The Official Kobe X iD thread

Yeah i prefer the black lining.. Have you tried to paint the kobe logo with angelus? I am debating on painting it black
Nah haven't tried any paint, that actually wouldn't be a bad idea. I might have to look into that, I'm just awful with that kind of stuff though, this would be me after trying to paint just the logo

Nah haven't tried any paint, that actually wouldn't be a bad idea. I might have to look into that, I'm just awful with that kind of stuff though, this would be me after trying to paint just the logo
laugh.gif
 That's me too!

Almost as good as the other picture you did with the Kobe X Grinch ID's on all those computer screens. 
laugh.gif

lol.... Cant be that hard though... Would be pissed if paint got on another part of the toungue tho...

if I ever try to take paint to any of my shoes I be sweating and my hands would be shaking. Somebody find a gif for this. Lol. Props to all the custom sneaker heads.

laugh.gif
 this would be me with a paint brush
LOL you guys are cracking me up! It does help to have a background in art and design for customizing sneakers. For me its just taking the leap in starting a pair...I have a hard time doing that. But once you start you have to finish. Wait....
laugh.gif

Speaking of paint jobs, what type of non-Angelus brand paint would you guys use for the tongue? Acrylic paint? Fabric paint?

Anybody painted the logo as well as the reptilian parts on the side of the tongue? Wonder if that'll be a good or bad look.

Honestly, the Angelus stuff is pretty cheap. Like $30 for a starter kit (12 colors and 5 brushes) or buy individually for a couple bucks per color. Pretty sure everyone is using it for custom work. Just go that route. Its a proven product.

As far as the tongue....I have only done the logo and a couple swooshes on the medial side. I think it would be difficult to do since the scales are so small and not as recessed as the shuzoku. Less room for error but if you do it post some pics!!! Would like to see how it turns out.

Quick question. On the GITD soles, how long does it glow? I know for GITD toys if I let it sit for a few hours in the sun it glows all night.

Speaking of paint jobs, what type of non-Angelus brand paint would you guys use for the tongue? Acrylic paint? Fabric paint?

Anybody painted the logo as well as the reptilian parts on the side of the tongue? Wonder if that'll be a good or bad look.
I have used regular acrylic paint on my pairs and it has been fine. I get the paint that is already premixed so that it is not as thick. Most bottles go for about $6. I did both of these pairs with non angelus paint a couple months ago and they are still fine.
View media item 1964794View media item 1964799

Cheers for all the tips, fellas. The brand of acrylic paint I bought is Liquitex. Bought a black and a gold color. Black for my Beethoven 10 ID and gold for multicolor IDs. Intend to do the shozoku only....no confidence yet to paint the scales 
laugh.gif

Anyone know where to find replacement laces for these? I know the originals are gonna be hard to find so just looking for something that looks good at this point...

So is eBay the only place where I can cop X IDs online?

Returning my DS 5 rings to NDC, the elite low GR colorways were so bad

drill sergeants, mambacurial, 5 rings, opening nights, chesters.....IDs so much better

Ragrets on the Grinches. I hated on them from the get go too. But not willing to pay that resale price for them.

Back
Top Bottom