**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

1st off how many karat u tryin to get?

minimum 1 karat max 2

After reading so many articles on how diamonds

Have worthless resale value i suggest you:

-Look into moissante as a viable alternative

-if you're adamant about having a diamond look

Into lab grown cultured diamonds such as gemesis

Diamonds, their prices are alot more reasonable then

Debeers controlled diamonds.

Just curious if any of y'all who rock these Jesus pieces actually believe in Jesus or ever attend church or just wear them because your favorite rapper does?

Im hispanic, gold as always been a way of life for
Caribbean folks & we're catholic on this side, not

To say im overtly religious, but lets just say im hedgin my bets between da atheist & da zealots.

minimum 1 karat max 2

It's an engagement ring, don't even think about listening to this dude suggesting moissanite. Talking about resale value...for an engagement ring. Think about that. :smh:

Just curious if any of y'all who rock these Jesus pieces actually believe in Jesus or ever attend church or just wear them because your favorite rapper does?

Those are the only two options? Either we are religious, or we are copying rappers? :lol:

I wear mine because I am an occultist and it says in the Bible:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth."

Exodus 20:4

Really I just wear mine to show haters that I can afford things that they can't.

Finally decided to pop the question to the gf. i've been doing some research on diamonds but what's the best certification to get? I want to make sure I'm spending money on legit stuff. GIA? AGS? EGL? Is one better than the other? What's the most common? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

GIA is the official top notch standard. Be prepared to pay much more for a GIA certified stone.

minimum 1 karat max 2

It's an engagement ring, don't even think about listening to this dude suggesting moissanite. Talking about resale value...for an engagement ring. Think about that. :smh:

Go to all da wedding forums, all you here is women

Touting moissanites, so dont even try to act funky

Duke. Besides, PLENTY of articles online show how

Little to no value these stones have on da second hand market.

Last edited:

minimum 1 karat max 2

There isn't a woman alive who would rather have a moissanite than a diamond. They sayin' that to make their man feel better about his poverty ring. Moissanites aren't gonna' hold value on the second hand market either.

minimum 1 karat max 2

There isn't a woman alive who would rather have a moissanite than a diamond. They sayin' that to make their man feel better about his poverty ring. Moissanites aren't gonna' hold value on the second hand market either.

Moissanite value doesnt go off a cliff da way diamonds of similar size do.

That's facts.

minimum 1 karat max 2

That's facts.

Good luck selling a moissanite ring to a pawn shop or jewelry store.

I'm positive 99% of women has even heard of Moissanite ..

and if they have , that still rather have a diamond if given the choice.

Unless you wanna scumbag it out cop a Moiss stone and front like it's a diamond ...

It's a diamond or nothing ..

minimum 1 karat max 2

That's facts.

You can't tell Ninajahood nothin as long as he feels one thing is better than the other. I'm gonna call BS on moissanites holding their value better than diamonds being a fact, not even saying that diamonds hold their value well either. And, once again, it doesn't mean **** because if you're giving a female an engagement ring and its a moissanite, you're losing. Try to tell her "but diamonds resale value is worthless" and let me know how that goes.

Dude is so stuck in his black and white bubble. He didn't even come close to answering dude's question either. Just saw diamonds and thought, no! Moissanites!

Last edited:

minimum 1 karat max 2

That's facts.

You can't tell Ninajahood nothin as long as he feels one thing is better than the other. I'm gonna call BS on moissanites holding their value better than diamonds being a fact, not even saying that diamonds hold their value well either. And, once again, it doesn't mean **** because if you're giving a female an engagement ring and its a moissanite, you're losing. Try to tell her "but diamonds resale value is worthless" and let me know how that goes.

Dude is so stuck in his black and white bubble. He didn't even come close to answering dude's question either. Just saw diamonds and thought, no! Moissanites!

No woman wants a moissanite. Moissanites cost much less than diamonds, so they may hold their value better than diamonds, I don't know. I know that they are not very desirable and that you would be lucky to get anything for one on resale. A diamond can be sold anywhere. How is your girl gonna' look when her friends say "oh, that's a beautiful diamond", and she has to reply that it is moissanite? They gonna' be lookin' like:

And she is going to have to convince 'em that a dude named Ninjahood from Niketalk.com assured her man that the moissanite holds its value better than a diamond.

:rofl:

If we are going off of resale value, might as well cop her some stocks and bonds and forget about the ring altogether.

Last edited:
Exactly. If you can't afford to buy your girl a diamond ring, you honestly shouldn't be thinking about marriage right now. Kids usually follow, as well as mortgages, etc... Secure yourself, then worry about securing others.

So.. Two broke ppl cant get married and be happy?

Last edited:

Unless you wanna scumbag it out cop a Moiss stone and front like it's a diamond ...

& thats y debeers got ya by da nuts.

Ya act like moissanites is cheap..it aint.

Ya act like lab grown diamonds arent real diamonds..

They are.

Exactly. If you can't afford to buy your girl a diamond ring, you honestly shouldn't be thinking about marriage right now. Kids usually follow, as well as mortgages, etc... Secure yourself, then worry about securing others.

So.. Two broke ppl cant get married and be happy?

They can, they just might have to settle for a moissanite ring.

Last edited:

& thats y debeers got ya by da nuts.

Ya act like moissanites is cheap..it aint.

Ya act like lab grown diamonds arent real diamonds..

They are.

You mind as well say name brand clothing and shoes are comparable quality to discount store brands. So mind as well spend less.

its all a matter of how you perceive things really, things only hold as much value as we think they are worth, its really only worth what people are willing to pay so in reality ninja has a valid point he sees things from a different perspective, where alot of people only buy into this crap because "what he/she will think of me if i wear/have this" not because you truely love it, if you like it, it doesnt matter if its $2 or $20000 im my opinion but ehh, each to their own, live and let live. the mario star was a nice price, im happy with the baby jesus too pm if need details :smile:

Come on, were not talking about stones to put in your piece. Engagement ring shopping is just not the time to entertain moissanite stones and question the norms the diamond industry feeds consumers, IMO. That is, if your budget permits diamonds. If not, then go for it.

When a woman pictures her perfect ring, she is not thinking moissanite. I bought my lady her ring and proposed in December, BTW.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom