THE OFFICIAL CURREN$Y THREAD!!! Vol. The Jet Lounge

^^ met him in the airport about 9 months ago and was screaming like one of them chicks from the old Michael Jackson concert videos. He had the this monster thick baddie carrying a Louie bag for him. Dapped me up and told me he appreciated the love. Asked him to match one and he said next time :wow:

Met him and Wiz privately in 2009 right after How Fly dropped. I've shared the story in here before. Long story short my friend Drew booked both of them for $3K total to do a little show at his frat house. They came without :pimp: and I was the only one there with any. So Drew found me and I smoked both of them up. Drew signed a $3M touring deal shortly after we graduated together. He is 1/2 of the group Chainsmokers, claim to fame is the "Selfie" song. Crazy how everyone in that room became extremely successful...I'd like to think I'm just a little bit behind those 3 :rofl: But seriously, How Fly mixtape came at a huge turning point in my life. And Pilot Talk I and II came at an even bigger turning point. Ever since I met Spitta things have just gotten better and better for me. He'll forever be my favorite artist. #JetLife

^^ met him in the airport about 9 months ago and was screaming like one of them chicks from the old Michael Jackson concert videos. He had the this monster thick baddie carrying a Louie bag for him. Dapped me up and told me he appreciated the love. Asked him to match one and he said next time :wow:
He had a short yellow something (she was cute), but I was sorta starstruck took a couple times to get his attention

^I haven't seen him since 2009 :smh: But I am not really a concert goer any way. Probably only been to handful of concerts in my life but he's one person I would like to see again.

How many people in here listen to AZ? I'm just curious because he's my second favorite rapper and I feel has very similar motivational, hustle, stay low and slowly let money pile up subject matter in his raps. He just doesn't rap about smoking as much as Spitta does.

Last edited:
I had every AZ album up to The Format until my HD crashed. Him and Nas on a track were money.

Closest I came to meeting Spitta was after a show outside in Bmore. This was when his leg was broke and someone was wheeling him back to the tour bus. Just threw up the Jet sign and called it a day.

Embarking on my production career and one of my goals is to produce an EP for him. One of my first projects is to revisit/rework some of my favorite beats he rapped on as practice and help me learn Maschine.

Last edited:
Met him before a show at Irving Plaza a few years ago, just as Covert Coup was dropping iirc. Got there early and there were a few people ahead of my group. Line was probably about a hundred deep at the time. Spitta hopped out the truck and dapped up every single person and took flicks with all of us. :smokin

Edit: AZ is dope and I'll admit even though Nas is the goat imo AZ killed him on that life's a *****. They've always matched up well.

Last edited:
On a side note we chopped it up with Young Roddy after the show for a few minutes. My boy Luis is a big fan and gave him a hat. The same East New York hat Roddy wore in the video for "The Plot", one of my favorite songs by him.

Yo the plot is my favorite song from young roddy too it's so motivational man

I gotta meet these dudes one day.

http://piff.me/c6e94d6

First Spitta show tomorrow night. What should I expect? What do y'all think the set list will be? What time does he usually take the stage in relation to doors opening?

^^ he's gonna come out like the last hour and a half. Lots of wack opening acts but still get there early for a good position cause once he comes out its euphoric. Don't know if smoking is allowed in your venue but if it is...get ready :nthat:

^^ he's gonna come out like the last hour and a half. Lots of wack opening acts but still get there early for a good position cause once he comes out its euphoric. Don't know if smoking is allowed in your venue but if it is...get ready :nthat:

Everything he said. You're definitely in for a good time. I've only been to one Spitta show but I've heard his set varies due to him having so much damn material :lol:

Last edited:

Allowed or not, there will be smoking. :lol:

Met him and Wiz privately in 2009 right after How Fly dropped. I've shared the story in here before. Long story short my friend Drew booked both of them for $3K total to do a little show at his frat house. They came without
pimp.gif
and I was the only one there with any. So Drew found me and I smoked both of them up. Drew signed a $3M touring deal shortly after we graduated together. He is 1/2 of the group Chainsmokers, claim to fame is the "Selfie" song. Crazy how everyone in that room became extremely successful...I'd like to think I'm just a little bit behind those 3
roll.gif
But seriously, How Fly mixtape came at a huge turning point in my life. And Pilot Talk I and II came at an even bigger turning point. Ever since I met Spitta things have just gotten better and better for me. He'll forever be my favorite artist. #JetLife
Yo thats dope! Chainsmokers is one of my favorite DJs. Yeah "selfie" is one of their most recognizable songs but its also their worst as well lol. Funny how stuff like that works with some artists.

^^ he's gonna come out like the last hour and a half. Lots of wack opening acts but still get there early for a good position cause once he comes out its euphoric. Don't know if smoking is allowed in your venue but if it is...get ready
nthat.gif
truth. Saw him live after Covert Coupe dropped 
pimp.gif
. Buddy came out at 3 am and the show started at "9" lol.

Back
Top Bottom