**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

roll.gif

The LAX Rolex saga is hilarious and sad.

Can we get a FAQ post started here? 

Examples of questions that get asked here:
  • Where to cop chain?
    • Cheap 14k machine made chains: http://www.jewelrycircle.com/
      • Isn't there a coupon code for jewelry circle? 
    • Where to cop cuban chain
    • Baht gold
      • ???
    • What's a good price for a chain?
      • At ~1200/ozt anything under 40 for 14k
      • 10k?
      • 18k?
      • baht (22k/24k)? 
  • Where to cop mini/micro/whatever jesus?
    • ??? Everyone seems to be doing ripoffs on these.
  • Where to cop prong diamond cross pendant?
    • ???

Is this true?  Laxrolex trying to give jewelry/watches to IG females?  begging rappers for money?  Selling fake jewelry and watches?

How do we know 50 is really behind this hack?
i honestly don't think he is at all. He was doing interviews and **** while this was going on. I just think he's smart enough to not cause more trouble for himself and get sued for like a lifetime of wages for ruining LAXs career lol. And the thing is even if the AP was an accident, lax needs to make that right asap. When u flaunting all this **** on ig that ur the jeweler to the stars and all this balling **** but u can't come up with 15gs to refund the dude?

i honestly don't think he is at all. He was doing interviews and **** while this was going on. I just think he's smart enough to not cause more trouble for himself and get sued for like a lifetime of wages for ruining LAXs career lol. And the thing is even if the AP was an accident, lax needs to make that right asap. When u flaunting all this **** on ig that ur the jeweler to the stars and all this balling **** but u can't come up with 15gs to refund the dude?

It's almost been a year

Question

How do people get into the jewelry game?

Like, where do people get all these diamonds and gold from?

Seems like a super high entry barrier because you need $Ks of money to start, right?

Question

How do people get into the jewelry game?

Like, where do people get all these diamonds and gold from?

Seems like a super high entry barrier because you need $Ks of money to start, right?
Bar to entry seems pretty low.  Especially if your going the LAX route and slanging on NT and IG.  Can't cost more than a few grand to buy some gold and and make a few chains especially if your doing the labor yourself.

Bar to entry seems pretty low.  Especially if your going the LAX route and slanging on NT and IG.  Can't cost more than a few grand to buy some gold and and make a few chains especially if your doing the labor yourself.
yea but u can't just start a jewlery business with 5 chains and call it a day...I would think u need different sizes, different types of chains, yellow gold, white gold, 14k, 10k, etc I seriously doubt it would be cheap.

To do labor yourself you need the machines and tools necessary. The amount of money you make off of a chain would not be worth it.

To do labor yourself you need the machines and tools necessary. The amount of money you make off of a chain would not be worth it.
You would know much better than me obviously.  But I would think the tools and machines would not be that expensive relatively.  Less than 50k, and you have the benefit of most of your inventory being relatively fungible with cash.  I think the biggest risk/cost would be getting a store front.  Do you need a special license to buy from wholesalers?  I can imagine that being hard to get.

You would know much better than me obviously.  But I would think the tools and machines would not be that expensive relatively.  Less than 50k, and you have the benefit of most of your inventory being relatively fungible with cash.  I think the biggest risk/cost would be getting a store front.  Do you need a special license to buy from wholesalers?  I can imagine that being hard to get.
I'm betting my boss (aka Gary) was wishing that machines were cheap... but we also buy high end machines and have everything under the sun...

I'm betting my boss (aka Gary) was wishing that machines were cheap... but we also buy high end machines and have everything under the sun...
I see, you can out source that work right?  You probably wont make as much money and can't control quality but it can lower your start up costs.

I see, you can out source that work right?  You probably wont make as much money and can't control quality but it can lower your start up costs.
Which most places do. They outsource to places here and there. You take a gamble on quality, quality control, and many other things. Remember that those contracted vendors are just pumping material out to get it out as fast as possible to make the most money. Hence why we prefer to do everything in house.

What kind of licensure would be needed? Check out your state's business one stop / chamber of commerce but as long as you're not laundering money, you're probably good. A lot of places I bet you can just DBA "<your real name> Jewelry" as a sole proprietor with 0 paperwork. Most places don't need you to be a bonafide jeweler to sell you loose diamonds (e.g. melee diamonds for pavé), casting grain, centrifugal casting machine, etc. 

Yes, that's what most people are doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom