The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

My cycle count is 5 
laugh.gif
 I need to use my mac more...

But its safe to say Im not updating to El Capitan anytime soon

Anyone sell a Mac on Craigslist before? I`m about to sell my 13 in Retina joint and I know on Ebay the Fees and Shipping will gank me for like 100-150 bucks, And then there is Mac off All Trades which offers a peace of mind and no extra fees but they of course offer less than you would make selling it on your own.

Gonna get a lot of flakers and lowballs on CL, but if you don't need the money asap and aren't in a rush to sell you'll eventually get really close to what you're asking for it.

I'm on a 2009 that is overheating and still on the original HD. It's just time, I need to figure out what I'm going to get this year. I really don't want to put a new one on the credit card though.

I'm on a 2009 that is overheating and still on the original HD. It's just time, I need to figure out what I'm going to get this year. I really don't want to put a new one on the credit card though.

When you get ready to make a move you should sell your old one on Craigslist or Turntronics to offset the cost.

When you get ready to make a move you should sell your old one on Craigslist or Turntronics to offset the cost.
I'll do that, thanks for the info. Do you think I should go used or just buy a new one? If going used, whats a major thing to look out for and/or beware of?

Gonna get a lot of flakers and lowballs on CL, but if you don't need the money asap and aren't in a rush to sell you'll eventually get really close to what you're asking for it.

Yea, I stopped selling iPhones on there because I`d get all these scammer bots and stuff, I`m thinking a laptop would be worst I may just toss it on Craigslist for a Week and see what happens.

I'll do that, thanks for the info. Do you think I should go used or just buy a new one? If going used, whats a major thing to look out for and/or beware of?

This is an excellent question. I'm all for buying new but if you buy used I would focus on macs that are about 3-4 years old. They will be plenty fast and you can still upgrade the memory and the hard drive. As far as what to look for, I think the battery is important but this CNET article is useful.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/tips-and-checks-for-buying-a-used-macbook/

Magsafe finally went out on me over the weekend, after being used since August 2014. Groupon has a deal right now on Magsafes for around $30. I ordered one, so I hope it's legit. Picked up one from the Apple Store in the meantime.

I really want to get a new Macbook thats thinner and lighter. Was thinking about the new retina MacBooks that come in space grey, but my Pro has been steamrolling up to this point.

I just don't want to replace it. Its a tank :smokin

But I don't want to lug it around everywhere also. Those new retina MacBooks look so good

Last edited:
Speaking of Office 2016, has anyone successfully gotten an Exchange account set up on Outlook? It tells me I have the wrong user/pass when I most definitely don't. I'm using the struggle that is the OSX mail app (with the same settings) :smh:.

Speaking of Office 2016, has anyone successfully gotten an Exchange account set up on Outlook? It tells me I have the wrong user/pass when I most definitely don't. I'm using the struggle that is the OSX mail app (with the same settings)
mean.gif
well your first problem is using Outlook. 
sick.gif

But I heard El Capitan is still working out some bugs with Office 2016. It isn't fully stable yet.

Speaking of Office 2016, has anyone successfully gotten an Exchange account set up on Outlook? It tells me I have the wrong user/pass when I most definitely don't. I'm using the struggle that is the OSX mail app (with the same settings) :smh: .

well your first problem is using Outlook. :x

But I heard El Capitan is still working out some bugs with Office 2016. It isn't fully stable yet.
:lol: Any alternatives you'd recommend?

Anybody messages on their macbook not working since the last update? I updated my mac last night and today its not working saying my contacts are offline. Yall think its something I needa fix or a bug from the update?

bought a 2015 mbp open box from best buy, got a 10% discount (I think this is standard but idk)...loving it!, I gave my gf the space grey macbook, I did nottt like it at all for me

Back
Top Bottom