The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

Happy new year
Thanks for all the gems dropped in here

Dunno if posted.

100 best anime movies of all time.

Akiras kind of low imho
Akira isn't really a good movie. The animation is fantastic and you could reference it's cultural impact, but the plot is rushed, confusing at times and they tried to cram way to much into 2 hours and still left out major parts of the manga

Also steamboy and takes from earthsea were complete garbage. In suprised they are even on the list

Last edited:
I honestly have only seen the more popular anime movies like akira...spirited away...monanoake...etc.

But im gonna watch the top 10. 8)

I honestly have only seen the more popular anime movies like akira...spirited away...monanoake...etc.

But im gonna watch the top 10. 8)
Eh it's not a very good list. Like most of ghiblis worst movies are higher than the better ones. Like I love Ponyo but no way is it better than howl, castle in the sky etc.

And from up on poppy hill and earthsea probably don't beling at a in this list

Akiras kind of low imho

My first time watching Akira was last year, (I was 27)
and I didn't like it at all.

he animation was wonderful top notch for its time
but the story was mehhh...
I sat the whole movie like WTF is really going on?

Just an update. On chapter 49 of One Piece. I'm really getting into it. :pimp:

Yes brotha yes, keep going, you'll love the magical world

Akiras kind of low imho

My first time watching Akira was last year, (I was 27)
and I didn't like it at all.

he animation was wonderful top notch for its time
but the story was mehhh...
I sat the whole movie like WTF is really going on?

Just an update. On chapter 49 of One Piece. I'm really getting into it. :pimp:

Yes brotha yes, keep going, you'll love the magical world
the akira manga is 6 volumes so compressing that into a 2 hour movie that actually makes sense is almost impossible.

its almost as if cramming 3LoTR movies into 1. Akira would need to be 2-3 movies, but it was extremely expensive to make just that 1 movie, so it wasn't viable

the akira manga is 6 volumes so compressing that into a 2 hour movie that actually makes sense is almost impossible.

its almost as if cramming 3LoTR movies into 1. Akira would need to be 2-3 movies, but it was extremely expensive to make just that 1 movie, so it wasn't viable

yea but what I saw was the Movie, what's popular is the movie.
And what I saw was confusing and not that entertaining.

I'm sure (like most Manga) it's way better but what I saw I didn't like.

quite honestly the movie wasn't interesting enough for me to go back and even read the Manga.

(not trying to sound like a butthole for saying)

The original FMA had wayy more emotion to me than Brotherhood, even though I enjoyed both very much.

I watched the og and read the manga. Im leaning towards the manga for the better ending but I really like both. I recall the og being darker

I watched the og and read the manga. Im leaning towards the manga for the better ending but I really like both. I recall the og being darker
I never read the manga.  It'll probably be on my list for my next manga to read. The og as in brotherhood or the regular one?

Dunno if posted.

100 best anime movies of all time.

Akiras kind of low imho

It's one list out of dozens of others i've seen personally, so keep that in mind. And i'd say its completely off from the jump. I've seen many of these numerous times, and watched Colorful just last year. It is most certainly not the greatest anime movie of all time. While not bad, its still mediocre at best. I have absolutely no idea how it could ever be rated so high. From there I feel that the first 20-30 have various movies that deserve to be that high, but some lower than they should be.

It is all opinion of course.

Starting off the new year right by re-watching.

Hated the first series with a passion.

If you guys like aldnoah zero and gundam be sure to check out majestic prince i'm going to be watching this for the month of January in addition to tokyo ghoul

But more importantly I heard Australia is getting the last naruto movie sometime this month and hopefully that means we can get a subbed version of it sometime soon instead of a summer release 

Hated the first series with a passion.
I  understand how you feel.
I don't think Brotherhood would have had the success it had, if not for the success of fma 2004.

Yeah it's a cycle. The first FMA series was the first anime a lot of people ever saw, and of course increased the popularity of anime in America even more, as well as opening those people up to other series; which includes Brotherhood down the line. However, the manga, which both were based off of, was insanely popular regardless (I'm speaking of Naruto and One Piece levels) and a lot of fans of that moved over to the anime series as well.

The storyline for the first series was just so broken and terrible to me, whereas I felt the second came off much better, and more complete in the long run.

I liked High School of The Dead.
the way HOTD has been on indefinite hiatus is disrespectful. word is the show was more popular EVERYWHERE else but japan. and the creator just quit hotd and started a new mange called triage something or whatever. but i dont care. HOTD was that work! the anime had a lil too much fanservice and took away from the excellent story and animation but...still

the world been waiting for YEARS. and they said the next season was greenlit like 2 years ago..

the way HOTD has been on indefinite hiatus is disrespectful. word is the show was more popular EVERYWHERE else but japan. and the creator just quit hotd and started a new mange called triage something or whatever. but i dont care. HOTD was that work! the anime had a lil too much fanservice and took away from the excellent story and animation but...still

the world been waiting for YEARS. and they said the next season was greenlit like 2 years ago..

I remember hearing that the 2 brothers who worked on it, one writes and one draws, got into an argument over how to split the money so they just stopped and put the series on hiatus.Idk how true that story is tho.

It was weird because it came off of hiatus and a chapter was released and at the end of the chapter was a note saying it would continue next issue and it was the same time it got licensed in the states for official manga translations. Then it went right back to hiatus with the story on a cliffhanger.

I never read the manga.  It'll probably be on my list for my next manga to read. The og as in brotherhood or the regular one?

og as in 2005 anime. I prefer the english dub personally, ed's voice really suits him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom