The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

WHAT THE HELL NIKE?!? This is the material that is supposed to be used with this shoe!!!
Ya'll just like pissin people off...
nike-lebron-11-miami-nights-beauty-shots-9.jpg

Seriously , all that nitpicking about the  fake carbon fiber finish  needs to end  .

If you look into carbon fiber automotive parts   like Air box  for example    they have different  color ,finish , texture   , some are more glossy   etc ...

it doesn't made them fake .  At the end of the day  OG  or retro are not made  with real carbon fiber  so what 's the point  .

I'm more concerned about the midsole change  , as i like the  extra protection of the original design .

Just hope these are comfortable  like the previous retro and move on .

I'll stick with the Lebron XI carbon fiber instead. Hated the hot spot of the toe box where the neoprene and posite meets which is why I passed on them back in the day. The cf shell looks like a golf ball painted black :x

Last edited:
Sinner Sinner - I only see him post on the teamposite facebook group he started. mayhemgatz screen name was banned for some reason.

Sinner Sinner - I only see him post on the teamposite facebook group he started. mayhemgatz screen name was banned for some reason.

Justin got banned? lolol. im gonna holler @ him about that.

its sad when you compare those lebron 11s and these fp retros.

Ive never owned the ogs but u can actually feel the grooves in the cf right??

The retros just look like a print. Like on foams.

Justin got banned? lolol. im gonna holler @ him about that.

its sad when you compare those lebron 11s and these fp retros.

his account has been toast for a long time now. he used an alternate account for a while. I guess he just said forget it.

I aint been cool with him since he one upped me and get the carbon flightposites years ago. this was when I was super big into foam shoes :lol:

these look terrible with that fake @ss CF. then u factor in that the price will most likely be $250+ :x :smh:

Last edited:
Sup OG's 
nthat.gif

Pat, I hear what you're saying about the solo's....it could've been worse, they could've slapped a proper CF print w/texture on a useless shoe like the skyposite!

fyi....I was told that these will be $210 retail. Who knows if that won't change with hype.

They're definitely lacking from the OG because the texture is what really set them off. No pictures can do them justice, you just have to hold them in your hands to really understand the complaints about the print on these retros. Especially knowing that they could do a proper print at this very moment (see: Lebron XI).

The modified sole is definitely more annoying to me than the lack of texture, the medial side of this shoe was perfect and really didn't need to be changed or "upgraded" and to know that this is only happening because Nike is too lazy/cheap to switch from the "Flightposite Exposed" mold that's ready to go is aggravating to say the least.

However, i'm still going to add a pair to the stash cause it's still one of my all time favorites regardless of the butchering....I'm just glad to see the shroud back because that exposed $#!t was a slap in the face because i've been patiently waiting for this shoe to retro again. Besides the HOH's, they really dropped the ball on releasing some dope new cw's during the last retro run. There's tons of samples from back in the day that could be released and do very well right now IMO

I really hope that they stay clear of colorways that's already been done on the Foamposite. It was enough that the foams exploded off an og FP1 cw but now they really should cease and desist with recycling colorways across shoes.

annnnnd there's going to be at least one more great cw coming down the pipeline, but we want more!

where's JM?? 
nerd.gif

and a pic of my current CF set to try and make up for that novel ^^
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Jed, u ever going to let it go? 
laugh.gif

I'm cool on these. I don't like the "carbon fiber" print. That's a damn disgrace. I'll stay with my charcoals tyvm.

Last edited:
Seriously , all that nitpicking about the  fake carbon fiber finish  needs to end  .

If you look into carbon fiber automotive parts   like Air box  for example    they have different  color ,finish , texture   , some are more glossy   etc ...

it doesn't made them fake .  At the end of the day  OG  or retro are not made  with real carbon fiber  so what 's the point  .

I'm more concerned about the midsole change  , as i like the  extra protection of the original design .

Because when you change the shoe it's not the same shoe. Simple as that.

Flightposites have always been my favorite of all of the posite shoes, but these are pretty bad. I think Nike usually does a pretty good job on most retros, keeping true to the original models except for these. I never got a pair of the originals, but will pass on these. The carbon fiber print is what makes these flightposites one of the best posites and Nike did not do it justice at all. I simply cannot justify paying 200+ for shoes that look like variants/replicas.

yeah, these are pretty bad, you can see it's print from the pics and not texture. CF aren't even my favorite FP1 but I appreciated the texture more over the years. We should know by now to not expect that type of care in a retro. How much will it take for us to say no more and stop buying and literally force them to do better? The more I think about it, the crazier it seems. They need to get outta here with that price increase, disrespecting that shoe like that 
mean.gif
 . You can't even call it carbon fiber, call it carbon fiber print, that's more accurate.

Last edited:
THIS IS IN THE TOP 3 SHOES THAT I HAVE WAITED THE LONGEST TO RERELEASE…WITH THAT BEING SAID I ALMOST WANTED 2 PAIRS. THE CARBON FIBER IS JUST DOWN RIGHT UNACCEPTABLE-NOT BECAUSE WE ARE PICKY BUT BECAUSE THEY SEEM TO BE ABLE TO GET IT RIGHT WITH THE LEBRON XI'S BUT CANT GET IT RIGHT ON THE FIRST SHOE THAT USED IT? HOW DOES THAT MAKE F'ING SENSE.. SMH

PERHAPS THE MOST DISHEARTENING THING IS THAT STUPID MIDSOLE….LIKE WHY WHY WHYYYYYYY DID THEY CHANGE THAT….ITS NOT EVEN A NECESSARY CHANGE..IT MAKES THE INSIDE OF THE SHOE LOOK SO ******ED. IN FACT, ITS ONE OF THE MINI DETAILS THAT I THOUGHT WAS DOPE BACK WHEN THEY FIRST DROPPED… I DROPPED ALL KINDS OF F BOMBS WHEN I SAW THAT ANNOYING CRAP.

I NEED THAT CHANGED..I CAN DEAL WITH THE CARBON FIBER BUT THAT MIDSOLE TREATMENT IS BEYOND PETTY… IF IT'S NOT CHANGED I MIGHT STILL HAVE TO COP :smh: BUT THATS BECAUSE I HAVE LITERALLY SPENT OVER 10 YEARS WAITING… NIKE PLEASE CHANGE THAT STUPID MIDSOLE

Because when you change the shoe it's not the same shoe. Simple as that.
The thing is, Nike's used this "good" (sure, it's subjective, but I think most of us agree the OG-pattern-finish is nicer) carbon many times before... I'm just struggling to understand why they would change it up this time around...

Skyposites for Justin...

Nike-Zoom-Skyposite-Black-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

nike-air-wildwood-gs-carbon-fiber-1.jpg

Jordan-CMFT-11-SC-Carbon-Fiber-01.jpeg

Nike-Lebron-11-Carbon-Fiber.jpg

Jordan-6-Rings-Carbon-Fiber-1.jpeg

Looks like they opted for the pattern used on these Melos a couple years ago...

Nike%20Jordan%20Melo%20M7%20Advance%20Black%20Metallic%20Silver%20472345003_02.jpg

%24_57.JPG

Back
Top Bottom