**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Leon sent me this quote the other day.

cube.jpg

cube2.jpg

chain is saucy but damn that's a steep price to pay. at $50/gram you could get an 18k chain at that price in some spots out in CA.

a few weeks back, when I went into shops in chinatown, that's what they were quoting me for 18k cubans, labor included. no tax since, as Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos put me on to, "cash is king." if you got any local asian jewelers stores and you're not worried about covid, drop by them.

chain is saucy but damn that's a steep price to pay. at $50/gram you could get an 18k chain at that price in some spots out in CA.

a few weeks back, when I went into shops in chinatown, that's what they were quoting me for 18k cubans, labor included. no tax since, as Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos put me on to, "cash is king." if you got any local asian jewelers stores and you're not worried about covid, drop by them.

Damn 50 per gram for 18k? How much were they charging for ropes?

Damn 50 per gram for 18k? How much were they charging for ropes?

from what I gather based on my limited experience jewelry shopping, the asian spots didn't differentiate their prices based on style; what you pay depends solely on the weight of the chain. the only difference is in the labor, which seemed to range between $150 and $200. their $50/gram included labor, which was nice. i didn't have to add anything on top.

caveat tho, between the 4 or 5 shops i went to, most of their selection was between 40 and 85 grams and the widest cuban I tried on was like 7mm. so if you're looking for something wider with more weight, might have to look elsewhere.

Noted. Next time I’m in LA I am

Honestly can't see how folks would buy a cuban anywhere but Florida with most shops doing shipping across the country and accepting online forms of payment

I get wanting to see it in person but whats a couple hundred dollars on a flight to a couple stacks on a major purchase.

their quality is great but price wise not the best... i got my cuban and rope for 32/33 a gram 14k in NJ from my jeweler... granted this was in 2016 and 2017 which was a few years ago and gold has gone up since then... but point is you can get deals from local spots if you haggle and pay straight cash homie... i rather go local then hit up those florida spots unless you can get a steal price... might have to fly out there and pay cash though lol

I need a rope about 5mm. These Asian shops got websites or social media?

not that I know of but you can look them up on yelp and call in to see if they have what you're looking for. shops were hella empty when I went in, so they're definitely trynna get your business and will spend the time to look for you. at least here in Oakland/SF area

Ya back home in the mid east 18k is about 45 USD a gram. they dont even fw anything under 18. Im tryna get fam to cop me something while i wait for 14k to drop on this continent. Getting it shipped here tho is another task in itself.

Frank Mucus coming for ppls chains now
Ya back home in the mid east 18k is about 45 USD a gram. they dont even fw anything under 18. Im tryna get fam to cop me something while i wait for 14k to drop on this continent. Getting it shipped here tho is another task in itself.
duties? I've bought stuff from England & Japan before & there were no extra charges. bought a watch bracelet/band over the summer that shipped from Israel & got hit w/customs charges, the charges didn't bother me that much but was a lil concerned that it could have become lossed/destroyed.

Frank Mucus coming for ppls chains now

duties? I've bought stuff from England & Japan before & there were no extra charges. bought a watch bracelet/band over the summer that shipped from Israel & got hit w/customs charges, the charges didn't bother me that much but was a lil concerned that it could have become lossed/destroyed.
Not so much the duties/charges as i am worried about it getting lost/stolen.

Back
Top Bottom