The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Random question, does anyone get pain in the side of their foot from those stabilization clips on the XXX's?  If they go back to that set up for like a 31.5 type shoe I am not buying these.

Wow, this is an unbelievable fail for JB!  Russ basically refused to wear them without this change (I'm assuming).  For your flagship shoe to be unwearable by your main sponsor equates to 100% failure in terms of delivering a performance shoe.  If he could have tolerated it for the season, he would have b/c of the message this change sends.  They probably would have been better off having him wear a different model than making this change....ouch!

It might explain why we were seeing him in 30s during the preseason. This is very interesting. I like how the shoe looks with the different sole/midsole, personally. Obviously, people would have just called them 30.75 Jordans.

Yeah, I think it actually looks great with that midsole.  Though I always hated that the 29 sole didn't have air in the heel; I expect for casual use, the 31 is more comfortable due to the zoom in the heel.  Too bad it doesn't perform well enough for real players to actually want to wear...

These post [emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji][emoji]128128[/emoji] lol

Well I'm not fat nor slow, but I'm 5'3 285 lbs of pure muscles and I move like Steph Curry, maybe a little faster and lighter on my feet (They call me boulder curry on the court)

I also play in the post a lot but I prefer to run the ball when I take the ball from my teammates.

I have noticed no slippage whatsoever and these fit my needs almost perfectly. The only thing is the size issue, they were a little tight on my toes so I got a size 14 and they fit perfectly.
eek.gif
 Sneakergearz revealing his nt identity via tale of the tape

eek.gif

If you are fat and slow, how bad is the traction going to be on these?
Well I'm not fat nor slow, but I'm 5'3 285 lbs of pure muscles and I move like Steph Curry, maybe a little faster and lighter on my feet (They call me boulder curry on the court)

I also play in the post a lot but I prefer to run the ball when I take the ball from my teammates.

I have noticed no slippage whatsoever and these fit my needs almost perfectly. The only thing is the size issue, they were a little tight on my toes so I got a size 14 and they fit perfectly.
You're a hybrid between a defensive lineman and a horse jockey, but you excel at basketball? And they said LeBron was an athletic freak...

it could just be that he prefers the XX9-XXX midsole outsole. Those are some of the best performance shoes ever. Its hard to switch to a new shoe after them at least for me it is.

He could be the reason the XXXs resembled the XX9s so closely on the first place. Maybe he requested the exact same setup.

Purely speculation obviously. 

it could just be that he prefers the XX9-XXX midsole outsole. Those are some of the best performance shoes ever. Its hard to switch to a new shoe after them at least for me it is.

He could be the reason the XXXs resembled the XX9s so closely on the first place. Maybe he requested the exact same setup.

Purely speculation obviously. 
It could be..........but considering multiple sneaker YouTubers have made complaints about the traction and now Westbrook has swapped out the mid and outsoles for the older ones from the 29 and 30, the argument against the 31s' traction seems to heating up even bigger at this point.

Westbrook hasn't outright said anything though, so we cannot confirm whether he hates the 31's traction (also means we can't deny if he hates them either)

Michigan. That yellow pair is the new super.fly.
Oh got it, so these must be the home ones and the other pic of the Michigans are the road ones? Where's this pic from by the way? I searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

Edit: Nevermind, I see it's popped up a few places now. It was originally posted by the UM Women's Basketball team, I wonder if it's not a "home" version but rather just the women's version?

Last edited:

Hero. Wish this was available before I bought an extra pair to ship to Mache for my UNDFTD customs, but I'm returning my pair I bought for myself on release day and buying these instead for the $30 savings.
Buy it and return that pair to NDC. They're all the same pairs 

Buy it and return that pair to NDC. They're all the same pairs 
I had the pair I sent to Mache shipped directly to him so I didn't have to pay shipping to get it to him. I guess I could ask him to return them and then I send him a different pair, but that's so much hassle it's whatever at this point. I'm happy I'm saving the $30 on my personal pair though.

I had the pair I sent to Mache shipped directly to him so I didn't have to pay shipping to get it to him. I guess I could ask him to return them and then I send him a different pair, but that's so much hassle it's whatever at this point. I'm happy I'm saving the $30 on my personal pair though.
Just get the ***** pair and return those when they come to NDC. Nike will be none the wiser. Its the same shoe. Same packaging 

Man, they are either not trying or just seeing what they can get away with . Would it be that hard to make it a black weave on the toe? They could be killing this model with a few small changes.....smh

What has worse traction? These or the Kobe 11 with translucent outsole? For those who owned both

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom