The Official Kobe XI NikeID Thread - Elite & EM available now

I vote you make it spin slower
laugh.gif

+1

Getting anxious to get my first pair shipped, been "Build Complete" since Tuesday. Gotta be shipping soon I hope.

Pulled the gun on these ID's a couple days ago, but after reading the comments and replies I might be a bit worried.  I used a translucent outsole with a university gold color.  Based on the rendering of the ID the bottom of the shoe outsole is university gold, but the sides are still clear, almost like there's a paint on the bottom sole through the translucent outsole.  We will see what they look like when they show up, if the whole outsole is university gold it might ruin the design I had in mind, which would really blow.

Last edited:
Pulled the gun on these ID's a couple days ago, but after reading the comments and replies I might be a bit worried.  I used a translucent outsole with a university gold color.  Based on the rendering of the ID the bottom of the shoe outsole is university gold, but the sides are still clear, almost like there's a paint on the bottom sole through the translucent outsole.  We will see what they look like when they show up, if the whole outsole is university gold it might ruin the design I had in mind, which would really blow.

View media item 1882457

View media item 1882458

View media item 1882459

View media item 1882460
I'm beginning to think that the bottom of the sole is actually the color of the midsole and it's showing thru the translucent outsole. Also why do they limit most of the outsoles to the white/black uppers? Doesn't make sense unless they premade a lot of them. Can't even use the gitd photo blue unless its black/white upper.

I'm beginning to think that the bottom of the sole is actually the color of the midsole and it's showing thru the translucent outsole. Also why do they limit most of the outsoles to the white/black uppers? Doesn't make sense unless they premade a lot of them. Can't even use the gitd photo blue unless its black/white upper.
That is a good question, but maybe the GITD outsoles are specifically made to look good on a white/black upper and based on other testings possibly that the GITD sole doesn't look good on some of the other colorways.  I just noticed there was a ton more options on the outsole when I went to a solid black upper.  That is crazy, but I also wouldn't of known if you hadn't told me cause I was pretty set on making a Lakers Tribute from the start. 

That is a good question, but maybe the GITD outsoles are specifically made to look good on a white/black upper and based on other testings possibly that the GITD sole doesn't look good on some of the other colorways.  I just noticed there was a ton more options on the outsole when I went to a solid black upper.  That is crazy, but I also wouldn't of known if you hadn't told me cause I was pretty set on making a Lakers Tribute from the start. 
I'm just waiting to see others who chose the translucent colored outsoles to see what it looks like. Hopefully yours turn out pretty good.

How long was it between the Almost Finished email to shipping?
1 day for me, have you checked UPS my choice?  My tracking information showed up on there the same day I received my almost finished email.

Last edited:
1 day for me, have you checked UPS my choice?  My tracking information showed up on there the same day I received my almost finished email.
Damn, nice turnaround. Yea I got UPS my choice, Nike has my pair at "Build Complete" for a week now. I ain't gonna get bent out of shape, just like come on already.

Bit the bullet and ordered a couple pairs similar to my Kobe IX IDs—

My Kobe IX IDs:

Here are the similarly colored Kobe XI IDs that I ordered on Saturday:

Bright Crimson

Volt

Orange gold fade actually looks decent, despite being sprayed on

Looking forward to even more shots of the white upper

Back
Top Bottom