The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Added 4gb of ram (Total of 8gb now) to my 2010 MBP but I'm not seeing much speed increase.

Anything I should do to change this?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by crowelliowa34

the new MacBook Pro 15 is not much better than the old one that came out last year really i was debating of selling mine and grabbing the new one no used to really

This is basically what I came in to ask everyone...
My macbook 2007 is on it's final days, so I'm looking to upgrade, but I wanted to wait until they have a nice update.  From what I have gathered, Apple usually releases Macbooks twice a year, but 1 is usually just more ram and storage correct?  Anyways, if anybody could explain if the new Macbooks are worth buying or if waiting until 2013 would be a smarter move. 

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Added 4gb of ram (Total of 8gb now) to my 2010 MBP but I'm not seeing much speed increase.

Anything I should do to change this?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If you're looking for a speed boost, upgrade to an SSD.

Originally Posted by freshKRN

Just copped

41Wx0DJftBL._AA300_.jpg

51YSN0OJE2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

about to cop some RAM after i pay this speed ticket off
30t6p3b.gif

I just put in that same caddy yesterday. I was running just a 120GB Intel 320 SSD for about 2 months and space was getting a little cramped and it was annoying carrying around an external. Now I have the original 500GB hard drive in the caddy for all my files and the SSD for the OS, Apps, and Virtual Machine. Very happy with the setup.

1a873.png

Not going to lie, it was a little scary changing it out. I took out a screw I shouldn't have
laugh.gif
but luckily it all worked.

My battery life suffered a lot with the optibay (probably due to listening to music all the time). Prices are low enough where you can get a 240GB SSD for under $200. I would recommend that route it you have less then 200gb already on your HD.

Played around with the 15" retina MBP a few days ago it was cool, Can't wait til they make a 13in" retina
pimp.gif

Have a MacBook Pro... Just bought an Apple TV.... Problem is, when I am using the remote for the apple TV it is controlling my MacBook when they are in the same room...How do I get it to stop controlling the MacBook??? Loving Apple TV and I would jailbreak it but my cousin gave me all his Hulu, Netflix, NBA league pass info

So I was about to buy/install Mountain Lion and then I read that Airplay mirroring isn't supported on my mid-2010 MBP?!

WTF is that?!  A 2-yr old computer isn't supported?  WEAK.  Airplay was one of the main reasons I wanted to upgrade (I still have Snow Leopard).  Same goes for PowerNap, which is a feature I would've used a lot.  

I am disappoint.  

Back
Top Bottom