The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Question: With current Jordans like the 31's, are colourways released like Retros where they're released once and that's it (chance of random restocks), or do they keep on restocking throughout the shoe's cycle until the next addition (in this case, the 32's) come out?

Last edited:

Question: With current Jordans like the 31's, are colourways released like Retros where they're released once and that's it (chance of random restocks), or do they keep on restocking throughout the shoe's cycle until the next addition (in this case, the 32's) come out?
cant really say because they've only been out a month, but if its like the XX8/XX9/XXX they will be one and done. Any restocks are from store stock being RTV'd 

Honestly, I saw a pair of these, the USA ones in a Foot Locker and the shoe felt cheap. In my opinion obviously. There was like paint problems and stuff. Maybe part of it is I just don't like woven stuff.

That's very minor issue you showed up there.
I could find way more severe issues on my OG 12, 13 like certain leather parts not cut aligned or the leather surface
Had scratches from the beginning.
Like you said, probably you prefer leather over woven.

That's very minor issue you showed up there.
I could find way more severe issues on my OG 12, 13 like certain leather parts not cut aligned or the leather surface
Had scratches from the beginning.
Like you said, probably you prefer leather over woven.

I guess from the pics that were let out I kinda expected something else. When I had them in my hands I realized it was just painted. I guess maybe I thought it would be a different material going around top of the midsole and just paint, if that makes sense.

Received my XXXI's today and besides UPS beating the crap out of another shoe box...I dig them. Very comfortable. The large Jumpman is okay, but a black one would have been a cleaner look IMO. 

OrdereD the wrong size on the reserve your pair

Liked them too tight

Not a single person on here likes that huge Jumpman.

That's your perception. Most saying that are not really liking the xxx1 anyway.
I have no problems with that jumpman. It's not much bigger than the jumpman on the 2012s and it is part of the design to see the fading swoosh in the center of the shoe and the jumpman representative for today's jordans.

I have two pairs. Don't like the giant Jumpman. It already has a presence on the tongue.

I haven't tried to ball in these so hopefully the reported traction issues are true. Seems like they would've done some focus testing.

Did Jimmy Butler have any issues with the XXX1 during the olympics?

I have the Rio 31s. Love the colorway. I would rather have the big jumpman and get rid of the swoosh.

Overall I think it’s a good to very good performance shoe and can see plenty of people really liking them on the court. This is definitely a step in the right direction for JB. We have heel zoom again. They have lowered the price. There are other shoes out there that perform better and are cheaper, so these aren’t a shoe that I must cop multiple pairs of.

The Good:
I found the traction on them to be good to very good on all courts I play on. Definitely not as good as the Curry 2s and XX8s (my favorites so far – can’t wait to get the Rose 7s soon), but still very good on most courts. Minimal wiping. Cushion is the best balance of impact protection, bounce, and court feel in a Jordan in the last few years. Like this full length zoom better than KD9 and HD16 flyknits. This shoe has me hopeful JB can give us better zoom again. Transition was very good for me. Fit was TTS and toebox width was fine for me with my average width foot. I’m heavier and found the zoom to be very stable 95% of the time.

The Neutral:
Containment was fine and is very playable for me. Definitely better than JC3 and HD2106 flyknits. Not as good as more traditionally built shoes. Still haven’t played in the CLB16s, CEs, or Rose 7s, so I can’t compare.

The Bad:
I get a lot of achilles pressure in my pair. Get some at the top of the inner collar and I can also feel the top of the synthetic leather collar too. Don’t notice it most the time when playing. Mostly noticeable on really hard cuts, time between games, and I feel achilles irritation/soreness for a while after I’m done playing. This is really annoying. I’m going to try another pair and see if that helps. The protruding zoom cause some issues about 5% of the time. Sometimes the shoe skips a bit as I go to plant/cut. There are some angles when I catch the edge of the protruding zoom bag before it can compress and the have zoom area of the sole in the same plain as the outer edge of the sole. This is a bigger issue with the heel area and has caused me to practically fall down a few times. Would be great if JB had the heel zoom protrude just a little less.

Last edited:
Off topic but I know westbrook advertised these heavy..one of my favs...he will be on jimmy fallon here shortly

Wow that blacked out jumpman. What's a good marker to use to do that? Sharpies aren't like a pitch black.

With the NBA and College hoops around the corner, I'm interested in seeing the UNC, Cal/Marquette/Michigan colorways. Does anyone know if there been more confirmed releases other than USA, Rio, Banned, Fine Print, Shattered Backboard and N7?

I wish they had left off the jumpman and extended the swoosh so that it extended all the way back to the ankle like regular 1s. The swoosh would be flyweave then transition into the leather at the end point. That would have been dope.

Back
Top Bottom