The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I still need help please.

On my old PC, all my music in my iTunes was synced through my external HD. Now that I have a MacBook, I put all my music on its HD so I don't need to use the external. I copied the iTunes folder and everything, playlists show and all, but all the music in iTunes must be located. I've added my Music folder to the iTunes library, but all it does is create new copies to iTunes and all the broken files are still there and none in my playlists. Someone help! 
frown.gif

backup all the music you have to that hard drive. delete everything from your oibrabry and your itunes music folder off the computer so you start itunes with a clean slate. go to iTunes>Preferences>Advanced, and change the itunes folder location to a filepath of your choice. Then copy the music off your external to your computer.

I've done that, and even did it again just now. iTunes still full of broken files. Anyone/anything else? 
nerd.gif

On my old PC, all my music in my iTunes was synced through my external HD. Now that I have a MacBook, I put all my music on its HD so I don't need to use the external. I copied the iTunes folder and everything, playlists show and all, but all the music in iTunes must be located. I've added my Music folder to the iTunes library, but all it does is create new copies to iTunes and all the broken files are still there and none in my playlists. Someone help! 
frown.gif

backup all the music you have to that hard drive. delete everything from your oibrabry and your itunes music folder off the computer so you start itunes with a clean slate. go to iTunes>Preferences>Advanced, and change the itunes folder location to a filepath of your choice. Then copy the music off your external to your computer.

I've done that, and even did it again just now. iTunes still full of broken files. Anyone/anything else? 
nerd.gif

that's strange. check the file path of the music in your itunes and see if they all match up. Maybe your library is saved in multiple locations

frown.gif

nerd.gif

that's strange. check the file path of the music in your itunes and see if they all match up. Maybe your library is saved in multiple locations

When I look at their info, I notice that the music's paths are still towards my external HD.

frown.gif

nerd.gif

When I look at their info, I notice that the music's paths are still towards my external HD.

they have to match up exactly though. For example, Say in iTunes, you're routed to external HD>My Music>iTunes>iTunes Music, it has to be exactly the same way on your HD. also, verify that the files on your HD actually carry data and aren't sized at zero KB. You might need to delete the .xml file and the iTunes Library file before you reimport everything as well

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

dope thread..

10ngimh.png

pimp.gif

EDIT - yo dunks, how do you get that document, music, and app. container icon on your dock? good lookin out...
Dude that's a sweet wallpaper, where is it from?

I have something similar that I made on nike basketball's site when they had a lebron promotional thing, but they took it off

Present to myself for starting Med School
happy.gif

KLIPSCH S4I HEADPHONES W/REMOTE-USA
Ships: within 24 hours
Delivers: Jul 27 - Jul 28

INCASE NEOPRENE SLEEVE PLUS 17 - BLK-ZML

THULE CROSSOVER BACKPACK 15" BLACK-USA
Delivers: Jul 27 - Jul 29

IPOD TOUCH 8G-USA

MBP 17/CTO (i5, 500GB 7200 rpm HDD, 8GB Ram)
Custom configured
Ships: 1 - 3 business days
Delivers: Jul 28 - Aug 3

APP FOR MACBOOK PRO - COL/AE--USA

^^ pretty good & congrats
pimp.gif
... can't help myself ... but why not the i7 processor ...

i just got the MBP 15' stock ... i love that thing to death ...

can someone explain to me why a 2000$ laptop only has a 320gb hard drive ... i'm looking @ websites and i can get a ton more space for $25 more than the $75 320gb hard drive in my system
indifferent.gif
oh and how does Iwork not come w/ my system as well
indifferent.gif

other than that ... prolly my best purchase in a long time ... if anyone needs an app recommendation ... i'm prolly gonna put a list of what i have soon ... just got done installing final cut pro, cs 5 master collection, and bento 3 ...

i hate iphoto btw ... once i'm done organizing it, i'll be using aperture 3.

can yall list your favorite applications on ur macs

^^ 
eek.gif

Congrats.  And excuse my ignorance but if you're just about to start med school, shouldn't you still be broke for now? 
laugh.gif

just copped a 13" MBP... this is my first Mac after years on a PC. Anyone got any recommendations on what programs to install first? I already installed NTFS for Mac and Maczip. thanks for the help! I love this thing, going to get a little getting use to.

New iMacs
084520-newimacs.jpg

The new iMacs all feature dedicated graphics cards rather than relying on slower integrated graphics chips. A breakdown of the new models is provided here:

$1199 / 21.5" / 3.06GHz Core i3 / 4GB / 500MB / ATI Radeon HD 4670
$1499 / 21.5" / 3.20GHz Core i3 / 4GB / 1TB / ATI Radeon HD 5670
$1699 27" / 3.20GHz Core i3 / 4GB / 1TB / ATI Radeon HD 5670
$1999 27" / 2.8GHz Quad-Core Core i5 / 4GB / 1TB / ATI Radeon HD 5750
+$200 27" / 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Core i7 BTO option

New Mac Pros
085449-mac_pro_led_display.jpg

Apple today announced an update to its Mac Pro line, offering up to 12 cores of processing power for up to 50% greater performance than the previous generation. The new Mac Pro also ships with new ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics hardware, with the Radeon HD 5870 available as a build-to-order-option.
Also available for the first time are standard display connectivity of two Mini DisplayPorts and one dual-link DVI port, as well as build-to-order options for 512 GB solid state drives (SSD).

Base configurations include:

- $2499: 1x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core / 3GB RAM / 1 TB HD
- $3499: 2x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core / 6 GB RAM / 1 TB HD

12-core options at either 2.66 GHz or 2.93 GHz push the starting price to $4999. All models are set to begin shipping in August.

New 27" Applce Cinema Display
085851-27inch.jpg

Apple also announced the release of a new 27" LED Cinema Display featuring a resolution of 2560x1440. The latest Apple screen features an iSight video camera, microphone and speakers.
The 27" display also features a 16:9 aspect ratio, a MagSafe charger as well as a 3-port USB 2.0 hub. An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen's brightness based on the lighting conditions.

The new LED Cinema Display will be available in September for a price of $999. It requires a Mac with Mini DisplayPort connectivity.

Apple has also dropped the price on its existing 24" LED Cinema Display to $799 from its previous $899 price point, although it appears that Apple may be phasing out that model as stock clears. Finally, Apple's aging 30" Cinema HD Display continues to be available priced at $1799, but that model is also available only while supplies last.

New Apple "Magic Trackpad"
084021-magictrackpad_500.jpg

The new accessory supports a full set of gestures, including two-finger scrolling, pinching to zoom, rotating with your fingertips, three-finger swiping and four finger recognition. Meanwhile, tapping or double tapping on the surface initiates clicking.

The Magic Trackpad connects via wireless Bluetooth and is powered by two AA batteries. Apple has also launched a $29 Battery Charger to keep charged AAs ready for use. The Magic Trackpad sells for $69.00 and is shipping immediately.

New Apple Battery Charger
125214-apple_battery_charger.jpg

One of Apple's more interesting product announcements today was its Apple Battery Charger, designed to keep the company's increasing array of wireless peripheral devices powered up. While we briefly mentioned the release in our coverage of Apple's new Magic Trackpad that utilizes the rechargeable AA batteries Apple is now offering along with the charger, the batteries and charger themselves bear some closer examination.
The company also points to the AA batteries themselves, which are designed to maintain a full charge through hundreds of charge cycles and last up to ten years. The batteries also maintain their charge while simply sitting in a drawer, retaining up to 80% of their charge after a year on the shelf. Six of the NiMH AA batteries are included with the charger.

As is to be expected, the Apple Battery Charger offers traditional Apple styling, offering the same rounded white plastic design as other power devices from the company, while also utilizing the same removable plug with fold-up prongs to allow for interchanging adapter fittings.

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

anybody have any experiences with Incase hard shell case for mbp?
i will let you know when i get home from school. I just copped the white one from work for $23 :tongue:imp

Originally Posted by anabolic dunk

anybody have any experiences with Incase hard shell case for mbp?

I got the clear one from speck it keeps it from denting thata for sure, and when you lay it down a hard flat service you'll know it will keep it from denting and scratching on the sides. I do open up the case to clean out the dirt and keeping my macbook looking fresh. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dynasty Raider

^^ 
eek.gif

Congrats.  And excuse my ignorance but if you're just about to start med school, shouldn't you still be broke for now? 
laugh.gif

Well I'm pretty blessed to have family that can take care of that. Seeing my fellow classmates in their first semester already 120k in debt is kind of crazy. I was really wanted the screen space, which is why I opted for the 17" and also I don't need it to be that portable. I go to class in the morning and usually don't move from that spot for like 10-11 hours.

To the cRazy Dav0, I don't really think I needed the i7 which sounds hypocritical since I went with the more expensive RAM upgrade but using parallels and other programs that we use here for online lectures are really memory intensive so I figured that'd be better for me. The i7 performance is better, but not by much. Anyways it gets delivered day after tomorrow, but I wont be home from school for another 3 weeks (yeah i got a little impatient). Ill post some pictures then. No better felling that a new Macbook. Mac heads understand.

What caught my attention is the battery recharger, I got to pick that up this week.

My itunes just got hacked this morning, charged about $60 to it, I heard some people got charged liek $500-$1000.

New to mac and a buddy was telling me that mac always creates logs, anyone know if this is true and how i can clean up my macbook.

Back
Top Bottom