Kabuto used an "improved" form of the talisman that allows the summoned to keep their mind in tact, and therefore have access to their full range of abilities when fighting, although they dont have control of their own bodies and Kabuto could at any time kill off their minds and turn them into drones as well.

Hahaha dude just stop. Your WHOLE argument is just WRONG. Literally, everything you just typed is false. First off oro perfected the jutsu. So it was perfect and he turned them into their true forms, not mindless drones who didn't have access to their full abilities. How are you going to debate something and just throw random nonsense in there?!!! Kabuto said he took the already perfected edo tensei to another level. Keywords, already, and perfected.
Anyway you look at it, the 3rd> the 1st.

Yeah. at this point, it's different strokes for different folks I guess. :lol:
And let's be real here, Naruto is the greatest/strongest character of all time in the series. Why? Because he has the manga named after him, that's why! If the first or the third were the best then the manga would have been named after either one. :lol:
And plus, Hiruzen was "defeated" by Naruto and his sexy jutsu. I don't care how great of a man he is, ain't nothing great about being defeated by sexy jutsu, although, Naruto being defeated by the hidden finger jutsu is pretty bad too. :lol:

The simplest yet most valid argument. Might sound funny, but it does hold up :smokin

So how do you go about Madara stating that only Hashirama can match up with him? :nerd:

Does Madara even know who the 3rd is??? There's been nothing to support that he's been in contact with the 3rd. The guy has been in a cave for who knows how long. But no one answered my question. You guys just keep going over it. If the first was so strong and bad how come he couldn't kill a 70 year miserable old man??? I mean it's not like he was immortal, in his prime, had the 2nd hokage on his side, and orochimaru fighting with him. Oh wait, he did.

Back
Top Bottom