The Official iPod Post - *Please read the first post.*

FOR ANYONE with an iSkin eVo3 for your video ipod. Can you explain to me how to take off this clip?? It's so annoying and the FAQ on the website didnt exactly help me. Thanks in advance
"My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline."

-M.J.

Quote:
FOR ANYONE with an iSkin eVo3 for your video ipod. Can you explain to me how to take off this clip?? It's so annoying and the FAQ on the website didnt exactly help me. Thanks in advance

First off, remove your ipod from the evo3 case. If you turn the belt clip to the right, you will see a lever to unlock/lock the clip. Hope this helps.
k00b45.jpg

k00ba9.jpg

For the record, I really like my EVO3 Iskin for my 30GB Video.

It's exactly what I want, since it doesn't make my iPod too bulky. It provides just enough protection.

Quote:
Is there anyway to take the songs off your ipod and put them onto your computer?

If you have a PC, it really easy.......(I think this is how to do it)

Go to your IPOD, on top of the menu bar of your window, there should be a "Tools" section (Next to "Help"). Go to that an then click on "Folder Options". Under there, you should see various tabs like "General", "View", "File Type", etc. Go to "View"................under there, there should be various items to click on. Click on the one that says "Show hidden files and folders".

After that in your Ipod harddrive, you should see a translucent folder and that is where all your music is at on your IPOD. The only downside to this is that some (if not all) of your file names will be cut off from a certain length. So you have to go back and rename them....but when you view your music in Itunes, all the names should be as you had them.............

Hope this helps.........
E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
AIM: Fongstizzle

Member Since January 26, 2003

Does anyone know how tor return an ipod to apple for a warranty repair? I have the extended 2 yr warranty and need to send my ipod to them because the battery life sucks something terrible. I called the phone number and the guy gave me a web address that doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Some random question I guess I can help on....(Not sure if I am totally correct)

Quote:
1. I got a new laptop for Christmas, How do i send all of my songs on my PC iTunes to my Laptop iTunes? I have over 3,000 songs and i dont want to have to add each song again.

Just shove all your music onto the hardrive (go to "My Computer" and your Ipod should be there after you hook it up) of the Ipod and transfer them over to you laptop. Then just make a music folder (section) in your laptop ans stick it there. Then just update the laptop Itunes with your new library of music.

Quote:
2. I got my iPod at BestBuy last year and I have a 3 year warranty, will they let me return it for store credit if theres nothing wrong with it

I really doubt it. I think you can only return stuff if it hasen't been open. But, (I did this with my laptop) if you have 3 things wrong with the Ipod under the 3 year warrenty, Best Buy must consider that Ipod non-reparable and give you store credit to buy a new one.

Quote:
when u play back videos from ipod video to a tv is it distorted
I am pretty sure (or at least its no where near DVD quality). But I guess it depends on what your playing. DVDs rips will probably look the best, but any other downloded videos from the internet will probably come out distorted......

Quote:
I have a question about itunes. I put my mp3 files that were on my computer to itunes, if I delete all the mp3 files from my computer will I still be able to have the songs on my itunes?

No you will not be able to play them. You have to have the MP3 files in order to play anything on Itunes. Just cause you see music on Itunes doesn't mean that your actual MP3 is on your Itunes. It's more of a view/playing program........if you were to trade some music with someone, you have to go to the source which is in your MP3 files.

Quote:
For the record, I really like my EVO3 Iskin for my 30GB Video.

I bought an Evo skin for my 4th gen Ipod and I thought it was great too. Then I recently took it off and there was still scratches on the MFer and a large dent on the back! I swear, no matter what, that Ipods going to get damaged.

I also have the 30gb video. I like the evo3, but it collects a lot of dust. I switched to agent18...
k02bur.jpg

Is the one-year warranty automatically activated when i register my ipod on my computer? because i didn't see a waranty application in the box.

Quote:
a dvd is not the same as a video

Doesn't matter. If it can play dvd's that are in the exact same format as a video why wouldn't you want to put it on? You could have your entire DVD catalog in something that fits inside of your hand.

Seems far more efficient to me.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

Is there a remote available for the 5G video ipods that doesnt need to be plugged into both the bottom and earphone jack of the ipod?... that just seems very annoying...
Email: taylormade96@gmail.com
AIM: tdubb96

hey guys have anyone ever switched pc's? I'm thinking of switching it to my laptop in stead of my home pc, do I have to unauthorize it and erase it to change it? because my music folder is on a external hard drive. thanks
35 congrats, you are Niketalks October keystyle champ...

I haven't read every page in here.. but does anyone who uses a skin have a good way to clean the dust off of it? Regular dust clothes don't work, it just sticks to the silicon.
I know I don't pray much, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Has anyone tried that Handbrake Lite????

It was posted about a couple of pages back. I just downloaded it and I am ripping "Saving Private Ryan". It's says it will take about 8 hours.......

I just ordered the Agent18 case off of the Apple store online today (cause the Apple Store in KOP is always sold out?)....and it says its ships within 5-10 days....any idea how many days it actually takes for the case to arrive at your door from the time you ordered it?

Can anyone recommend some good video and audio podcasts?
Oh you pregnant ma? Word! Thats the truth?/ What? You dont want an abortion!/ Fine we'll get a Rae Carruth

The Tiki Bar video pod cast has some hot girl in it. Pretty corny though but they teach how to make drink...........download and see for yourself i guess....

Okay, I just used Handbrake Lite to rip a DVD and it doesn't work. I guess it's back to the drawing board......

Any good DVD programs for ripping that's for free?

i purchased a 30gb video ipod today..but i have the older version of itunes running for my 20gb (not color) ipod.

so i try updating my itunes..everythings goin good, register serial number, agree to terms, etc..then it goes to this one screen that has a picture of a guy and girl and it says "born to be together. ipod and itunes"

i click next and nothing happens. left it on that screen for a few hours and still nothing..tried mulitple times as well..

any suggestions to help get past this?

memory.Ln@gmail.com

aim: djf833

i made a converter package! email me for details. ghai.johnson@gmail.com also about video on tv, it's a lil distorted when i watched a dvix movie i converted, i'll try a dvd and let you guys know. but since my question wasn't answered i have to erase and readd all my music tonight so i'll be back with new stuff tomorrow, in the meantime email me for the work.
35 congrats, you are Niketalks October keystyle champ...

Back
Top Bottom