**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

^yea Reys Gold and Cash. I follow ol boy on IG...is he really gainin that much steam out there??

I don't know but I find it coincidental that like a month or two after people come on here talking about Reys having better prices on Cubans than Daniels, they suddenly drop the prices online.

Gold has been going back and forth between $1100-1300ish for the past couple years and they still had the same high prices online for the past like 3 years. So I don't think it has anything to do with gold prices dropping into the 1100s.

Daniel will give you a better price in store regardless of what's its priced at online. Don't always take those numbers at face value, he hooks it up. I saved around 300-400$ when I bought something in store. I've been looking at the site recently though because I've been thinking about another purchase soon and the prices have dropped. Golds at around 1168$ so a jewlery will always adjust his prices to the market.

Ya gold is sitting at $1135 and still going down. Hasn't been this low in just about 5 years. 

My First Chain .. Small start but feeling real proud to own it (Miami Cuban link, Silver with white gold finish, 9mm width, 26" ) [emoji]9996[/emoji]️

i neva like cubans in white gold to me the white gold cuban joints all look like silver 
roll.gif
OG gold cuban is da real deal but do you fam

My granddad recently passed away and I have been given all the jewelry that was left in the house.

Most of it is 50 to 100 years old however I am not sure of its quality.

It's basically just pendants, bracelets, rings, ... Both from my granddad and grandmother.

I know a jeweler who helps me out for free all the time so I could probably get the gold tested free of charge there.

I've been busy lately though so is there any other way to quickly test the authenticity?

If it's actual gold I was thinking of resmelting some of it into a larger bracelet with an engraving to honor my granddad's memory.

Picture. I weighed it and it totals to about 70 grams.

It looks a lot darker than it does in the picture. One of the rings also has an authentic ruby stone.

The other one has what looks to be cz or diamonds but it is so old they don't have any sort of spark anymore.

They seem a bit "cloudy" if that makes sense.

Last edited:
The only way is to take it into a jeweler and get it tested by an acid scratch test or the most reliable, a gold testing machine that will tell you the exact karat.

My granddad recently passed away and I have been given all the jewelry that was left in the house.

It's basically just pendants, bracelets, rings, ... Both from my granddad and grandmother.

I know a jeweler who helps me out for free all the time so I could probably get the gold tested free of charge there.

I've been busy lately though so is there any other way to quickly test the authenticity?

If it's actual gold I was thinking of resmelting some of it into a larger bracelet with an engraving to honor my granddad's memory.

It looks a lot darker than it does in the picture. One of the rings also has an authentic ruby stone.

The other one has what looks to be cz or diamonds but it is so old they don't have any sort of spark anymore.

A lot of jewelry back then was made of 18kt or higher! No reliable way of checking for yourself besides any stampings. Just get it tested and see how it comes out!

Send it my way for free testing G

Update on my interactions with Golden Sun:

10MM Diamond Bracelet - Triple Excellent, VS, FG Diamonds

+ They delivered my bracelet on time -- to the day. You can see it if you go back a couple pages.  

+ They respond intraday to my bracelet inquiry.

+ The setting work in general was top notch.

Next Projects:

Iced Out Cartier Band - Triple Excellent, VS+, FG Diamonds

+ I have a 6MM love ring.  Want to have it iced out, grabbed a number from Golden Sun, negotiated a bit, and we agreed -- they'll have it delivered as early as tomorrow.

+ I've emphasized that the ring must match or exceed Cartier setting.  They've said they will deliver, and I'm believing they'll have delivered.

2x Iced Out 10MM Cuban Bracelets [ White Gold, Rose Gold ]

+ If Golden Sun comes correct on pricing, I'm going to order two more bracelets.  

+ I paid a premium for my first -- I have zero doubt I paid more than I should have, but if this results in this demonstrating I'm a legit buyer -- I think jewelers deal with flakes all the time, my hope is it results in a great deal later.  This has been my experience with my primarily jeweler.

Thoughts:

+ Golden Sun quality was excellent on the first piece.  Timely, attentive. 

+ If you're going to shop with Golden Sun, I'd suggest these are the primary benefits [1] actual store, [2] personal, friendly service, and [3] they are timely.  

+ That said, there are and were some outstanding items I want clarification and am in a holding pattern on -- bracelet deal, ring quality etc. Follow up and through is important.  Will keep you all up to date on the forthcoming multi-bracelet bracelet deal.

they featured my actual bracelet:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom