The Official Fantasy Football Thread

Originally Posted by University of Nike

OK bros, I just got offered a blockbuster and need multiple opinions.

League starts 3 WR, 2 RB and one flex. 0.5 point PPR.

I got offered his:
Andre Johnson
A.J. Green
Chris Johnson

For my:
Adrian Peterson
Jabar Gaffney

-My team BEFORE the trade looks like-
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - David Nelson
RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - Steven Jackson
WR/RB - Beanie Wells

BENCH RBs - Reggie Bush, Jackie Battle, Willis McGahee
BENCH WRs - Santana Moss, Jabar Gaffney

-My team AFTER the trade would look like-
WR - Andre Johnson
WR - Greg Jennings
WR - Dez Bryant
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Beanie Wells
WR/RB - A.J. Green / Chris Johnson

Thoughts? I think it's entirely too good to pass up...

What's your record? Take the gamble if you're not doing well.

The other part is you having a 4th WR for no reason.  Well, unless you go depth. 

Another alternative would be to try and flip the left over, be it Beanie Wells, or re-flip CJ so you don't strand one of them on the bench. 

Plus, Dre has a bye still to come in a couple weeks.  Another game you won't have him available for.  He should be good to go after that week, and he and Jennings would be nice, but look again, Dre banged up, Dez all over the place, S-Jax and Wells are always one tweak away, no idea what the hell is goin on with CJ, suddenly you have to worry every single week just about ankle sprains and knee tweaks.  That's a lot of worry.  When they are all 100%, yeah you would crush fools, when are NFL guys 100% in Nov-Dec, comin off a nothing offseason of sitting around waiting for a lockout to end? 
nerd.gif

The other part is you having a 4th WR for no reason.  Well, unless you go depth. 

Another alternative would be to try and flip the left over, be it Beanie Wells, or re-flip CJ so you don't strand one of them on the bench. 

Plus, Dre has a bye still to come in a couple weeks.  Another game you won't have him available for.  He should be good to go after that week, and he and Jennings would be nice, but look again, Dre banged up, Dez all over the place, S-Jax and Wells are always one tweak away, no idea what the hell is goin on with CJ, suddenly you have to worry every single week just about ankle sprains and knee tweaks.  That's a lot of worry.  When they are all 100%, yeah you would crush fools, when are NFL guys 100% in Nov-Dec, comin off a nothing offseason of sitting around waiting for a lockout to end? 
nerd.gif

Dudes in my league are HATERS mad because the I landed Michael Turner for Chris Johnson, Tebow and Santonio Holmes and somebody "protested the trade". @#% does that mean? Trade still says it's going to be processed tomorrow morning at 11 Eastern time.

So what does this mean? Dudes mad my team is 7-1 and I landed Burner? Really? They WISH I was colluding, %#!+!@* lames.
Fantasy football, serious business. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Dudes in my league are HATERS mad because the I landed Michael Turner for Chris Johnson, Tebow and Santonio Holmes and somebody "protested the trade". @#% does that mean? Trade still says it's going to be processed tomorrow morning at 11 Eastern time.

So what does this mean? Dudes mad my team is 7-1 and I landed Burner? Really? They WISH I was colluding, %#!+!@* lames.
Fantasy football, serious business. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Pick one:
Brandon Marshall
Heyward-Bey
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon

Pick one:
Vernon Davis
Heath Miller

Pick one:
Brandon Marshall
Heyward-Bey
Antonio Brown
Pierre Garcon

Pick one:
Vernon Davis
Heath Miller

Originally Posted by frankl1001

I'm 5-3. It's definitely not because of my record.

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif

I figured that the depth factor would play a huge role going into the playoffs - even if Dre is banged up, I would have a quality guy to toss into his spot. That's one of the reasons I like the trade so much - playoff injuries. This way, if I happen to lose somebody, I'm not having to rely on David Nelson, Jabar Gaffney/Santana Moss.

But I DEFINITELY feel you on the RB situation. AP is one of the guys who you can simply plug in and not have to worry about match-ups, weather, any of that crap. You bench him on the bye, and play him literally every week.

Even though it looks nice, and I might end up with WR depth issues, I think I have to decline. Maybe I can just flip Beanie or Reggie for Green and call it a day.

Originally Posted by frankl1001

I'm 5-3. It's definitely not because of my record.

nerd.gif

I figured that the depth factor would play a huge role going into the playoffs - even if Dre is banged up, I would have a quality guy to toss into his spot. That's one of the reasons I like the trade so much - playoff injuries. This way, if I happen to lose somebody, I'm not having to rely on David Nelson, Jabar Gaffney/Santana Moss.

But I DEFINITELY feel you on the RB situation. AP is one of the guys who you can simply plug in and not have to worry about match-ups, weather, any of that crap. You bench him on the bye, and play him literally every week.

Even though it looks nice, and I might end up with WR depth issues, I think I have to decline. Maybe I can just flip Beanie or Reggie for Green and call it a day.

Ok guys so I would appreciate some input. Someone in my league just offered me Chris Johnson for Beanie Wells straight up...

I don't know if I'm thinking too hard or what but Im thinking. Is CJ about to turn it around this season? Or should I just play it safe and keep Beanie? Any help is appreciated

Ok guys so I would appreciate some input. Someone in my league just offered me Chris Johnson for Beanie Wells straight up...

I don't know if I'm thinking too hard or what but Im thinking. Is CJ about to turn it around this season? Or should I just play it safe and keep Beanie? Any help is appreciated

Chester, I wouldn't do it. Ringer already eating off CJ's plate. At this point Beanie>CJ500. I would counter selling high on S-Jax for close to the same price, then just call it a day.

Do not trade AP and then be that guy.

Originally Posted by srvballer

My how the mighty have fallen.....

If that's a keeper league, you should have already done the deal, but if for this year only, I dunno, Wells has a knee issue, CJ is dead and replaced by Shaun Alexander and nobody knows it yet. 

Flip a coin dude, I've given CJ like 8 chances already and he's killing me.  My wife has him on her team, she wants to DROP him outright.  Let that sink in for a bit. 

Originally Posted by srvballer

My how the mighty have fallen.....

If that's a keeper league, you should have already done the deal, but if for this year only, I dunno, Wells has a knee issue, CJ is dead and replaced by Shaun Alexander and nobody knows it yet. 

Flip a coin dude, I've given CJ like 8 chances already and he's killing me.  My wife has him on her team, she wants to DROP him outright.  Let that sink in for a bit. 

It is a keeper league, but it was an auction draft so I'd have to pay the same amount of $ that he paid for him in the draft, which is obviously not worth it.

Beanie is a bit injury prone and has a tougher schedule towards the end of the season buuuutttt.....I mean damn 2.8 yards a carry and 1 TD???
I really was thinking about flipping a coin though
laugh.gif

Yeah, chances are the members of your league can "veto" your trade. If enough people veto, then the trade is reversed at that point. That's the reason for a trade review process. Some leagues only allow the commissioner to veto. Check your league settings. Dudes vetoed my S-Jax for Megatron trade last year. I was SUPER heated.

It wasn't a veto it was a protest. Someone basically wrote the league office (ESPN) to protest because there is no official LM thus making ESPN the LM and they are the only ones that can veto a trade.
Someone literally went out of their way to hate on me.

Should I give Taiwan Jones a start this week at my flex? My other options are Malcom Floyd, Doug Baldwin or Jabar Gaffney. I have McFadden but it's looking like he's going to be out.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Should I give Taiwan Jones a start this week at my flex? My other options are Malcom Floyd, Doug Baldwin or Jabar Gaffney. I have McFadden but it's looking like he's going to be out.

I think Taiwan is worth a stash at this point but nothing more. If you need a flex starter your best bet is with Gaffney, he's going to get his targets. Baldwin and Floyd could be a bit more risky however I'd go floyd before Baldwin.

Oh, you should be straight then. I doubt ESPN will reverse something both sides already agreed on. I wouldn't trip.

And do not start Taiwan Jones. Bush will be the starter this weekend and I'm sure the Raiders will use Taiwan on gadget type plays to take advantage of his speed.
I don't think that warrants a flex play.

Back
Top Bottom