The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Just recently started seeing the appeal of a couple colorways of these.

Need a pair of the all stars BAD. Lol

Anyone kno if these have hit sales anywhere?

Im guessing not. I can barely find em.

Also holdin out for the backboards...

Anyone notice that the ASG 31 outsoles look different than the other ones? feels like its a more solid outsole.. thoughts?

Backboards were at finish line and Ndc for about 100 a little while ago

Are the CP3.X's really that good on court? Most of the boys are wearing them instead of the 31's

They are pretty good especially considering they go down in price real quick and real deep too.

Cushion and traction are good, support is decent and it doesn't look too terrible, it actually looks somewhat unique and not a typical Team JB.

Anyone notice that the ASG 31 outsoles look different than the other ones? feels like its a more solid outsole.. thoughts?

I've got the ASW ones and they're still a translucent sole which usually means lesser traction. Its the Black Cats that are solid white.

To the person asking about the CP3s to me the front sole cushion feels quite firm, not as nice as xxxi but I bought a size up and put in an insole. I like them because the sole feels very sturdy, I don't know the proper name but there's a part of the sole that is wider than the rest so you have a solid grounding for pushing off laterally. I found it to be the opposite of the Kyrie which have soles you can roll up on which is apparently by design but not great for someone like mines injury history...

Last edited:
Lol nah you know where my allegiance lies when it comes to that other team! I'll hit a few of my homies tho....

Sorry for my ignorance... but are XXXIs ever likely to go on Nike ID?  Highs or Lows?

I missed all but the ASW, just ordered the black toe even though I don't even like them that much!  The CNY are impossible to get in Europe in anything bigger than about size 6, would have loved those in a 12.  But if I could customise, I reckon I'd be in for another 3 or 4 pairs - the fit is amazing for me.

Sorry for my ignorance... but are XXXIs ever likely to go on Nike ID?  Highs or Lows?

I missed all but the ASW, just ordered the black toe even though I don't even like them that much!  The CNY are impossible to get in Europe in anything bigger than about size 6, would have loved those in a 12.  But if I could customise, I reckon I'd be in for another 3 or 4 pairs - the fit is amazing for me.

Very unlikely. Especially at this point.

Here in Europe, the two you are after seem to be the ones with lowest sales. The ASW are still available in most sizes on nike Europe site, and the shattered backboard ones there's loads on other sites and eBay.
The black cats launched in Europe within about 10 days of the ASW so I think that's affected sales.

Why Westbrook has a Hybrid 31s...

According to Oklahoma City Thunder equipment manager Wilson Taylor:

Westbrook is unbelievably attuned to the tiniest details of his shoes. He has his own personal rack at the practice facility. “Most guys, I can just bring a pair of shoes,” the Thunder’s equipment manager, Wilson Taylor, told me. “Russell wants a certain pair. He knows which are for games, which are for practice. He determines which shoes are coming on a road trip.” When Nike sent Westbrook its latest model, the Jordan 31, he wasn’t happy with the sole flexibility, so he asked the company to build him a special hybrid using the previous model’s sole. Even in that custom shoe, however, the insoles aren’t thick enough for Westbrook, so Taylor replaces each of them by hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom