The Official College Thread Vol. Best College Thread Ever!!!!!

hop

I though that we could use a thread where we could provide information about:
-Information for those looking for information on colleges (or technical schools) that NT'ers are thinking about attending.

-Give each other heads up on Scholarship & Internships.

-Help each other network at their respective schools.

-Give people who are considering a major or considering changing their major the heads up on your respective major.

-Any HELPFUL information relating to college in general.

Please try not turn this into a "Go to college vs. Not going to college thread" (We have one of those...)

I was just admitted to The University of Maryland
pimp.gif
, any NT'ers attending or attended?
nerd.gif

I though that we could use a thread where we could provide information about:
-Information for those looking for information on colleges (or technical schools) that NT'ers are thinking about attending.

-Give each other heads up on Scholarship & Internships.

-Help each other network at their respective schools.

-Give people who are considering a major or considering changing their major the heads up on your respective major.

-Any HELPFUL information relating to college in general.

Please try not turn this into a "Go to college vs. Not going to college thread" (We have one of those...)

I was just admitted to The University of Maryland
pimp.gif
, any NT'ers attending or attended?
nerd.gif

I will be attending the University of Oklahoma. Anyone go there?

about to submit my enrollment commitment and housing application today

I will be attending the University of Oklahoma. Anyone go there?

about to submit my enrollment commitment and housing application today

Well, here's all you need to know. Classes, nothing before 11. Beer, its your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Women, you're a freshman, so its pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car? ... Someone on your hall will, find them and make friends with them on the first day ...

Well, here's all you need to know. Classes, nothing before 11. Beer, its your best friend, you drink a lot of it. Women, you're a freshman, so its pretty much out of the question. Will you have a car? ... Someone on your hall will, find them and make friends with them on the first day ...

GO AWAY FOR COLLEGE. DONT NOT STAY HOME IF YOU CAN GO AWAY. GO FAR AWAY. DO NOT STAY.
unless your poor like me
tired.gif

GO AWAY FOR COLLEGE. DONT NOT STAY HOME IF YOU CAN GO AWAY. GO FAR AWAY. DO NOT STAY.
unless your poor like me
tired.gif

Graduating in 19 days.

College sucks, it's designed to make you not be a dreamer and conform to the mundane life of a 9-5 American who works for 40 years and hopes to retire with enough money to go on cruises every year with his wife.

If you go to college, study what you love. Don't go the route of what's safe. If you love art, make it. Don't stop your dreams.

Hop wrote:

I need help with this.
I was thinking about doing engineering but after taking chemistry and precalc I see that my academic strengths don't lie in that route.
I'm good in English.
I'm thinking about Biology, Nursing, Pychology, Sociology
ohwell.gif
, Teaching, Political Science, Criminal Justice, and communications.
None of these are definite, these are just fields I might have an interest in.
If any NTers have taken any of these routes I would love to hear more information about them first hand.

Graduating in 19 days.

College sucks, it's designed to make you not be a dreamer and conform to the mundane life of a 9-5 American who works for 40 years and hopes to retire with enough money to go on cruises every year with his wife.

If you go to college, study what you love. Don't go the route of what's safe. If you love art, make it. Don't stop your dreams.

Hop wrote:

I need help with this.
I was thinking about doing engineering but after taking chemistry and precalc I see that my academic strengths don't lie in that route.
I'm good in English.
I'm thinking about Biology, Nursing, Pychology, Sociology
ohwell.gif
, Teaching, Political Science, Criminal Justice, and communications.
None of these are definite, these are just fields I might have an interest in.
If any NTers have taken any of these routes I would love to hear more information about them first hand.

Originally Posted by dland24

I'm actually transferring from a Community College...Anybody else on do this?

Cobra Kai...very good info but I believe that all of that can be related to society in general (not just college).

I'm actually transferring from a Community College...Anybody else on do this?

Cobra Kai...very good info but I believe that all of that can be related to society in general (not just college).

try to keep classes between 9-330

don't be afraid to change your major no matter how far you are...its your life

i don't know what homie is talking about women are out of the question...its new to them just like it is to you...just have fun with it...

just develop good study habits early...its much harder to play catch up...

try to keep classes between 9-330

don't be afraid to change your major no matter how far you are...its your life

i don't know what homie is talking about women are out of the question...its new to them just like it is to you...just have fun with it...

just develop good study habits early...its much harder to play catch up...

False info

False info

Do more research about professors, don't just go to myedu.  Find their syllabi online.

Class wise
- Try to go to every class
- Go to profs office hours
- Become very cool with your profs. They'll look out with grades, recommendations, etc.
- Sit in front of class.
- Study your *#+ off when you don't know something.

Upon doing that you got yourself a C. The rest is up to you on how you get your A.

Social
- Become active by joining student orgs or student govern.
- Join orgs based on what you're interested in & your major.
- After your 1st semester or year, get in honor societies. (smart chicks > ____ )

Social clubs and fraternities are mad cool too.

Party Life
- Natty, bud light, etc. is going to be your best friend. Treat him right and he will reward you.
- Hop on the beer pong table and run it like a King.
- Don't go too fresh to house parties
laugh.gif

It's a #@#@!* party....get trashed and have fun!

Class wise
- Try to go to every class
- Go to profs office hours
- Become very cool with your profs. They'll look out with grades, recommendations, etc.
- Sit in front of class.
- Study your *#+ off when you don't know something.

Upon doing that you got yourself a C. The rest is up to you on how you get your A.

Social
- Become active by joining student orgs or student govern.
- Join orgs based on what you're interested in & your major.
- After your 1st semester or year, get in honor societies. (smart chicks > ____ )

Social clubs and fraternities are mad cool too.

Party Life
- Natty, bud light, etc. is going to be your best friend. Treat him right and he will reward you.
- Hop on the beer pong table and run it like a King.
- Don't go too fresh to house parties
laugh.gif

It's a #@#@!* party....get trashed and have fun!

Do more research about professors, don't just go to myedu.  Find their syllabi online.

He's a freshman, dude. Good luck getting into those generals anytime after 11 my g.
roll.gif
And I hope you meant women are out of the question as in there are so many that there's no question you should be able to get play.

I highly doubt anyone on NT will ever attend my school, but if anyone is attending a private catholic university in Minnesota, holla at me.
roll.gif

Other than that, people who are looking to major in computer science...be sure to get familiar with at least a couple languages before taking your first class. Some dude signed up for an intro to computer problem solving class, sat next to me, and asked what HTML was the first day. Needless to say, he didn't last long.
roll.gif
If you have a mac, you can get by. But it's a lot easier just to bootcamp some version of Windows on your machine because all of your classes will be using Windows machines (unless its a special class,) and more often than not the applications they use aren't on multiple platforms. More times than not, your computer science department can hook you up with a free/reduced version of Windows. And if not, ask your professors as they often have product keys literally just lying around. If all else fails...you're majoring in computer science. If you can't figure out how to get it by another means, you need to reconsider your field.

Something not a lot of people look into: internal scholarships. A lot of times, schools offer scholarships specifically for their students only. And you have to apply through a department (like the multicultural student department or something.) They vary in amount and difficulty of application, but I got a full ride because of the city I lived in. You never really know whats out there, so ask. Schedule a meeting with your financial aid person BEFORE you enroll in classes. That way you won't have to transfer after your first semester because you didn't know what was to come.

Other than that, find your other turtles within the first couple weekends if you don't already have homies at the school. Word to Ninjahood.

Back
Top Bottom