The Official Iceberg/ Iceberg History Thread

4FCA077E-3862-4E58-B89D-A3D63EC730CA.jpeg

Steal I caught on Mercari Japan seen the Crewneck version of this sell for $300 recently on IG.

Yessss. I was hoping this wasn't about glaciers.

Loved this brand back in the day.

Word to iceberg shawty. (Lil Wayne)

Last edited:
^ That's a dope find.
Pluto...Gotta appreciate the way the colors contrast.
Yeah definitely some nice details on it. In
my opinion this era of Iceberg is the best stuff with the grey/black tag, I like how it’s a bit more understated with more neutral colors. The early orange tag era stuff was dope like the Bug Bunny, Joe Cool peanuts, & Tom & Jerry. Around 02 I feel like the brand fell off to many loud colors and the designs started to look to tacky and less like art.

Yeah definitely some nice details on it. In
my opinion this era of Iceberg is the best stuff with the grey/black tag, I like how it’s a bit more understated with more neutral colors. The early orange tag era stuff was dope like the Bug Bunny, Joe Cool peanuts, & Tom & Jerry. Around 02 I feel like the brand fell off to many loud colors and the designs started to look to tacky and less like art.
The brand was trash by then for sure and the seems like the attention to detail greatly started to suffer as well.

02-03 there were multiple brands that were attempting to veer into Iceberg's lane: Platinum Fubu - Fat Albert, Lot29 - Looney Toons, Marc Ecko - Marvel Comics, etc.
All brands that could never hold a candle to the Gilmar fashion house.
It's true, the creativity did started to suffer within the designs of the IB "History" line...Various pieces even started showing up on the SALE rack.
Urban wear was also beginning to take a different direction. The focus was more so on celebrity-owned brands such as Sean John, Rocawear, & Baby Phat to name a few.

02-03 there were multiple brands that were attempting to veer into Iceberg's lane: Platinum Fubu - Fat Albert, Lot29 - Looney Toons, Marc Ecko - Marvel Comics, etc.
All brands that could never hold a candle to the Gilmar fashion house.
It's true, the creativity did started to suffer within the designs of the IB "History" line...Various pieces even started showing up on the SALE rack.
Urban wear was also beginning to take a different direction. The focus was more so on celebrity-owned brands such as Sean John, Rocawear, & Baby Phat to name a few.
Yeah I’m from the tail end of that era I was in middle school at the time I remember all the Iceberg just sat on racks for dirt cheap. Everyone was onto throwbacks & the brands you mentioned by that point.

IMG_20230723_154247460_HDR.jpg

Found this digging through some old items at my aunt's house... I had more iceberg but I bleached a few shirts like a dumbass .. lol ... I've got a tom and Jerry button down somewhere and I seen the bart Simpson beanie floating around somewhere in my mom's place years ago...

I had these pepe lepew jeans back in 2004... It had some dope details on it ..

I've got a picture of me with this one tasmanian devil button down ... Gonna go through IG later and find it..

IMG_20230723_154247460_HDR.jpg

Found this digging through some old items at my aunt's house... I had more iceberg but I bleached a few shirts like a dumbass .. lol ... I've got a tom and Jerry button down somewhere and I seen the bart Simpson beanie floating around somewhere in my mom's place years ago...
Bring that Bart beanie back out.

I liked it in HS but couldn't afford it. It was a spot in the mall called Nouveau that sold it. I used to go in there and quietly admire the joints hanging behind the counter. Like 500 for a sweater.

You rarely see any surviving “Jungle Book” pieces like the one shown in the pic above. Few years back, came across a “Bare Necessities” knit but it was the size of a tent.

I liked it in HS but couldn't afford it. It was a spot in the mall called Nouveau that sold it. I used to go in there and quietly admire the joints hanging behind the counter. Like 500 for a sweater.
What city you from.... That boutique name sounds familiar to my childhood also.

I knew that name sounded familiar... I'm from the Gulf Coast (Mississippi) and my wife's from Mobile. Growing up Bel Aire Mall is where we did a lot of our shopping at... That was the dope boy store...the down south price tags was crazy.

Back
Top Bottom