**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Ninja,
So you saying icebox is not a good alternative if you wanna save a good $10,000 from Jacobs $25,000+ price when it comes to a standard size Jesus?

Not to mention their ice less joints in standard size are spot on too.

And if you wanna go one step above standard and do the big boy XL size, it's spot on too!

Ninja,
So you saying icebox is not a good alternative if you wanna save a good $10,000 from Jacobs $25,000+ price when it comes to a standard size Jesus?

this pic reinforces what i was saying..look how inferior that mold looks compared to that OG tito...

modern jesus pieces are made too small, even their "XL" sizes look diminutive in comparison to da older stuff.

**** is like kicks, if you're gonna retro something, da proportions gotta be right, or else leave it alone...

Ninja,

this pic reinforces what i was saying..look how inferior that mold looks compared to that OG tito...

modern jesus pieces are made too small, even their "XL" sizes look diminutive in comparison to da older stuff.

**** is like kicks, if you're gonna retro something, da proportions gotta be right, or else leave it alone...

While I agree with you comparing it to the Tito, if you compare the Jacob to the icebox, it's pretty much spot on. That's what I was referring to.

The tennis bracelet you guys made is crazy.... :smile:  and all these other pieces are perfect. 

Not knocking what you guys did, just don't know why someone would ask for that on a beautiful watch... you guys are really doing a good job of diamond setting.... keep up the good work. 
It's actually something Rolex offers from factory on the PearlMaster. However, we had a customer that loved the design but could only go for the DateJust Midsize. Like I said before, give the client what they want. It came out crazy beautiful!

Ninja,

While I agree with you comparing it to the Tito, if you compare the Jacob to the icebox, it's pretty much spot on. That's what I was referring to.
l
There are some noticeable differences. It's harder to see because of the enamel. But Icebox's is closer to the Jacob than the IF and Co.

jacobs/titos jesus piece has historic and cultural values in the game, not just the fact that its a piece of gold with diamonds. the rest are imitations. 

no jeweller touching jacobs quality of craftsmanship except maybe Jason of BH. its not about making something that looks the same, you can tell by how they carry their companies, jacobs customers aren't even the same crowd. if anything id give it up to If & CO quality wise they hand set their **** and its on point, Icebox on the other hand looks like they could be using the same CAD maker  and outsource their stone setting to some factory out in Hong Kong their **** looks so computerized and digital, aint no love in those pieces bro. jewelery is art/metalsmith supposed to be made by hand not print it out off a 3d printer. its the same **** master of bling or diamond empire or franky diamonds could do 

jacobs/titos jesus piece has historic and cultural values in the game, not just the fact that its a piece of gold with diamonds. the rest are imitations. 

no jeweller touching jacobs quality of craftsmanship except maybe Jason of BH. its not about making something that looks the same, you can tell by how they carry their companies, jacobs customers aren't even the same crowd. if anything id give it up to If & CO quality wise they hand set their **** and its on point, Icebox on the other hand looks like they could be using the same CAD maker  and outsource their stone setting to some factory out in Hong Kong their **** looks so computerized and digital, aint no love in those pieces bro. jewelery is art/metalsmith supposed to be made by hand not print it out off a 3d printer. its the same **** master of bling or diamond empire or franky diamonds could do 

Bruh... Do you see how icebox and Jacobs hair is set all waves like actual hair while IF&Co and other jewelers do straight hair? No wave to it? Lmao y'all blinded by the clientele list when Ben himself said the best clients be the no name hood stars that go in and spend. It ain't even about who has the a-list anymore. Look at Jason. Had tyga, did so much work for him but he ain't pay them. What's that worth?

Do you own any jewelry?

your right this piece is trash, right up there with diamond empire 

indifferent.gif

Last edited:
I have a Jacob piece without enamel in hand as well as the Icebox piece with enamel and they are the same size, 3.75" with the bail which is the same as python's. The Tito piece is actually slightly larger overall than the other molds.

Icebox isn't just the closest to Jacob, it is the Jacob piece because they bought theirs from Jacob and made a mold of it.

With regards to price and quality I'd rather go with Icebox > Jacob > followed by whatever jeweler you choose from here on.

We know Ben has the actual mold too since he posted it on his blog and here before, but from his youtube video it seems his wax cutter cuts each individual piece by hand instead of re-using the same mold.

There are some noticeable differences. It's harder to see because of the enamel. But Icebox's is closer to the Jacob than the IF and Co
Didn't you say IF&Co was closer not two long ago. Curious what are these differences you speaketh of anyways

one thing i got carried away and it sounded like im bashing icebox, when i was just trying to say Jacob is better than the rest. 

@mr519 the fact that youd post a piece like that and try to step to me is funny, whats so special about that piece to u? 

a piece like that would be more practical if its made out of silver cuz its a joke of a jewelry. it has no meaning to it, or a reason for you to wear it unless you are Gorilla Zoe. why do you say diamond empire is not capable of making a piece like that? 

what about that gorilla piece can you point out and say that's Icebox's trademark?  If & Co could make that, Jason could make that, Jacob could make that.

i went a little over the top over exaggerating and **** but just trying to state that how can jacob even be compared with these new gen jewelers hes the father to them all. i wasnt so much talking about the actual appearance of the jesus pieces. but no doubt Icebox got the 2nd in line with Lax. if & co mold is wack with the straight hair but you cant deny their quality.

what i find unmatched by jacob is his stone setting plug is crazy, you can barely see the prongs, they are tight af, and the prongs dont have any irregularities. i dont know why you guys are bugging out just cuz yall know dudes that work at icebox and you dont know jacob. i really dont feel like im stepping out of any boundaries by saying that jacobs better. its really not hard to tell, its very evident in these pictures, so imagine how different it would be in person. 

yall tryna make me look like a fool acting like i dont know what im talking about when half of these cats replying to me are new gen kids that post recycled knowledge thats been spat by the ogs in this thread since day 1 (ninjahood, frank mucus, jchambers etc etc) 

Last edited:
1. IF & CO Jesus Bail looks messed up, stones arent aligned they clustered in. (if i was a jeweler i wouldnt let this piece pass this looks like its a defect)

2. They use prongs to fill up instead of setting small stones or making the design work somehow. (another slip up not a good look)

3. beard looks like a ball, look at Jacobs it has sharp edges (the kufi especially)

Overall the stones are set apart more, the Lines in between the hairs are like trenches that dig deep, not polished edges like jacob or icebox. 

4. ICEBOX i see they did their thing with the Hair tryna copy Jacobs style but that looks clumped 

5. Neck still not right if they were tryna copy the Jacob looks more like the Lax neck. 

The lines between the hairs are too wide and dont look waverly as jacobs. 

Plus look at those Honeycomb set bails on Jacobs. theres a reason why jacobs cost more

Last edited:

1. IF & CO Jesus Bail looks messed up, stones arent aligned they clustered in. (if i was a jeweler i wouldnt let this piece pass this looks like its a defect)
2. They use prongs to fill up instead of setting small stones or making the design work somehow. (another slip up not a good look)
3. beard looks like a ball, look at Jacobs it has sharp edges (the kufi especially)
Overall the stones are set apart more, the Lines in between the hairs are like trenches that dig deep, not polished edges like jacob or icebox. 

4. ICEBOX i see they did their thing with the Hair tryna copy Jacobs style but that looks clumped 
5. Neck still not right if they were tryna copy the Jacob looks more like the Lax neck. 
The lines between the hairs are too wide and dont look waverly as jacobs. 

Plus look at those Honeycomb set bails on Jacobs. theres a reason why jacobs cost more

It's not that serious G, just buy the one you prefer.

@mr519 the fact that youd post a piece like that and try to step to me is funny, whats so special about that piece to u? 

a piece like that would be more practical if its made out of silver cuz its a joke of a jewelry. it has no meaning to it, or a reason for you to wear it unless you are Gorilla Zoe.  why do you say diamond empire is not capable of making a piece like that? 
What does meaning have to do with anything? lol .... Obviously they made it for Gorilla Zoe, but arn't we talking about quality of work? 

The fact that you would mention icebox with the same likes of a franky diamonds and mr bling is ridiculous, 

sitting here talking about which jesus piece is better, or why the jacob is the best has been recycled a million times in this thread ... I think it comes down to personal preference

Back
Top Bottom