* The Official Jay-Z: Blueprint 3 Post [3rd single: Empire State Of Mind]

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by Hanacheezy

hows the album?
its pretty good.
Yup. Not a classic....but it was worth the 15 bucks IMO.

Better question: BP3 or Loso's Way?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Never felt Loso's Way. BP3 isnt flawless but its replay value is way better than LW. They are not on the same level in my opinion but maybe someone elsefeels different

got it today and i think it was ok on my first time listening to it i liked a couple of track i might like it even more the second time i listen to it.....

young forever sounds good, i dont know if its just because im a sucker for classical instruments (piano, guiatar, violin etc. )

Just picked up the Collector's Edition and BP3. (Along with floor seats to the Seattle show and plane tickets home for the show on the 17th!)
happy.gif

Diggin' BP3 so far. Somethin' different. I'm also a sucker for instrumentals...

BP3 doesn't and can't touch Reasonable Doubt and BP1. It has a few good tracks, but let's not give Jay 5 mics just because he's Jay. His flowis too sing-songy for me.... not what I was expecting. Real mainstream if you ask me. Just my opinion... flame on.

For my Toronto ppl, who knows where i can get a copy?
Went to 3 HMV'S, 2 Sunrise Records and Play De Record downtown, and none had any.
They all said September 11....
Didn't have time to go to Best Buy or Future Shop.
If anyone in Toronto can tell me where they got there copy of BP3 it would be much appreciated.

And SMH at HMV not knowing what package I was talking about...didn't even know The Blueprint 1 & 2 was by Jay-Z

Hate is hilarious.....the f was Ye thinkin with that pew pew pew vroom vroom nonsense? And Reminder would be SOOOOO hard with a different hook. Outside ofthose two and off that....pretty good album
pimp.gif

I just understand if people like the sound on this album, but honestly, aside from "Thank You", and "Already Home" there really wasn'ta single time where his lyrics or wordplay impressed me. Like I know y'all have listened to Jay's whole catalogue, can any of y'all honestly sayhis lyricism on this album is anywhere close to being par with his other good albums. Just because Jay made a CD don't mean that !@!@ have to be good.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

album is dope and i like it better than the other 2 BP's
thats just HOW I FEEL

dont go in on me

havent heard it yet, but if you are right.....Man ill be truly amazed. BP1 is on a whole nother level.

were all different...i can be totally wrong in your world
laugh.gif

Your also 16 right??? So I guess that makes sense in a way. Your taste still sucks though.
Just cause i dont like the same things as you doesnt mean my taste sucks...ive listened to all his albums i just dont be feelin BP or BP2 as awhole...theres certain spots in each but BP as a whole to me isnt all that and neither is BP2 ...i like 3 the most

just what i think tho for the time being..sorry

I just understand if people like the sound on this album, but honestly, aside from "Thank You", and "Already Home" there really wasn't a single time where his lyrics or wordplay impressed me. Like I know y'all have listened to Jay's whole catalogue, can any of y'all honestly say his lyricism on this album is anywhere close to being par with his other good albums. Just because Jay made a CD don't mean that !@!@ have to be good.
Good music doesn't have to make you
eek.gif
every bar everysong either. It's no one's fault but yours if you expect to be blown away. People knock him because he isn't coming like he was on previousalbums....that's fine but he's still making good MUSIC which is the entire point of his existing in the game right now. You want BP, BA, BP2, RD, etclyricism go back and listen to them. Sure it's a subpar album for Jay....but it's still a good album. You clearly didn't listen to Run ThisTown....because the references were pretty
eek.gif
worthy. Nor venus vsmars....pretty slick wordplay. The reason half of the people on here get disappointed by albums....is because they go in expecting a classic everytime. Whenit's just not gonna happen. Heck how many classic albums have come out in the last 5 years? Like 10? That's not a high number and it shows the lunacyof constantly expecting a classic.

its not a GREAT album, but its still VERY GOOD.

This isnt a RD , but it def aint KC either.

Why does something have to be TRASH/WACK if its not an INSTANT CLASSIC.???

IMO

I like 11/15 tracks.

That's 73% of the album.

73% of 5 = 3.65

Album is a 3.5/5 to me. That's fair. Was hoping for a 4.5+

Funny thing is, I like 10/14 tracks off KC.... Same rating.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

I just understand if people like the sound on this album, but honestly, aside from "Thank You", and "Already Home" there really wasn't a single time where his lyrics or wordplay impressed me. Like I know y'all have listened to Jay's whole catalogue, can any of y'all honestly say his lyricism on this album is anywhere close to being par with his other good albums. Just because Jay made a CD don't mean that !@!@ have to be good.
eek.gif
every bar every song either. It's no one's fault but yours if you expect to be blown away. People knock him because he isn't coming like he was on previous albums....that's fine but he's still making good MUSIC which is the entire point of his existing in the game right now. You want BP, BA, BP2, RD, etc lyricism go back and listen to them. Sure it's a subpar album for Jay....but it's still a good album. You clearly didn't listen to Run This Town....because the references were pretty
eek.gif
worthy. Nor venus vs mars....pretty slick wordplay. The reason half of the people on here get disappointed by albums....is because they go in expecting a classic everytime. When it's just not gonna happen. Heck how many classic albums have come out in the last 5 years? Like 10? That's not a high number and it shows the lunacy of constantly expecting a classic.

see this is why J has become like Mike. BP3 feels like Jordan on the Wizards. You were expecting greatness, but he delivered 20 points a game (still good, butnothing near MVP)... You can't set the precedent as one of the G.O.A.T and expect people not to look for a classic everytime you spit.

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by AG 47

I must be the only real __ left on NT.... dude... I was 8 in 1996. Real talk. My favorite "rapper" was Puff Daddy. My point, EVERYTHING is so incredibly relative... so no, I didn't like the album. But I also don't knock myself or anybody else, grown or otherwise, that liked shiny suit diddy. It's ALL subjective. At the time, diddy made more sense to me and meant more to me and MOST of the hip-hop world. But I guess I'm the only __ real enough to admit it.

laugh.gif
I'm saying though...who listening to $+%% like reasonable doubt at 8 years old.

But I knew all the words to Hypnotize though...
I'm saying though...
laugh.gif
.. I ain't know what the hell I was saying but I knew how to say it dammit! I kinda miss when rap was way over my head and just fun. That ignorance was pretty blissful, admit it
grin.gif

So you were 12 years old and understood BP1 though?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

eek.gif
every bar every song either. It's no one's fault but yours if you expect to be blown away. People knock him because he isn't coming like he was on previous albums....that's fine but he's still making good MUSIC which is the entire point of his existing in the game right now. You want BP, BA, BP2, RD, etc lyricism go back and listen to them. Sure it's a subpar album for Jay....but it's still a good album. You clearly didn't listen to Run This Town....because the references were pretty
eek.gif
worthy. Nor venus vs mars....pretty slick wordplay. The reason half of the people on here get disappointed by albums....is because they go in expecting a classic everytime. When it's just not gonna happen. Heck how many classic albums have come out in the last 5 years? Like 10? That's not a high number and it shows the lunacy of constantly expecting a classic.

I'm not saying you have to have jaw-dropping lyricism... I love Pac and Pac's wordplay wasn't very good at all, but I don't find any of thesetracks to be very reflective or meangingful. A lot of repetitive stuff he had talked about on other albums and stuff. To me it's in the KC range, maybe alittle bit worse, but better than Vol.3

That So Ambitious track is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but sadly i'm alittle dissapointed with the album so far might have to get it some more spins.

Love the CD.

Off topic: How come there haven't been any new Hov freestyles? Usually he drops at least 1 around the time of a new release.

Back
Top Bottom