The Official Fantasy Football Thread

I would take Desean Jackson. Having him as a 3rd WR is great. Wayne is good also but I'll go with Jax

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

^ I'd pick Heap up personally. He proved last year that he's still got it and he's Kolb's best option after Fitz. I think he could end up having a great season.

Second this. It seems strange to say Heap is a sleeper, but he is. Kolb is underrated as it stands now anyways, and with the year I believe he'll have, his success will almost certainly benefit Heap.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by Caerus

Kinda 50/50 on that deal...I will say do it tho if your in a standard league.

and go with who?
how are your positions set up? 3 wr's and 1 flex thats wr/te? 

Its QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, TE, D/ST, K

now i'm even more confused guys. which Team looks better:

Team Before: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, Percy, Roddy, Wallace, Finley, Bears D, Crosby
or
Team After: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, DJAx or Wayne, Roddy, Wallace, A.Hernandez, Bears D, Crosby

10 team PPR league.

QBs: Kyle Orton, Matt Cassel
WRs: Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, Jeremy Maclin
RBs: Jamaal Charles and MJD
TE: Finley
W/T: Danny Amendola
W/R/T: Felix Jones
W/R: Ryan Grant
K: Alex Henery
DEF: KC (I play matchups) want SF for vs. CIN but don't wanna waste waiver spot.

BN: Donovan McNabb, Davone Bess, Thomas Jones, Earl Bennett, Jonathan Stewart, Brandon Pettigrew.

I waited until the 10th RD to draft QBs because TDs are only 4 pts and RBs & WRs are 6 + PPR.

I kinda wanna trade for a good QB but I'll wait to see how good the team can be first.

and go with who?

Team Before: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, Percy, Roddy, Wallace, Finley, Bears D, Crosby
or
Team After: Shuab, McCoy, Moreno, DJAx or Wayne, Roddy, Wallace, A.Hernandez, Bears D, Crosby

Just roll with what you got.

I only got Brandon Pettigrew at TE.. Thinking about picking up a back up.. should i pick up aaron hernandez or todd heap?

I'm only in one money league this year so I wanna make it count, I had the 1st pick in a 8-team non ppr league.  QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-FLEX.
I think I had a nice draft but I need to tweak it up.  I was drunk/blazed and I drafted 3 cowboys and 2 many WRs, but all my players are solid
QB-Brees, Stafford
RB-Arian Foster, S.Jackson, Tim Hightower, M. Lynch
WR-Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Percy Harvin, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Santana Moss
TE-Witten
K-Carpenter
D-Bears

Basically, QB-RB1-RB2-WR1-WR2 are set in Brees-Foster-S.Jax-Calvin-Miles.  I've got Hightower in the Flex but need help picking a WR3.  I like Dez the best but I am leery of starting 3 cowboys, so I'm leaning towards Lloyd, but really all those guys are about the same tier. help pls, thanks yall

Originally Posted by lakersclippers

I'm only in one money league this year so I wanna make it count, I had the 1st pick in a 8-team non ppr league.  QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-FLEX.
I think I had a nice draft but I need to tweak it up.  I was drunk/blazed and I drafted 3 cowboys and 2 many WRs, but all my players are solid
QB-Brees, Stafford
RB-Arian Foster, S.Jackson, Tim Hightower, M. Lynch
WR-Calvin Johnson, Miles Austin, Dez Bryant, Percy Harvin, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Santana Moss
TE-Witten
K-Carpenter
D-Bears

Basically, QB-RB1-RB2-WR1-WR2 are set in Brees-Foster-S.Jax-Calvin-Miles.  I've got Hightower in the Flex but need help picking a WR3.  I like Dez the best but I am leery of starting 3 cowboys, so I'm leaning towards Lloyd, but really all those guys are about the same tier. help pls, thanks yall
Mario Manningham = Good WR2, great WR3

Originally Posted by frankl1001

Originally Posted by LBJ23navo

I only got Brandon Pettigrew at TE.. Thinking about picking up a back up.. should i pick up aaron hernandez or todd heap?

heap
Hernandez. Much more upside, Brady loves his TE's, and everything I've heard this offseason is that Hernandez, even though he's a TE is going to be NE's main deep threat this season. Plus you'll get 8-10 games out of Heap, he's never healthy.

and go with who?

or
I think Hernandez will be pretty productive this year, but still not better then finley.
And Harvin will be good, but not better then Jackson and Wayne...so I would go with second squad.

should i go ahead and make the witten and felix jones for jones drew trade? this is my team right now.

2usditt.png

i walked into the draft trying to have a RBBC... little did i know i sacrificed everything else. can someone recommend me a good player i can use as trade bait for a decent qb.

Originally Posted by WErunSF

2usditt.png

i walked into the draft trying to have a RBBC... little did i know i sacrificed everything else. can someone recommend me a good player i can use as trade bait for a decent qb.
I actually think you'll be alright with Bradford and Kolb. Sam is going to step up into the top 10 this year with McDaniels as his OC. I mean look at what he did with Orton last year.

or
It all depends on how much faith you have in Finley. If you think he'll have an Antonio Gates/Dallas Clark kind of year, I'd say keep him, because 1 of those 4 WR's you'll end up with will have to sit on the bench anyways.

On the other hand, Winslow and Hernandez are definitely servicable TE's (although I'd rather have Gronkowski because of the TD factor) and your team will obviously gain depth if you take the trade, so it comes back down to how much you like Finley.

I personally tend to stay away from the high-level TE's becase of the risk/reward factor. You're putting all your eggs in one basket instead of spreading the risk out more evenly amongst your team. For example, when Clark and Gates got injured last year, both of those teams were screwed in my league.

I got a 14 team auction league coming up. I don't play many auction leagues, but this year, our money league is trying something new. Tips or strategies?
PPR btw

anybody want to join a league on yahoo, draft is tomorrow night at 8 Pacific time. 14 team max and I've got like 4-6 so far. league ID is 596836 and PW is tcap

so for the person above who said he heard hernandez is going to be a big part of the team would you drop olson for him?

12th pick in 12 team league. Thoughts?
QBs: Tom Brady, Josh Freeman

WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Lee Evans, Santana Moss

RB: Felix Jones, LeGarette Blount, Cedric Benson, Willis McGahee, Jason Snelling 

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brent Celek

DEF: Dallas

K: Dan Carpenter

Was thinking about trading Freeman for Stevie Johnson and picking up Colt McCoy off the waiver wire. Should I do it?

Originally Posted by illmatic34

12th pick in 12 team league. Thoughts?
QBs: Tom Brady, Josh Freeman

WR: Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Lee Evans, Santana Moss

RB: Felix Jones, LeGarette Blount, Cedric Benson, Willis McGahee, Jason Snelling 

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Brent Celek

DEF: Dallas

K: Dan Carpenter

Was thinking about trading Freeman for Stevie Johnson and picking up Colt McCoy off the waiver wire. Should I do it?

i would for sure do it.....you are going to be rolling with brady every week until his bye week anyway

so for the person above who said he heard hernandez is going to be a big part of the team would you drop olson for him?

I think he's a beast, but Hernandez will still be splitting targets with Gronkowski, who is 5 inches taller and gets the vast majority of the red-zone targets.

Hernandez: REC- 45  YDS- 563  TD- 6
Gronkowski- REC- 42  YDS- 546  TD- 10

I'd expect more of the same this year. Brady is gonna spread it around A LOT. It'll be a crap-shoot trying to guess which one of them will get the targets on any given day.

12 team league, 2nd pick

McNair's Shotgun Offense

QB-Micheal Vick
WR- Reggie Wayne
WR- Percy Harvin
WR- Braylon Edwards
RB- Ray Rice
RB- LeGarrette Blount
TE- Jimmy Graham
W/R-Steven Jackson

K- Nate Kaeding
DEF-Arizona (going to rotate def based on matchups

BN-Jahvid Best
BN-Darren Sproles
BN- LaDanian Tomlinson
BN- Nate Burleson
BN- Andre Roberts
BN- Colt McCoy

So Tony Moeaki is out for the season (My starting TE is Brandon Prettigrew), for who I should drop him? I'm in a 16 team league and pretty good drafters so it's pretty deep...

TE Ed Dickson (Bal)
WR Bernard Berrian
RB Anthony Dixon (Have Frank Gore and handcuffed him with Kendall Hunter could secure him more xD)
or sugest my a really deep player :/

Back
Top Bottom