The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by megatron

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Anyone who upgraded to Lion from snow leopard wanna speak about problems they've come across. I got 3:

1. Battery went from 7 hours to like 3-4. 
indifferent.gif

2. Battery health is at 92% , I've had my mac for 6 months. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

3. My linksys router goes out everyday and I have to powercycle it to get it to work again. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Anyone else suffering from things like this?

When your battery life was 7 hours what were you using it for? I can still get 4-6 on low brightness, web browsing only. on my 2011 15" Pro. It becomes low if i try to use photoshop or stuff like that though.

My battery health is 95% and I got my computer mid march 2011. 121 cycles. I think both yours and mine are normal for it to be that way. You probably take it off the charger every day or something right?

My router has become crappier too but I don't think that is because of Lion.

I wish i still had snow leopard
tired.gif
I haven't changed my use, i program a little now for school using eclipse school but other then that i just browse on Chrome and use Itunes with it. I have 115 cycles forgot to mention, but my battery didn't start degrading till i upgraded to Lion, and I see other people on the Apple forums reporting this. And yea my router is the only one that messes up, the one at my dad's place and at my school don't go out. I've been considering downgrading back to snow leopard, but i'm afraid once they finally fix the issues, i won't be able to download it for free again...

Anyone who upgraded to Lion from snow leopard wanna speak about problems they've come across. I got 3:

1. Battery went from 7 hours to like 3-4. 
indifferent.gif

2. Battery health is at 92% , I've had my mac for 6 months. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

3. My linksys router goes out everyday and I have to powercycle it to get it to work again. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Anyone else suffering from things like this?

When your battery life was 7 hours what were you using it for? I can still get 4-6 on low brightness, web browsing only. on my 2011 15" Pro. It becomes low if i try to use photoshop or stuff like that though.

My battery health is 95% and I got my computer mid march 2011. 121 cycles. I think both yours and mine are normal for it to be that way. You probably take it off the charger every day or something right?

tired.gif
I haven't changed my use, i program a little now for school using eclipse school but other then that i just browse on Chrome and use Itunes with it. I have 115 cycles forgot to mention, but my battery didn't start degrading till i upgraded to Lion, and I see other people on the Apple forums reporting this. And yea my router is the only one that messes up, the one at my dad's place and at my school don't go out. I've been considering downgrading back to snow leopard, but i'm afraid once they finally fix the issues, i won't be able to download it for free again...
If you purchased Mac OS X Lion through the App Store. You can re-download Lion under the account you made the purchase. If your MBP came with Lion, you cannot downgrade to Snow Leopard.  Keep in mind, that if you downgrade to Snow Leopard, you have to do a complete Erase and Install of your HD.
And with your Linksys router, have you checked with Linksys if there was any firmware released regarding Lion? I know there have been problems with certain routers needing a firmware upgrade to be fully compatible with Lion. Check out Linksys' site, they may have a solution to it.

Stay Lurkin: Max you can upgrade your RAM on is 8GB. Confirmed through the Apple Support Site looking up the specs on all 2011 Macbook Pro's.

If you are looking for an alternative to purchase RAM, crucial.com is a good third-party option. Never had a problem with them and many people purchase Ram from them.

Safari or Firefox?
Been too lazy to download it.  I use Firefox at work/home (desktop), so I'm comfortable with it.  Only use Safari on my iPhone and MBP.  

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Safari or Firefox?
Been too lazy to download it.  I use Firefox at work/home (desktop), so I'm comfortable with it.  Only use Safari on my iPhone and MBP.  
chrome and firefox, depends on which websites im on

Somehow my startup drive is full and i've only had the mac for 2 months
indifferent.gif

how can I delete some stuff to make room??
nerd.gif

how are your guys battery life while running lion? I'm only getting like 4-5 hours before I have to recharge it. When I was running snow leopard, my battery would last 1-2 days before I had to recharge it. This @#$% is killing my battery

Would you guys recommend getting a battery off ebay from Hong Kong?

My battery is done. lasts 10 minutes off the power supply.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Somehow my startup drive is full and i've only had the mac for 2 months
indifferent.gif

how can I delete some stuff to make room??
nerd.gif
get a program called omni disk sweep ti see whats taken up so much room

Could someone point me in the right direction to customize my MBP desktop ? 
 i.e. guides, icons, and do you guys still use candybar 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by gunitg23

nerd.gif

candybar for icons and docks

bowtie for the little itunes widget that shows on the desktop with the album art

and that's about it

anything beyond that i'm scared to mess with cause i personally am new to mac, my first one.

Originally Posted by gunitg23

nerd.gif

candybar for icons and docks

bowtie for the little itunes widget that shows on the desktop with the album art

and that's about it

anything beyond that i'm scared to mess with cause i personally am new to mac, my first one.
Props 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

tired.gif
If you purchased Mac OS X Lion through the App Store. You can re-download Lion under the account you made the purchase. If your MBP came with Lion, you cannot downgrade to Snow Leopard.  Keep in mind, that if you downgrade to Snow Leopard, you have to do a complete Erase and Install of your HD.
And with your Linksys router, have you checked with Linksys if there was any firmware released regarding Lion? I know there have been problems with certain routers needing a firmware upgrade to be fully compatible with Lion. Check out Linksys' site, they may have a solution to it.

Stay Lurkin: Max you can upgrade your RAM on is 8GB. Confirmed through the Apple Support Site looking up the specs on all 2011 Macbook Pro's.

If you are looking for an alternative to purchase RAM, crucial.com is a good third-party option. Never had a problem with them and many people purchase Ram from them.
Thanks for the info, guess i'll just wait for a Lion fix, don't feel like having to reinstall everything
indifferent.gif

And ill check the linksys site for an upgrade right now.

Whats the best program to rip stuff off of your ipod with? I've been using music rescue but that ad that pops up every 50 songs asking for a product key is slowing things down and its a real pain when youre trying to rip 1000s of songs off an ipod. Every other program I've looked up (iRip, Sentui, Xport) requires you to have a product key for the full version. Does anyone have another program they use that doesnt require a registration key in order to use it fully?

When I drag icons over into candy bar it doesn't show the new image. Just a piece of paper lol
Edit: Example

vy319f.png

Back
Top Bottom