**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

yea I was thinking about the tissot seastar...I can't do invicta. Something about a company that prices all of their watches at like a retail of 1,000$+ but sells every single one for like 75-80% off doesn't sit right with me lol. I literally don't think you can find an invicta being sold for full retail.
4-600. 

Is it possible for jewelry to not stand out? Like just something to throw on whenever, and something not TOO flashy?

I have dreads, so my earring is practically covered, and I always wanted some kind of jewelery to own. I figured a bracelet would be best for me. A metal one to be exact.

Hey guys could anyone point me to a decent watch for under 1k? I want a new one for work but unfortunately don't know much about watches. I'd most likely prefer something black or silver that can take some abuse. Thanks
Tissot PRC 200

Seiko SNZF17K1

Orient Symphany & Bambino

Bulova Precisionist

All great watches for less than $500. If you wanna spend around $1000 check out Tag and also Baume & Mercier.

Hey guys could anyone point me to a decent watch for under 1k? I want a new one for work but unfortunately don't know much about watches. I'd most likely prefer something black or silver that can take some abuse. Thanks
I have a pre-owned mint condition Oris 1904 that I can let go for around that price if your interested. Eta movement, number **** of 1904 made. PM me if interested.

They seem to be the most reliable and consistent, some people take 4 weeks in email to get to an order, it's crazy I wouldn't be in business if I didn't follow up with leads/customers in a timely manner. Hope your girl loved it,merry Xmas
Ya, I've been lurking this thread for a while so it was an easy decision when my girl hinted that she wanted some sort of jewellery. I really didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad they came through. Definitely earned my business moving forward (when I get my guap up lol).

I would rather spend money on something like this rather than going to Tiffany's and get something all of her friends have seen or have. Merry Christmas to you too. 

excuse iphone pic

Tissot PRC 200

Seiko SNZF17K1

Bulova Precisionist

All great watches for less than $500. If you wanna spend around $1000 check out Tag and also Baume & Mercier.
those are nice but worth a tenth of their retail price when you walk out the store, and can be bought pre-owned with box and papers for half retail.
Tag,movado,baume and mercier,some Longine's and many more just don't hold a value

Steinhart r look for a pre-owned Omega

...but since all this Cartier talk over the last few pages, here's a 18k (obvs) white gold band that I threw on a white gold chain, for when I'm rocking a stainless steel Rollie and going for the grunge look :smile: :smile: :smile:

those are nice but worth a tenth of their retail price when you walk out the store, and can be bought pre-owned with box and papers for half retail.
Tag,movado,baume and mercier,some Longine's and many more just don't hold a value
Just like anything. I don't recommend going into Macy's and buying one but online they can be bought for very decent prices.

Last edited:
Ya, I've been lurking this thread for a while so it was an easy decision when my girl hinted that she wanted some sort of jewellery. I really didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad they came through. Definitely earned my business moving forward (when I get my guap up lol).

I would rather spend money on something like this rather than going to Tiffany's and get something all of her friends have seen or have. Merry Christmas to you too. 

excuse iphone pic

I like it dude, I too have been a lurker for awhile.

Just like anything. I don't recommend going into Macy's and buying one but online they can be bought for very decent prices.
[/quot.
My issue is if I'm spending close to a mortgage payment on smtg, it better be able to almost pay my mortgage in a pinch if things go bad, your right online is way better than macy's but a pre-owned allows you to get smtg you other wise couldn't buy.

Tissot PRC 200

Seiko SNZF17K1

Bulova Precisionist

But you also aren't spending like $10k new. I look at it like this, if I'm looking for an investment, I'm going to buy a cheap $500 watch and invest the rest in the stock market instead of buying a $10k Rolex or whatever.

By the way, I haven't bought any jewelry recently, that damn stock market is on fire. Dow going to like 19k+

Last edited:
But you also aren't spending like $10k new. I look at it like this, if I'm looking for an investment, I'm going to buy a cheap $500 watch and invest the rest in the stock market instead of buying a $10k Rolex or whatever.

By the way, I haven't bought any jewelry recently, that damn stock market is on fire. Dow going to like 19k+

I look at everything as an investment.I've been in the market since I was 18, I worked at my father's financial advising firm for 10+ years in the research department. He predicted the dow would break 18k 3yrs ago and everyone thought he was crazy. I would rather own a piece of a great company than own a product from a great company. But trust me a Ferrari Enzo outperformed the market in percentage gain as an investment since the year it came out. And plenty of antique jewelry/watches/art do the same, just gotta buy smart if it's a stock or jewelry.

...but since all this Cartier talk over the last few pages, here's a 18k (obvs) white gold band that I threw on a white gold chain, for when I'm rocking a stainless steel Rollie and going for the grunge look :smile: :smile: :smile:
That chain looks too thin for that ring. What many mm is that?

whats from rey's and golden sun? 
cuban bracelet from rey's

diamond work by golden sun -- cartier and gold bracelet

miscellaneous:

re:hermes bracelet being jewelry, it probably is. 170+ year old luxury house, acts as an accent to outfits, and probably cost 50% more per gram than a daytona. 

In that case i hope you got an extremely good deal on that diamond cross. If i looked at everything as an investment the last thing i would be buying is diamonds. 
Your a funny guy aye, yeah it was an investment into my wife's happiness, one day you'll understand son, happy wife happy life, and there's no price on happiness.

Back
Top Bottom