The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

just got a 30 GB vid and not sure how to convert my files, i've found a few progs. but haven't been able to get my movies on to it, any suggestions?

recently i failed to eject my ipod properly and now all my songs(videos work fine) have like the wrong album art except for a few. Any suggestions to as what i should do???
thanks

Better do it right next time. Keep ejecting it the wrong way and its only a matter of time before you get the unhappy face.

Here is a tip in terms of maximizing battery life for iPods.

The lithium batteries usually have a life of around 600 charge cycles. So don't connect your iPod to your computer unless you have to. Its like a cell phone battery, its best to charge it when in the red instead of when its halfway down.

Just a tip.

Oh, and Mac users? How are you getting DVD's onto your iPod? I have Handbrake but its giving me mad trouble.

My-T.

How much is a replacement battery? Or for that matter is there a better battery on the market?

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

There sites that will replace your battery, or they could send the piece to you and have you open it.
If you get the warranty with Apple they replace your battery for free but if its out of warranty you're better off buying a new one.

My-T.

My wife and I both have brand new 30 gb ipod videos..will we be able to use both ipods off of one computer? her brother told us that we would only be able to use 1 ipod..not sure if he just messing with us or if it's true..this is our first ipod..so we're pretty clueless to all of this..any help would be apprecitated.. thanks

Yo MyT, I've read on websites and on the ilounge forums that it is better to keep your ipod charged as much as possible because Lithium Ion batteries perform better when they are always charged. This is becuase Li-ion batteries don't have "memory" and that they tend to lose their max charge if they are fully discharged more and more.

Have any insight on this on whether it's true or bs?
http://ipodnanos.freepay.com/?r=22149712

Can someone please help?
Is there any software that exports my music from my ipod to computer.? All the original music is on my brothers computer and I have none of it. Only whats on my ipod.

thanks in advance

Well sir. I work @ Apple. The Mac Genius told me about the battery life. So you be the judge.

My-T.

Quote:
Well sir. I work @ Apple. The Mac Genius told me about the battery life. So you be the judge.

Concerning maximizing battery life, the opposite is actually true. Even though the iPod has a life of around 600 charge cycles, it's a little confusing, since people don't really understand what exactly a "charge cycle" is. Straight from Apple's website concerning batteries:

A charge cycle means using all of the batterys power, but that doesnt necessarily mean a single charge. For instance, you could listen to your iPod for a few hours one day, using half its power, and then recharge it fully. If you did the same thing the next day, it would count as one charge cycle, not two, so you may take several days to complete a cycle. Each time you complete a charge cycle, it diminishes battery capacity slightly, but you can put both notebook and iPod batteries through many charge cycles before they will only hold 80% of original battery capacity. As with other rechargeable batteries, you may eventually need to replace your battery

So you don't have to run the iPod battery down to the "red" and then recharge to minimize the number of charge cycles you go through. A full charge cycle is when you exhaust all the battery's power, not how many times you recharge to full capacity. So with the iPod battery, it'll power for 20hrs. You can use the battery every two hours, recharge to full, and repeat 10 times (i.e. 20hrs of batter use), and it'd still only be one charge cycle. So even though you recharged 10 times, you don't actually use more than one charge cycle.

In fact, running your battery to completely empty and then doing a full recharge puts more stress on a battery then partial recharges. That's pretty common knowledge with lithium based batteries, and the iPod battery is no different.

There are more important factors in maximizing the life of your battery than constant recharging.

Maybe i should read thru the entire thread, but here is my scenario...

I have a fairly new Ipod Mini (bought this fall right before Nanos hit) and my battery is completely shot. I have a 20 hr. battery (which worked fine from the start) yet one day it crapped out (I've always charged them correctly too) and now a full charge gets me about 1 hour of playback. Its been a couple weeks now and it still does this. I see on the Apple site you get a 1 year warranty. But Here is my problem...i have no idea where the receipt is from the Apple Store.

Am i screwed because of this? And how can i fix this battery problem the cheapest way possible? Thanks for any help and ill go thru this thread too I guess.
s[/b]​

One of the best things I've done with my iPod is to wire it directly into my car stereo system instead of using a FM transmitter. It was insanely easy on my 2001 honda civic, since the factory deck has a AUX input for use with a CD changer, which I don't have or want. So instead, I hooked up my iPod to the AUX in. The ability to carry my entire music catalog into my car is just amazing, and it's so much better to have the sound coming through directly instead of over crappy FM signals.

I found this website that ran through the details for a Honda civic:

Honda Civic iPod Instructions

I'll take pics of my installation later to show how I set everything up.

Just make sure you have a line-in on your stereo deck. The hardest part is to get acces to the back of your stereo. With Civic's, it's easy. You can just pull out the bottom panel and wiggle the cable in there. Other cars might be more difficult, but I think it's worth it.

:lol:
laugh.gif

I got owned

My-T.

Quote:
Better do it right next time. Keep ejecting it the wrong way and its only a matter of time before you get the unhappy face.
thanks for the advice MyT, i will make sure to properly eject it.
however, any suggestions as to how i should fix my problem of the displaying of the wrong album art....???
thanks

edit..um i think i found the solution. Im going to disable the album art and then re-enable it.

If you delete a video off of ur itunes, will it erase from ur ipod the next time u try to upload another video? Is there a way to manually upload a video?

Is there any other programs that let me download music from my Ipod to my pc, besides Ipod Agent, my trial expired and I need to do it again......
[/center]

Is there anyplace to buy the agent 18 case online? I only see the 30gb video case on Ebay, and the going rate is like $35 + shipping. That's pretty damn ridiculous for a piece of plastic. If not any websites, where can I purchase one in NYC?

THanks

Mike

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

impalaballa187,
Try agent18.com, and use this code "nextjump05". You can save 20%. Cheapest price for shipping is $5.95, though.

edit: nevermind I fixed it..
I never keep my enemies close cause I got a perfect view of em in my scope,that's close enough...

Back
Top Bottom