The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Just agree to disagree. People so thirsty for a wanna b that they accept whatever drops. You can't change their perspective.

The changes aren't minor at all. They are significant.

sigh.... must you go there?

also, you do know that nike can and has made retro's look spot on or with differences that aren't easy to see compared to their OG counterparts, correct? this also includes the Flightposite I line.

View media item 760719
View media item 760720

Last edited:
@RichPorterJr yes sir. They have certainly shown they can and the last retro was only 6 years ago.
Look up the VIP and the Jason Kidd flightposite I retros. They were hoh limited when there was only 1 or so.

A lot of us are upset because we feel like made us wait all of these years to give us the same colors you want but they gave it to us just to boost the floundering no zip sales.

I can't blame you for ignoring the differences and buying. That's your money.

Some may argue with you because they know nike is capable of doing it right.

http://sneakernews.com/2008/08/19/nike-flightposite-one-black-varsity-purple-house-of-hoops/

http://www.kixandthecity.com/nike-flightposite-one-retro-jason-kidd-mavericks-detailed-shots/

Last edited:
I would never pay $2,000 for any shoe. The most I have ever paid for a sneaker is $237.

How in the hell could I mistake a retro and OG? :stoneface:

of course you cant mistake a retro for an OG

because they have minor differences that are made to separate them 

NOT SURE IF NO ONE REALIZED WHAT HE DID OR IF I REALIZED SOMETHING THAT WASNT THERE BUT THIS WAS HILARIOUS!!! LMAOOO

Just agree to disagree. People so thirsty for a wanna b that they accept whatever drops. You can't change their perspective.

also, you do know that nike can and has made retro's look spot on or with differences that aren't easy to see compared to their OG counterparts, correct? this also includes the Flightposite I line.

Those are both pictures of OG's. The retro had the velcro tab at the top of the shroud. I'd argue that nike can't do anything right.

Last edited:

if yall say so lol. im copping. **** aint even that deep slime 

lol @ changing the character tho. but hey....who am i to question ya passion 

im copping 

It's not about "passion", it's about not coppin BS.

Do you though, brotha.
tell me the BS part. please break it down for me

im not being facetious or anything 

i seriously want to know what the gripe is about. 

i hear comments liek "they don't care about the "sneakerheads" they just want that bread and most copping now" all the time

let me know what the problem with this release is

The big problem is the outsole is nothing close to the original mold.

Original
View media item 692891Retro
View media item 692892

Instead of using or re-creating the original outsole Nike decided to cut corners and use the same modified outsole featured on the "No-Zips".

This bothers me because it not only doe it look terrible, but removing the overlaping medial pivot point will greatly reduce the longevity of the shoe. That portion of Flightposite 1s always wore out the fastest and without the extra protection of the rubber extending up the sides the functionality of the shoe is completely compromised.

Its a shame that Nike is hiking up the prices on these and deciding to cut corners by re-using the same Posite shell and outsole from the crappy "No-Zips".

The number one reason they change their products is because using different(lesser quality) materials and pre-existing molds is more profitable. This strategy works for the seller thanks to uninformed buyers who dont care to educate themselves on what they are paying for.

I remember when JB started pushing that "we made minor changes to the sneaker, so that it is different from the OG" BS.

If JB/Nike do not care about us "sneakerheads" why would they care about making the retro look different than the OG?

Hmm maybe because it gives them an excuse to use cheaper materials/slightly different color and release an inferior shoe, just to later on release the same shoe done the right way.

Nike knows they can get away with this because "people copping now, either weren't collecting back then, weren't alive, or don't care." :smh:
and in the same breath i can hear you complaining if you went to purchase some OGs for like 2 racks only to find out that they are the retros 

I would never pay $2,000 for any shoe. The most I have ever paid for a sneaker is $237.

How in the hell could I mistake a retro and OG? :stoneface:
of course you cant mistake a retro for an OG

because they have minor differences that are made to separate them 

Thats exactly why shoes have individual sku codes and production dates on the tag.

Nike shouldn't have to differentiate their products from the original beyond the tags. Anyone buying something should be informed about the product their buying and how to identify different variations of the product. This holds twice as true for items sold on the secondary market.

Its like when you buy a classic car..... you dont just take the seller at their word and believe what they're selling is a Chevelle SS just because it looks like one and they said so. Its up to you as the buyer to be informed, look at the VIN numbers and option codes on the build sheet to ensure what they are paying for is the real deal and not just a clone. If you're uninformed and don't know what to look for you could end up overpaying for a lookalike Malibu with some SS badges and it would be entirely your fault.

Last edited:
^ Thank you

Was going to bring up the point about the sku code, production date, and the box being different from the OG.

Dude really thinks Nike is making "minor" changes so people won't confuse the original and the retro :lol: :smh:

Last edited:

Those are both pictures of OG's. The retro had the velcro tab at the top of the shroud. I'd argue that nike can't do anything right.

They aren't both pics of the ogs. Both the og and retro had a Velcro tab at the top of the shroud.

I think I made a mistake of using a sample pics tho because that one definitely doesn't have the tab which is incorrect no matter which year they dropped.

Last edited:

They aren't both pics of the ogs. Both the og and retro had a Velcro tab at the top of the shroud.

I think I made a mistake of using a sample pics tho because that one definitely doesn't have the tab which is incorrect no matter which year they dropped.

I hate to nitpick on small technical things, but I'm almost 100% positive those are pics of OG retail pairs. The OG eggplants were the only original FP1 release to not have a velcro tab at the top.

@RichPorterJr yes sir. They have certainly shown they can and the last retro was only 6 years ago.
Look up the VIP and the Jason Kidd flightposite I retros. They were hoh limited when there was only 1 or so.

A lot of us are upset because we feel like made us wait all of these years to give us the same colors you want but they gave it to us just to boost the floundering no zip sales.

I can't blame you for ignoring the differences and buying. That's your money.

Some may argue with you because they know nike is capable of doing it right.

http://sneakernews.com/2008/08/19/nike-flightposite-one-black-varsity-purple-house-of-hoops/

http://www.kixandthecity.com/nike-flightposite-one-retro-jason-kidd-mavericks-detailed-shots/
still need those VIPs, was able to get the mavs ds for only 500 last year :smokin

so in retrospect i was right? interesting 

naw you were still wrong. i just chose the wrong color to make an example of. the OG eggplants were limited and dude said they were the only 1s of the bunch that had this omission.
here is a better example. the og golds:

View media item 766622
View media item 766623
blacks:
View media item 766641
View media item 766642

Last edited:
I hate to nitpick on small technical things, but I'm almost 100% positive those are pics of OG retail pairs. The OG eggplants were the only original FP1 release to not have a velcro tab at the top.

ill take your word for it but for sanity's sake please explain to dude that the 08 retros were pretty much on point with the 99 OGs.

From Weibo Shineyan via HKK Ricky.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
thanks Sinner Sinner - the comparison pictures definitely put some things into perspective. id be more likely, so so torn, to get these than the h20 joints that are coming out. that medial side tho.... :x

the biggest foamhead in china dudes have mad collection of every nike foam that got released from original release until now. comparison is quite nice and on point very detail, major different (aside from carbon print) is the one near front toe medial side part of it

the biggest foamhead in china dudes have mad collection of every nike foam that got released from original release until now. comparison is quite nice and on point very detail, major different (aside from carbon print) is the one near front toe medial side part of it

and the rear medial "teeth" are missing too.

thanks @SinnerP - the comparison pictures definitely put some things into perspective. id be more likely, so so torn, to get these than the h20 joints that are coming out. that medial side tho....
sick.gif
For me, these comparison pics reaffirm my decision that I won't be getting these.  Of course, the outsole... but the carbon-weave... that carbon-weave. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom