**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I will give an in depth explanation when I have the opportunity to sit down and put together everything, but in the mean time I highly encourage everyone to AVOID James Ta jewelers and everyone associated with his family. They have a quality product that is ruined by a sense of entitlement and lack of professionalism. I am still mind blow by what transpired. Here’s a cliff hanger until I get a chance to settle in. ( This is a copy of an invoice I was sent )
2C854B1F-9767-4BF5-98B3-9DE9B9E22A09.jpeg

Last edited:
I will give an in depth explanation when I have the opportunity to sit down and put together everything, but in the mean time I highly encourage everyone to AVOID James Ta jewelers and everyone associated with his family. They have a quality product that is ruined by a sense of entitlement and lack of professionalism. I am still mind blow by what transpired. Here’s a cliff hanger until I get a chance to settle in. ( This is a copy of an invoice I was sent )

His arrogance and unprofessionalism is displayed throughout his IG stories

not only does he hate indecisive buyers, I’ve also seen him belittle people with smaller budgets.

you’re better off going with any of the other brothers

giphy.gif

I’m surprised yall still do business with ta jewelers after dude in here posted his tested piece with the lab diamonds that were supposed to be real

There are two sides to every story....

I did business with him recently and had no issues. Took the tennis chain and pendant to another jeweler for testing and no issues at all with lab diamonds.

I brought it to his attention that there was stories about him here and he addressed everything with me.

I didn't have a large budget either but I had no issues.

Guess its hit or miss but they have quality product.

There are two sides to every story....

I did business with him recently and had no issues. Took the tennis chain and pendant to another jeweler for testing and no issues at all with lab diamonds.

I brought it to his attention that there was stories about him here and he addressed everything with me.

I didn't have a large budget either but I had no issues.

Guess its hit or miss but they have quality product.

I’ve seen excellent customer service make up for an average product.
I’ve seen bad customer service ruin an excellent product. This is certainly the latter.

I really can’t wait to hear about this I spoke to ta jewelers a few years ago but i didn’t want to go through the hassle of waiting on something being made

Something like 4 to 12 weeks for a small 24 karat marijuana leaf maybe less than 10 g didn’t make any sense to make the order
Now if I lived in California that might’ve been a different story as I probably would’ve made it

Like I always say it’s best to buy your jewelry in person
custom projects by mail orders are a pain or you buy already made jewelry by mail and it’s either somethings not right
or you might have to pay more
it’s going to take a very long time or it just doesn’t come out or look how you wanted it to

op sounds pissed I would probably be the same way

Last edited:
Alright

So the first purchase I made was for a 20in 18k Dragon Scale Necklace. Pics are in here. This was my first jewelry purchase ever and I rushed into the purchase. When I got the necklace It was not what I expected. (I think I even reached out to see if a few NT’ers were interested through DM)
The Craftsman ship was excellent but it just wasn’t soemthing I could see myself holding on for $10k. I reached out to him and let him know it just wasn’t my style and I would be willing to offer him $1k to take it back for his time and inconvenience. We shook hands on that and I let him know once I found something I would reach back out.

- Even in this experience there was a general lack of communication initially and it was me being proactive to acquire the item. He was supposed to call me back to back days which he didn’t. I was put off by this but I chalked it to the game and him being busy. Fast forward.

About 3-4 weeks later, I know what I want. I reach out to him multiple times through text and call with no response. Being new to the game, and honestly
not knowing where else to get what I wanted, I kept trying to get in contact with him. I finally call the physical store where I get a hold of him and he’s giving me a slight attitude as If I’ve been wasting his time and didn’t have the funds or something. I’m not sure how money came up as an issue. All of our transactions happened instantly and like I said I gave him $1k for the inconvenience. It was to the point I thought he had me confused for someone else. It was at this point I should have honestly stopped doing business with him. Lesson learned. We talked later and he showed me he had a lot of flakers. I shared my sympathy and explained to him I wasn’t here to waste either of our time. I thought that was evident in how I conducted myself. ( I don’t think a customer should have to go through these lengths to offer someone car money)

I tell him the necklace and pendant I want. The pendant takes a few weeks to make and he’ll ship that and the necklace out together. I tell him no prob. During the process of making the pendant I ask for pics of the necklace which he never sent. When the pendant is finally done he sends me the pics of the necklaces he has irrespective of what I asked for. I told him specifically the necklace I wanted. After two days of searching he doesn’t have what I am looking for. During these 48 hours he was responding to me at the end of the day and giving me barely 2 minutes of talk time. A word for the wise for anyone who decides to deal with him, pay attention when he starts talking fast. It’s usually smoke coming after. He finally finds the necklace I am looking for but it is not the size I wanted. I told him if I wasn’t happy with it I would send it back.
While the pendant is being made, I also decide I want to get a ring made as well. An example of him not keeping the expectation he set forth :

D6F08E46-4A03-4AD2-AB4B-6202435532FA.jpeg

This was the following Tuesday after he said give until Monday. I honestly was okay with waiting if he just simply would have said, I’m busy and backed up. Here’s a realistic expectation.

143DA1D3-C9DD-48E5-86B0-C47AB312FA56.jpeg

I was in the process of moving to another country and there was some time sensitive decisions I had to make and this point things were starting to become an inconvenience.
This is me reaching out to him 9 days after the original rendering and not having heard anything back. I will give him credit and acknowledge he said he was hustling to get things done to help with my travels. At this point the deadline I had in place had came and went and I just told him to take his time and make sure it’a done right.
6464BAE8-FA6F-4B91-8E9B-C8CE2AA56902.png

I honestly wasn’t tripping off this happening but I wanted to share my full experience

78CB99DF-8E83-4895-AD5B-B1CAF4F6AF8B.jpeg

The ring not coming out right the first time was what ever. Stuff happens. I want to iterate more often then not during this process it was me reaching out to see what was going on. Also, I shipped my necklace back because I was not happy with the size. I told him that from the jump was going to happen because it was not what I wanted. I was willing to try it off the strength of his encouragement and the fact he said it would take 6-8 weeks to creat the one I wanted. As i mentioned I live out of the country now and I did not want to leave any loose ends. I said I would be willing to look at other options if he could send me pictures. For some reason he found it hard to understand that someone was unwilling to spend $5k on something that they had barely seen. I asked for pics numerous times which he blew off. When he finally finished the ring, he asked what necklace I wanted to go with

- Just another point. I asked for the appraisal numerous times.
37CCD53A-6F6C-43C3-98E5-D7B555098EFD.jpeg

This was 2.5 weeks later when I almost to open another application for a policy because of how long he took. For the sake of brevity I am going to speed up to the end.

E6630194-F97A-45E9-8812-E0E98E0523ED.png

His response :

41F61439-3F36-4135-976E-823A8886104E.png

He never sent the pics of the nugget necklace and I ultimately decided to wait on the 24k gold rope.
Posting this for later.

6755D199-1865-4739-B079-174B04221AE7.jpeg

The following texts are pretty self explanatory
DDDC15FA-41C3-484E-AA7C-941D90921977.jpeg

02D7BA1D-BCF5-40AD-8573-46127F63FE19.png

Back
Top Bottom