The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by JPZx

Fecta23

QBs- Great, actually. I think Favre will be an every week starter for you if he comes back and has his full set of WRs playing and healthy (Rice, Harvin, Berrian, Shiancoe) and Romo has a few nice targets this year in Miles, Dez, Witten, etc.

RBs- The best part of your team. Not sure how you got all three of those guys, but props on that. All three could be studs this season, and there's about a 95% chance at least two of them will be. I like Donald Brown as a sleeper this year to take over Addai's spot seeing as how this is Addai's last year and the Colts won't want to pay him the money he'll ask for next season. Steve Slaton could be a steal if he emerges from that Houston backfield that is already somewhat depleted with the loss of Ben Tate for the season. Also, if Adrian Peterson goes down Toby Gerhart could be a nice fill-in guy. However, I will caution you that he's not currently listed as the #2 RB on the squad. Albert Young, a player that hardly anyone has heard of, owns that spot at the moment.

WRs- Not the strongest part of your team but not really weak either. I love Anquan Boldin this year. He finally gets his chance to be a #1 and Joe Flacco showed last season that he had grit despite not having many WRs to throw to. I could see Flacco-to-Boldin being a nice connection the next few years. Welker is Welker, he'll get you a ton of yards but not a lot of TDs. I like Maclin who Kolb showed a liking towards when he got playing time last season when McNabb was hurt. Not a fan of Kenny Britt, but Doucet could be a sleeper. He had a breakout game in the Wild Card Round against Arizona last season.

TEs- Witten will be solid as usual.

DEF- Not a fan of the Packers. That's just not because I'm a Vikings fan either
laugh.gif
... there defense has had the score run up on them a few times this past season and I don't really see that changing. I mean, Jake Delhomme and the Cleveland Browns scored two TDs against them right away in that first preseason game a couple of days ago. Yeah, granted, it's preseason, but either way it's not a good sign.

Rating: 8.5/10

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

I love my RB's too. I got really lucky with that. Im loving Shonne Green, I really think he will be a top 5 back if healthy. Romo will be solid and taking Favre in the 14th was well worth the risk IMO. I dont like Boldin at all but I think I got a steal with Welker especially since im in a 1/2 point per catch league. I want better WR's but beyond Andre and Randy no one I want that bad. I was gonna take Jennings over Rashard but he went way earlier than I thought.

Fecta23

QBs- Great, actually. I think Favre will be an every week starter for you if he comes back and has his full set of WRs playing and healthy (Rice, Harvin, Berrian, Shiancoe) and Romo has a few nice targets this year in Miles, Dez, Witten, etc.

RBs- The best part of your team. Not sure how you got all three of those guys, but props on that. All three could be studs this season, and there's about a 95% chance at least two of them will be. I like Donald Brown as a sleeper this year to take over Addai's spot seeing as how this is Addai's last year and the Colts won't want to pay him the money he'll ask for next season. Steve Slaton could be a steal if he emerges from that Houston backfield that is already somewhat depleted with the loss of Ben Tate for the season. Also, if Adrian Peterson goes down Toby Gerhart could be a nice fill-in guy. However, I will caution you that he's not currently listed as the #2 RB on the squad. Albert Young, a player that hardly anyone has heard of, owns that spot at the moment.

WRs- Not the strongest part of your team but not really weak either. I love Anquan Boldin this year. He finally gets his chance to be a #1 and Joe Flacco showed last season that he had grit despite not having many WRs to throw to. I could see Flacco-to-Boldin being a nice connection the next few years. Welker is Welker, he'll get you a ton of yards but not a lot of TDs. I like Maclin who Kolb showed a liking towards when he got playing time last season when McNabb was hurt. Not a fan of Kenny Britt, but Doucet could be a sleeper. He had a breakout game in the Wild Card Round against Arizona last season.

laugh.gif
... there defense has had the score run up on them a few times this past season and I don't really see that changing. I mean, Jake Delhomme and the Cleveland Browns scored two TDs against them right away in that first preseason game a couple of days ago. Yeah, granted, it's preseason, but either way it's not a good sign.

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

I love my RB's too. I got really lucky with that. Im loving Shonne Green, I really think he will be a top 5 back if healthy. Romo will be solid and taking Favre in the 14th was well worth the risk IMO. I dont like Boldin at all but I think I got a steal with Welker especially since im in a 1/2 point per catch league. I want better WR's but beyond Andre and Randy no one I want that bad. I was gonna take Jennings over Rashard but he went way earlier than I thought.

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Fecta23

laugh.gif

Only an 8.5 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Drew Brees is my first keeper. My second is between Sidney Rice, Crabtree, Sims-Walker, McFadden or Forsett. Who should I pick?

Somebody....please.....answer me

Drew Brees is my first keeper. My second is between Sidney Rice, Crabtree, Sims-Walker, McFadden or Forsett. Who should I pick?

It comes down to Crabtree or MSW for me. Crabtree has a nice upside but is still unproven. MSW also has talent and is coming off a solid season but I don't like his injury history or his team situation. Crabtree is the safer pick in my opinion but might not have as high a ceiling as MSW.

It comes down to Crabtree or MSW for me. Crabtree has a nice upside but is still unproven. MSW also has talent and is coming off a solid season but I don't like his injury history or his team situation. Crabtree is the safer pick in my opinion but might not have as high a ceiling as MSW.

Hmm, I'd keep crabtree or Forsett. Sidney rice is banged up, DMC still has to compete with mike bush, and Sime Walker has garrard throwing to him, but I crabtree has alex smith throwing to him, however I like crabtree's upside more..

Hmm, I'd keep crabtree or Forsett. Sidney rice is banged up, DMC still has to compete with mike bush, and Sime Walker has garrard throwing to him, but I crabtree has alex smith throwing to him, however I like crabtree's upside more..

I think 95% of people would tell you Rice, but I'd go w/ Crabtree.

I think 95% of people would tell you Rice, but I'd go w/ Crabtree.

Either Sidney Rice or Michael Crabtree. Not sure why koolbarbone didn't mention Rice... dude's a Bear fan though so whatever he's probably conditioned to hate all the Vikings players
laugh.gif

Sidney Rice broke out last year and is only 23 years old. He's got 8-9 more years of "prime seasons" in him. Crabtree is obviously a talent, but on August 16, 2010 I'd go with Sidney Rice 100% of the time. Michael Crabtree is still a question mark. Need's to put in a full season of work before he gets a "keeper nod".
Originally Posted by AG 47

with the 8th pick, I got...

Matt Schaub
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Anquan Boldin
Robert Meachem
Zach Miller
Jamaal Charles
Rob Bironas
New England D

Dwyane Bowe, Malcolm Floyd, Ricky Williams , Eli Manning, Willis McGahee, Kevin Smith, Steve Breaston, Todd Heap, Davone Bess

I'm already struggling with who I want to start for week 1.
tired.gif
QBs- As long as Matt Schaub stays healthy, dude is golden. He posted career highs in just about every stat category last year, and I don't see any reason why that would change (unless he gets injured, which is a definite possibility). With that injury prone factor in mind, if I were you I would try to go out and acquire a better backup QB than Eli Manning. Eli would be decent for a QB that has missed almost zero games throughout his career and only would sit during a bye week, but for Schaub Eli just doesn't make the cut for me.

RBs- Fantastic 1-2 punch in Gore and Jackson. I don't like Jackson but where it sounds like you got him, he was probably amazing value at that point. The reason behind my dislike for him is that the Rams just don't score points. It's really that simple. There were games last year where they would just post 3 or even 0 points. Dude is money when it comes to yardage, but it's just so damn frustrating because if he were on a better team he'd be a superstar in my opinion. He's already a great player, but not a superstar. As for your other backs, I like McGahee if he gets the goal-line carries like he did last season. I also like that you took a flier on Ricky Williams in case Ronnie Brown gets injured.

WRs- Meachem did well last year and is flying relatively under the radar in draft's that I've seen this year. I've heard that Dwayne Bowe is in great shape and could be in line for a solid season. I've already stated I like the Flacco-to-Boldin connection. Breaston has the potential to be a great #2 in ARZ... however the QB play would need to be efficient.

TE- Campbell loved hooking up with Chris Cooley in Washington, so I don't see why there wouldn't be a similar rapport in Oakland with Zach Miller. I like him this year. Todd Heap had a bounce back year in 2009, compared to 08, 07, etc.

Rating: 9/10

Either Sidney Rice or Michael Crabtree. Not sure why koolbarbone didn't mention Rice... dude's a Bear fan though so whatever he's probably conditioned to hate all the Vikings players
laugh.gif

Sidney Rice broke out last year and is only 23 years old. He's got 8-9 more years of "prime seasons" in him. Crabtree is obviously a talent, but on August 16, 2010 I'd go with Sidney Rice 100% of the time. Michael Crabtree is still a question mark. Need's to put in a full season of work before he gets a "keeper nod".
Originally Posted by AG 47

with the 8th pick, I got...

Matt Schaub
Frank Gore
Steven Jackson
Anquan Boldin
Robert Meachem
Zach Miller
Jamaal Charles
Rob Bironas
New England D

Dwyane Bowe, Malcolm Floyd, Ricky Williams , Eli Manning, Willis McGahee, Kevin Smith, Steve Breaston, Todd Heap, Davone Bess

I'm already struggling with who I want to start for week 1.
tired.gif
QBs- As long as Matt Schaub stays healthy, dude is golden. He posted career highs in just about every stat category last year, and I don't see any reason why that would change (unless he gets injured, which is a definite possibility). With that injury prone factor in mind, if I were you I would try to go out and acquire a better backup QB than Eli Manning. Eli would be decent for a QB that has missed almost zero games throughout his career and only would sit during a bye week, but for Schaub Eli just doesn't make the cut for me.

RBs- Fantastic 1-2 punch in Gore and Jackson. I don't like Jackson but where it sounds like you got him, he was probably amazing value at that point. The reason behind my dislike for him is that the Rams just don't score points. It's really that simple. There were games last year where they would just post 3 or even 0 points. Dude is money when it comes to yardage, but it's just so damn frustrating because if he were on a better team he'd be a superstar in my opinion. He's already a great player, but not a superstar. As for your other backs, I like McGahee if he gets the goal-line carries like he did last season. I also like that you took a flier on Ricky Williams in case Ronnie Brown gets injured.

WRs- Meachem did well last year and is flying relatively under the radar in draft's that I've seen this year. I've heard that Dwayne Bowe is in great shape and could be in line for a solid season. I've already stated I like the Flacco-to-Boldin connection. Breaston has the potential to be a great #2 in ARZ... however the QB play would need to be efficient.

TE- Campbell loved hooking up with Chris Cooley in Washington, so I don't see why there wouldn't be a similar rapport in Oakland with Zach Miller. I like him this year. Todd Heap had a bounce back year in 2009, compared to 08, 07, etc.

Rating: 9/10

Subtle shot JPZx, but I'd only take Rice in that situation if Favre were back for sure. I guess that makes him a high risk/reward type player, but there's too many variables with that pick as the situation stands right now.

Subtle shot JPZx, but I'd only take Rice in that situation if Favre were back for sure. I guess that makes him a high risk/reward type player, but there's too many variables with that pick as the situation stands right now.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

So I'm drafting tomorrow. In our league we draw cards and you basically pick where you draft. Lets say I pick the third highest card, would you rather draft 3rd and grab Ray Rice, or draft late to get back to back picks?

What kind of a league are you in? If it is PPR then I'm taking Ray Ray or MJD at #3 and loving it

I'm PPR and already know I'm taking Ray if I get number 3

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

So I'm drafting tomorrow. In our league we draw cards and you basically pick where you draft. Lets say I pick the third highest card, would you rather draft 3rd and grab Ray Rice, or draft late to get back to back picks?

What kind of a league are you in? If it is PPR then I'm taking Ray Ray or MJD at #3 and loving it

I'm PPR and already know I'm taking Ray if I get number 3

I have Jamaal Charles and Brandon Jacobs... looking to trade one of them plus Greg Jennings for a better #1 option at RB plus a probably lesser WR... what are some ideas for RBs I should be targeting and which one of my RBs should I be shopping?

Back
Top Bottom