The Official Kobe X iD thread

At least Nike had the courtesy of sending emails when the MC 9s were delayed.

As I stated in my earlier post, Nike botched this release IMO.  They should have been released early to mid December (not this late in the cycle with the 11 dropping weeks later and the Christmas holiday).

Those orders were mishandled poorly on their part.  It sucks for those who placed orders immediately and were cancelled, or haven't heard anything.  It's been one month as of this day.

If I can recall, the same happened with the 9. Glitch orders placed after the 9s sold out were processed and shipped out before others.  

I don't blame those that want to cancel due to non communication.  I just held out until my order was started, or I was getting a code.  Either way I was getting something out of this fiasco.

That's how I feel. Bought a size 12 from FB for $280. Then after speaking my mind to Nike the last week I received a 20%, 10% and 15% discount code. Like you said, I wasn't getting nothing out of this fiasco

It's like deadlines at a business. If a deadline is set for let's say supplies, I don't give a damn what, when or the manner in which you do it. As long as I get my supplies by the deadline given. Hell you can even start making them 2 days prior then fed ex them the next day so that I get them by the deadline. Would be the same as starting to make them a month prior. Again. Just my opinion. Just me. Not directing to anyone.

Agree 100% . I think the thing that was getting to people was them seeing pairs in hand from orders placed at a later date, followed by cancellation emails. It hasn't been the smoothest of releases but hey as long as I get my pair on time I'll be cool. Also it seems like the past few Kobe x id ( mc, mamba color) were made pretty quick so maybe we got a little spoiled

People tripping out because it seems like they got virtually cut in line with orders placed after getting their products first and that's a completely understandable frustration. What is NOT understandable is this expectation that Nike do ANYTHING at all correctly. They are a HORRENDOUS company that has succeeded at marketing in a social media driven world of hype and indulgence. Nothing about Nike and I do mean NOTHING about Nike is done efficiently or intelligently with the exception of marketing. Deal with it or move on. Lol

I don't knock anyone's opinion but people who are the "deal with it or move on" type are the reason companies and businesses get over on us like they do. That was kinda my point in cancelling.. Telling Nike they aren't going to do me just any sort of way. Do they care? Of course not. But my expectations of service will be met or I'ma say or do something about it

People tripping out because it seems like they got virtually cut in line with orders placed after getting their products first and that's a completely understandable frustration. What is NOT understandable is this expectation that Nike do ANYTHING at all correctly. They are a HORRENDOUS company that has succeeded at marketing in a social media driven world of hype and indulgence. Nothing about Nike and I do mean NOTHING about Nike is done efficiently or intelligently with the exception of marketing. Deal with it or move on. Lol

Funny how most of us say that but then we will be at a retailer tomorrow buying a new release. I just look at it this way, if you don't want to overpay, get a Kobe venom shoe. Or wait till I wear mine a few times and you can buy them from me for a lower price. I upgrade you upgrade.

Looks a scene out of a horror movie. Lol
roll.gif

I don't knock anyone's opinion but people who are the "deal with it or move on" type are the reason companies and businesses get over on us like they do. That was kinda my point in cancelling.. Telling Nike they aren't going to do me just any sort of way. Do they care? Of course not. But my expectations of service will be met or I'ma say or do something about it

People that are the "deal with it or move on type" are exactly what needs to happen, you being included in that bunch. There just needs to be a hell of a lot more "move on" parts of that equation, move on away from Nike. I've slowly detached myself from the brand, basically buying an iD every so often but that's about it.

Funny how most of us say that but then we will be at a retailer tomorrow buying a new release. I just look at it this way, if you don't want to overpay, get a Kobe venom shoe. Or wait till I wear mine a few times and you can buy them from me for a lower price. I upgrade you upgrade.

That sir is called addiction, lol! Will power is not strong in all of us.

That last line is exactly how I feel. As a customer you should feel like the retailer should not only offer quality product but also come through with quality customer service when something doesn't go right.

Last edited:
Just got my shipped email on my non-cancelled pair - volt tongue and volt speckles. Happy, but wish I had got both.

As far as the whole debate, I know it's been said, but they should have just dropped these as a regular release, the stock build, and it all would have went so smooth. Woulda been some salty folks, but none of the hurt feelings over lack of updates, extended delays, cancelations, etc.

Back
Top Bottom