**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Went to the jeweler today to talk about the pendant and I didn't like the games he was playing so I ended up getting 4 14kt chains off Sarraf's today.  Used the 15% off coupon they have for today and now I'm just looking forward to getting here

Went to the jeweler today to talk about the pendant and I didn't like the games he was playing so I ended up getting 4 14kt chains off Sarraf's today.  Used the 15% off coupon they have for today and now I'm just looking forward to getting here

The special15 discount right :nerd: :lol: that been up for ages. changes the day it's "special" every day :smh:

I was looking into them actually, when I signed up here and stumbled upon a nt consign of their site, I went to google to verify who they are and see some pretty ugly reviews about them on the web :x not sure if they are legitimate or not but on two separate review sites, it had multiple buyers complaining of bad quality and other problems etc.

Then again the site seems to be approved and a good few people have left positive reviews about them, they do a lot of business, I really can't comment either way because, I never purchased from them myself, although I did consider it, deal being...

$1855 with "special15" discount for a 4mm 14 yellow gold ball chain 30" in length and weighing 38.5g works out at $48.18 per gram 14k purity. After my special discount.

http://www.sarraf.com/products/14k-Gold-Bead-Link-Chain,-4mm-Wide-30-Inches.html

Daniels quoted me $41 per gram 14k, failed to deliver on the deal, then honoured $35 per gram at 14k on a 1mm smaller, same style necklace, saving me a total of $13.18 per gram, which is a great 30% saving. Minus a dollar.

By the way, What did you purchase? Share some pictures in here, when the items come in along with a detailed review on your experience shopping with them for fellow people, lurkers in the market. :smile:

Last edited:
Don't wanna read through the whole thread, but who is this Rey cat? And does he have a website? Instagram/twitter?

The special15 discount right
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
that been up for ages. changes the day it's "special" every day
mean.gif

I was looking into them actually, when I signed up here and stumbled upon a nt consign of their site, I went to google to verify who they are and see some pretty ugly reviews about them on the web
sick.gif
not sure if they are legitimate or not but on two separate review sites, it had multiple buyers complaining of bad quality and other problems etc.

Then again the site seems to be approved and a good few people have left positive reviews about them, they do a lot of business, I really can't comment either way because, I never purchased from them myself, although I did consider it, deal being...

$1855 with "special15" discount for a 4mm 14 yellow gold ball chain 30" in length and weighing 38.5g works out at $48.18 per gram 14k purity. After my special discount.

http://www.sarraf.com/products/14k-Gold-Bead-Link-Chain,-4mm-Wide-30-Inches.html

Daniels quoted me $41 per gram 14k, failed to deliver on the deal, then honoured $35 per gram at 14k on a 1mm smaller, same style necklace, saving me a total of $13.18 per gram, which is a great 30% saving. Minus a dollar.

By the way, What did you purchase? Share some pictures in here, when the items come in along with a detailed review on your experience shopping with them for fellow people, lurkers in the market.
smile.gif
I saw both negative and positive reviews about them but it seemed like the majority of the negative reviews were things like people being unhappy that you have to pay a restocking fee to return the items but that is pretty standard practice for all businesses. Resellerratings they had bad reviews, but on Yelp and Bizrate they had all great reviews.  Resellerratings only had 19 reviews, Bizrate had over 500 so I paid more attention to their reviews.  It looks like they get feedback on bizrate every single day so I felt comfortable trusting that site.  They give a 30 day return policy and with it being in the holiday season it is the easiest time of the year to return merchandise because of the gift giving.  

They gave me $42 per gram at 14k gold before the discount so with the discount it was probably $30-something per gram.  I kind of had no choice to try them because my local jewelry store wanted to charge me $1000 for a 18" 14k 4.6mm Figaro and I got it for $600 and change off Sarraf's site.  

I got: 
14k Gold 4.6mm Figaro Chain 18" In
14k Gold 4mm Flat Curb Chain 18" In
14k Gold 5mm Flat Curb Chain 16" In
14k Gold 5mm Flat Curb Chain 18" In

Last edited:
Jumpman2314, is the one from Reys less prone to kinking? Can you post a pic of it in like the same type of position as the Daniels one that has all the kinks in it.

Definately.

The first one from Daniels kinked like crazy. The second one kinked a lot but not as much as the first one.

With Rey's I haven't experience a kinking problem yet. When I spoke with him the first time he talked about crafting his chains to avoid that from happening.

Bought this from Sarraf. 14k & $41/gram a year ago. They will work with you on the price and my transaction went smooth.

Last edited:
I saw both negative and positive reviews about them but it seemed like the majority of the negative reviews were things like people being unhappy that you have to pay a restocking fee to return the items but that is pretty standard practice for all businesses. Resellerratings they had bad reviews, but on Yelp and Bizrate they had all great reviews.  Resellerratings only had 19 reviews, Bizrate had over 500 so I paid more attention to their reviews.  It looks like they get feedback on bizrate every single day so I felt comfortable trusting that site.  They give a 30 day return policy and with it being in the holiday season it is the easiest time of the year to return merchandise because of the gift giving.  

They gave me $42 per gram at 14k gold before the discount so with the discount it was probably $30-something per gram.  I kind of had no choice to try them because my local jewelry store wanted to charge me $1000 for a 18" 14k 4.6mm Figaro and I got it for $600 and change off Sarraf's site.  

I got: 
14k Gold 4.6mm Figaro Chain 18" In
14k Gold 4mm Flat Curb Chain 18" In
14k Gold 5mm Flat Curb Chain 16" In

14k Gold 5mm Flat Curb Chain 18" In

That's it bizrate verified, nice buy, be sure to show some pics when they arrive, thank you.

Last edited:
Jumpman2314, is the one from Reys less prone to kinking? Can you post a pic of it in like the same type of position as the Daniels one that has all the kinks in it.

Definately.

The first one from Daniels kinked like crazy. The second one kinked a lot but not as much as the first one.

With Rey's I haven't experience a kinking problem yet. When I spoke with him the first time he talked about crafting his chains to avoid that from happening.

Nice. The chain looks good man.

I guess Reys is gonna be the go to guy for Cubans.

You gotta be more specific than that. I would just sell it privately and buy a new one.
Sorry lol I got a 80gram 14k cuban bracelet 10mm .... I been feelin rose gold lately and thinking about making my chain rose gold .. So I thought it be nice to make my yellow gold cuban rose gold if that's even possible

You gotta be more specific than that. I would just sell it privately and buy a new one.
Sorry lol I got a 80gram 14k cuban bracelet 10mm .... I been feelin rose gold lately and thinking about making my chain rose gold .. So I thought it be nice to make my yellow gold cuban rose gold if that's even possible
That Rey looks like he's doing good work. You gotta make a whole new bracelet with more copper alloy to get a rose gold color. I would message him and see if he can melt it down and make a rose gold one and just charge you labor costs. 

That Rey looks like he's doing good work. You gotta make a whole new bracelet with more copper alloy to get a rose gold color. I would message him and see if he can melt it down and make a rose gold one and just charge you labor costs. 
Good idea Ima hit him up

Whats the going rate per gram of 18kt gold? Getting ready to shop for a cuban, just wanna have some numbers in mind before I walk in the door?

Now i know i may get flamed for this as bangbang but i was looking for a nice small silver jesus to go with my 5mm miami cuban i got from daniels last week. I know theres options like lax or if but almost 400$ for a baby stoneless is crazy. Just thought this was a nice mold.

Nice piece. Keep it real and don't care what anyone thinks. This is the jewelry thread not the gold thread. 

Back
Top Bottom