The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Well, MJ hasn't been playing in the NBA since 2003. Only himself could make them popular like he did it when he was playing in them.

MJ doesn't have to play in them, just be snapped in them and people go nuts. I wanted to buy a pair of true blue 1 mids that had been sitting and was waiting to get them on discount. Then MJ was out somewhere wearing that cw, pictures surfaced online and within a day or two max, the shoes were all gone. Don't regret missing out though.

Last edited:
Don't really collect anymore but still check in from time to time. Thinking about picking up a pair of the black toes. How do the 31's fit? Are they true to size, large, small? I am in that 12 / 12.5 / 13 range depending on how they fit. Just not sure which size to grab.

Don't really collect anymore but still check in from time to time. Thinking about picking up a pair of the black toes. How do the 31's fit? Are they true to size, large, small? I am in that 12 / 12.5 / 13 range depending on how they fit. Just not sure which size to grab.
I have pretty wide feet and I had to size up .5 from my usual 9.5 to a 10 for these. For comparison, I have Black/Red and Black Toe 1s and they fit great in 9.5. My Space Jams are 9.5 and they fit fine. My TB3 are 9.5, but I wish I had a 10. I sized up to a 10 for the IX and those fit fine. I also wear a 10 in AM 2016/2017 and a 10 in Nike Basketball shoes.

Hopefully that helps.

I have pretty wide feet and I had to size up .5 from my usual 9.5 to a 10 for these. For comparison, I have Black/Red and Black Toe 1s and they fit great in 9.5. My Space Jams are 9.5 and they fit fine. My TB3 are 9.5, but I wish I had a 10. I sized up to a 10 for the IX and those fit fine. I also wear a 10 in AM 2016/2017 and a 10 in Nike Basketball shoes.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the references. For the pairs of J's I still have (sold off my collection about 7 years ago), I have the bred XI in 12.5, bred IV's in 12.5 and the cool gray IX in 12's. I actually originally has sz 12 in the XI, but had to sell them and get a 12.5.

The tough part is that I tore my achilles a few years ago, so since my right achilles is a little thicker now I had to move to a 12.5 because of that. Usually I would wear a 12, but after the injury a normal size 12 is a little tight on that foot.

The local Footlocker has some SJ 31's in stock in sz 12. Maybe I will run over there and try those on to get a feel for the sizing.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks for the references. For the pairs of J's I still have (sold off my collection about 7 years ago), I have the bred XI in 12.5, bred IV's in 12.5 and the cool gray IX in 12's. I actually originally has sz 12 in the XI, but had to sell them and get a 12.5.

The tough part is that I tore my achilles a few years ago, so since my right achilles is a little thicker now I had to move to a 12.5 because of that. Usually I would wear a 12, but after the injury a normal size 12 is a little tight on that foot.

The local Footlocker has some SJ 31's in stock in sz 12. Maybe I will run over there and try those on to get a feel for the sizing.
You might need that 13 then. There's extra padding in the heel/Achilles area on the 31. Make sure you wear high socks too.

You might need that 13 then. There's extra padding in the heel/Achilles area on the 31. Make sure you wear high socks too.

Lot's of rubbing on the heel with shorter socks? That is why I don't wear my IV's all that much. The back tab constantly rubs up against my achilles.

I'm in the same boat. My true size is 13, but I got the Chicagos with the intention to hoop in the them and I like my hoop kicks to be nice and snug, so I went with 12.5. It was the right decision as 12/13 would have been too short or long respectively. I do have a narrow foot, so I double sock to help fill out the body of the shoe, but that makes the toe area a bit tight.

Hope this helps.

If you're able to get to a store and try a 12 or 13, you should know where you stand for sure.

I'm in the same boat. My true size is 13, but I got the Chicagos with the intention to hoop in the them and I like my hoop kicks to be nice and snug, so I went with 12.5. It was the right decision as 12/13 would have been too short or long respectively. I do have a narrow foot, so I double sock to help fill out the body of the shoe, but that makes the toe area a bit tight.

Hope this helps.

If you're able to get to a store and try a 12 or 13, you should know where you stand for sure.

Was able to get to my local Footlocker. They had one pair of SJ 31's in size 12. The size 12 fit perfect. The employee was actually begging me to buy them. Apparently it is the only pair they have left. The left shoe is on the shelf and people keep asking them for sizes.

Lot's of rubbing on the heel with shorter socks? That is why I don't wear my IV's all that much. The back tab constantly rubs up against my achilles.
Looks like you were able to try on a pair today. I could tell they would rub like crazy when I tried them on for the first time, so I would never even attempt to wear them with shorter socks.

How was the fit on the pair you tried on?

Sup NT fam! Anyone know a site that has the Banned 31's for the low?? Looking for a size 10.5. Just can't do these for retail. Thanks in advance.

Sup NT fam! Anyone know a site that has the Banned 31's for the low?? Looking for a size 10.5. Just can't do these for retail. Thanks in advance.

I don't know any websites but DTLR locations have them for like $99 or $109

Looks like you were able to try on a pair today. I could tell they would rub like crazy when I tried them on for the first time, so I would never even attempt to wear them with shorter socks.

How was the fit on the pair you tried on?

The 12's fit real good. Even had a little room to spare. I think it is the wider toe box that helps out. I will say that when trying on the SJ's, they were some of the most comfortable J's that I had ever put on. Ended up picking up the black toe's online from DSG. Had a $100 gift card from my employees.

Last edited:
Did everybody cops the Banned 1s? I slept on them, but after scooping the SJ's on christmas and then having the chicagos already, and seeing the banneds popping back up, I'm really not sure which pair I want next, its either the banneds or the supernova's...thoughts?

Did everybody cops the Banned 1s? I slept on them, but after scooping the SJ's on christmas and then having the chicagos already, and seeing the banneds popping back up, I'm really not sure which pair I want next, its either the banneds or the supernova's...thoughts?
I would try and hunt down a pair of the fine prints if i were you, iam now kicking myself for sleeping on them when it came out and at that time i even have a $20 vip that i could have used but still passed on them thinking other better colorways are coming out, so far it is still the best cw and all the stores around me are dried up

With all the pe's having solid soles I feel like they gotta be getting a few ready for the public too :nerd:

Is this another Conley PE?

Also, glad to see Biyombo wearing the blue PE too. I lumped him and Jeff Green together under the PE list under "Orlando Magic," just like I did with Charlotte's players since they all got the same three PEs.

Back
Top Bottom