The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

Ah, ok. I dont have a FB and Im def not making one just to complain about some shoes
laugh.gif

I guess you need a FB to even see the comments ?
Haha I definitely didn't make one just to complain.  Barely use mine as it is.  But after reading from this post what they said about the shoes, it slightly bothered me.  Here's what I wrote if you're interested (I'm the only one that wrote in so far):

"The shoe itself is retro perfection, remaining faithful to the original design with its black carbon fiber-printed foam upper, tonal zip-up shroud inlaid over the laces, and a smokey grey outsole."

100 percent agree. Other than the different carbon fiber pattern, trimmed outsole in the medial side of the shoe and the glossy finish, these are faithful to the original design.

Oh wait...

I'm honestly shocked by that outsole change. If they didn't do the 2007 retro I could maybe see it, like one of those classic "we lost the mold" stories, but since it was done properly so recently, this is a slap in the face to anyone who is a fan of this model.

Good looks Nike feet and SinnerP for the pics.

Seems like Nike just can't seem to get the details right on the Flightposites.  The attempt at the retro H20s is missing the blue panel on the heel.

they probably will be sold out with the quickness. the average consumer don't care about the changes.
Pretty Much. The Average Consumer doesn't care about the Changes, because they don't remember the Originals.

You Can't Miss What You've Never Had. They don't know any better. 
mean.gif

thanks for the comparison pics.

the materials look so cheap.
but the colors look good

As critical as I am about this model, I know I'm going to end up purchasing the "carbon flightposites" and the "H20 flightposites."

I want to own a pair of flightposites, but at this point I don't want to pay the prices that sellers are asking for on ebay for DS originals and retros.  I'm not interested in buying used either.

While these aren't ideally true to original, I will settle for what Nike is about to put out.  It's a better option that the flightposite exposed, which is basically a posite-shelled Air Solo Flight.

Does it mean I don't know any better?  Does it mean I don't care about the changes?  Not at all.  I hate the changes that they made.  I wish that they were true to the originals (and even the previous retro versions).  While I know Nike is capable of making true-to-original versions of these, I'm not about to boycott and/or wait for it to happen.  Even though they can, that doesn't mean that they actually will.  And I'm not about to completely boycott these shoes either, because if these don't sell, Nike's going to be less inclined to re-release them in the future (true-to-originals or not).

At this point, with the options I have in owning these shoes, I'm just choosing the lesser of two evils.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular.  This is a polarizing sneaker release, and this is just how I feel about it.

I just went ahead an got another clean pair of originals, since Nike didnt want my money... :smh:

This is why I've lost so much interest in Nike as of late. Would much rather spend money on New Balance, Asics, and Adidas.

I can live with either the price hike, the cheap carbon print, and maaaaaybe even the medial sole change but not 2 or more out of the 3. I'm not mad about it, I just think of it as Nike still hasn't retroed the carbon FP1s. They retroed some carbon-esque Flightposite-ish things that I'm not interested in.

This just convinced me to pass on one of my favorite pairs of sneakers.

"They retroed some carbon-esque Flightposite-ish things that I'm not interested in." accurate.

The details and quality is what justified the price on the OG and made them special.

I'm good on these.

Wonder if all the retro FP1 with quality issues in mind will last as long as the OG....

I still ball in some of my original pairs...That's quality when quality meant something to Nike...

Got my very first pair of FP1's back in 2000. Went to NTLA and got the White/Navy joints. Still got em and I love em. Was bothered by the dumb changes but I'm gonna keep it real now and say I'm still gonna cop. Always loved the carbon's and the allen houston pe's.

You'll see how many people are frontin in here saying they wont cop/they are horrible/trash etc and then will come in here in a few weeks talking about they changed their mind :rolleyes
Happens everytime.

Last edited:
Got my very first pair of FP1's back in 2000. Went to NTLA and got the White/Navy joints. Still got em and I love em. Was bothered by the dumb changes but I'm gonna keep it real now and say I'm still gonna cop. Always loved the carbon's and the allen houston pe's.

You'll see how many people are frontin in here saying they wont cop/they are horrible/trash etc and then will come in here in a few weeks talking about they changed their mind :rolleyes
Happens everytime.

If you don't like the changes why still cop? No self control? I mean really, does Nike have you guys under a spell. They really can't change much more, so in other words whatever they slap FP1 retro on you'll buy lol. The shoes are garbage now and literally look like knockoffs of the OG.

If you don't like the changes why still cop? No self control? I mean really, does Nike have you guys under a spell. They really can't change much more, so in other words whatever they slap FP1 retro on you'll buy lol. The shoes are garbage now and literally look like knockoffs of the OG.
I have to admit, they do look real cheap.. FP1's are easily one of my favorite shoes ever.. Soo comfortable and much more comfortable then the Foamposites.. I'm a sucker for Black kicks, but man, these do look cheap! $210 is so overpriced.. I got the Gold, charcoal, and eggplant pair for $180 back in 08.. WHich was a $20 price hike from the OG pair of 1999, but that was understandable, but $210, no reason for it, NONE!

Because the change is very minor.From the lateral view you cant even see it. Its only on the medial. And they are both dope colorways. if they didnt change the sole I feel like everyone would be all over em... Dont get it twisted, i aint buying anything they put out. Those Zebra joints from a few months back with no zipper were horrible. Everyone is always an expert when it comes to pictures saying they look like knockoffs etc... wait till you have it in hand and can feel the foam and compare it to the Og's or at least the previous retros. Gotta try them on as well to see if they have that bounce or feel like Zoom Rookies. Once we know that we can judge em.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom