**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Im thinkin the same thing.. probably best off going for an apprenticeship, tho they are not always too easy to find.. in the middle of trying to get one rn..

I'd say go to school and put some hours behind your back vs just jumping in like teach me. Time is money if your going their with not enough experience to set a stone or file a tube of wax down to make a ring then you will def not be making the list for apprenticeship. Another suggestion after school is to try a low end jewelry repair shop and get some real life experience behind you and master the basics then go for that apprenticeship at one of these majors. At least at that point you actually have education and work hours so you can offer these companies a resume and a reason to waste time on you.

I am my self going to start schooling here in a little
http://www.houstonschoolofjewelry.com

Not the GIA school I wish I could attend but it'll get me enough know how to get me in the door. I really want to learn this as well
http://www.gemvision.com/matrix/

Yea it's one of lax earlier pieces. I got it in 2010. I usually wear it with my 9mm Cuban but I thought id try somthing different today

Does the chain look too small? It's a 6mm Cuban with a full size Jesus piece. I felt like the smaller shorter chain gave it a vintage kinda feel like puff daddy/mase 97 era feel
looks good imo

honestly i would have the chain a little shorter

da jesus piece to chain ratio is way off

it needs to be longer/thicker (no homo)

Last edited:
Im thinkin the same thing.. probably best off going for an apprenticeship, tho they are not always too easy to find.. in the middle of trying to get one rn..

I'd say go to school and put some hours behind your back vs just jumping in like teach me. Time is money if your going their with not enough experience to set a stone or file a tube of wax down to make a ring then you will def not be making the list for apprenticeship. Another suggestion after school is to try a low end jewelry repair shop and get some real life experience behind you and master the basics then go for that apprenticeship at one of these majors. At least at that point you actually have education and work hours so you can offer these companies a resume and a reason to waste time on you.

I am my self going to start schooling here in a little
http://www.houstonschoolofjewelry.com

Not the GIA school I wish I could attend but it'll get me enough know how to get me in the door. I really want to learn this as well
http://www.gemvision.com/matrix/

Not sure if they have jewelry schools where i am tho, most jewelers ive contacted have said they started with an apprenticeship and went from there, may be different there idk, regardless, i definitely have done a lil homework about it so i atleast dont go in with no knowledge or anything.. appreciate the suggestions anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only way you could make money is if you bought your gold jewelry when it was well below $1200/oz.

I've been looking all over eBay for a small st Christopher pendant. Something the size of a quarter in 14k. Every time I come across one I like the seller is asking for to much around 70$ a gram. To me that is a ridiculous price, I usually pay around 40. However I've messaged a couple of sellers and they won't seem to budge on the price. Can anyone help lead me in the direction of where I can find something like that for a better price?

I've been looking all over eBay for a small st Christopher pendant. Something the size of a quarter in 14k. Every time I come across one I like the seller is asking for to much around 70$ a gram. To me that is a ridiculous price, I usually pay around 40. However I've messaged a couple of sellers and they won't seem to budge on the price. Can anyone help lead me in the direction of where I can find something like that for a better price?
Email me at info@goldensunjewelry.com. We do a lot of saint pendants for our out of state clients.

bruh, wats really good wit mouse man?

is he somebodys lil nephew or somethin?

i know for a fact lil boy never did anything

No small Cuban today. Decided to go with the 9mm Cuban today

I see a lot of FLAT Cubans throughout this thread, and then a lot of THICK Cubans. I'm not talking about mm I'm talking about thickness. Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?

Are Daniels Cubans thick?

Last edited:
I see a lot of FLAT Cubans throughout this thread, and then a lot of THICK Cubans. I'm not talking about mm I'm talking about thickness. Does anyone know what I'm talking about ?

I could be wrong but i think a lot of what your talking about just has to do with camera angel, & obviously the wider the mm of the cuban the thicker it will be as well.

Daniels cubans are A1, period....its literally all anyone in this thread even purchases i am pretty sure
laugh.gif

I know exactly what you're talking about. I would say Daniels Cubans are on the thinner side but they are extremely extremely tight links.

Back
Top Bottom