The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

My MBP stopped working last night.

Took it in for an "inspection" that will take 2 weeks +

screen stopped working :'(...R.I.P to the old and R.I.P to my wallet.
15" MBP here at 2700 euros =(

Question: if my old MBP stopped working....how can I put all my music, photos, movies, applications, firefox bookmarks, etc, etc on a new MBP? (note: oldMBP:10.4 - new MBP:10.5)

Got damnit. My iMac went ape %*+% on me last night for no reason. One minute I'm watching a movie...next minute...my browser crashes and I try to re-openit...nothing happens. Then I notice I can't open up ANYTHING. If I try to open up any application the icon just bounces on the dock a couple of times andthen stops without the program opening. So I re-start...now I get the White Apple screen with the scrolling wheel underneath it for a long time...then itswitches to the blue screen...then it takes like 15 minutes for the Mac OS X loading bar to pop up and after it fills up...nothing happens. OS X will not loadat all and I can't get to my desktop. What the hell happened?

^^
mine was acting up,

my gf cat just jumped on the table and spilled a cup or some drink on my macbook, turned off by itself and wont turn back on,
bout it less than 2 month ago, paid cash, ima take it in, anyone knows whats goonna happend???
ohwell.gif
gotta use my gfs laptop for a bit

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Yo, guys....I'm doing a video and i just want to put some commentary...so

External Mic? or the Macbook's built in mic?

why not just this internal joint?

Yea like previously said Safari 4 is fast..I mean dumb fast O yea what do you guys' use for a mouse cause the mighty mouse is horrible...my scroll balldoesnt even work anymore

Random question about Safari...does the 'Forum Jump' drop down not work for anyone else? Is there some setting I can change? Not a big deal...justannoying.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by mjbetch

^ haha yeah. yo the hdmi cable that im using right now is on sale at monoprice.com for 1.73 or something like that. it's great.

and yes you'd need another cable such as an RCA to 3.5mm to hook up to a receiver or something. that's what i do.

check this out.

but of course the DVI woudl instead be Mini DVI

nice pix..... what kinda camera is that
eek.gif
haha thanks bro. it's a fisheye lens

Originally Posted by joesarge

Random question about Safari...does the 'Forum Jump' drop down not work for anyone else? Is there some setting I can change? Not a big deal...just annoying.

Only works on FF, i think

Originally Posted by sammy305

i want to make my desktop black to insert a pic...don't know how to do so..
thanks in advance
system preferences > desktop & screen saver > and change the color to black

Is anyone else having issues with Firefox today or has had any issues starting it up?

I've been getting this when I start it....

2h5iiq0.png

14vh1fc.png

I've tried uninstalling Firefox and then re-installing and it keeps doing the same thing.

*edit*

Nevermind, figured it out. My homepage was set up as ",Y". No wonder why it would error out.
laugh.gif

Anyone operating on 2GB ram? I'm about to upgrade to 4GB on my MBP as my projects/assignments are getting larger and larger. Does it provide significantspeed upgrade?
Also about to purchase a 23 inch display and 2 of the 7 inch Mimo displays. My gf just picked me up a bamboo tamblet, and the parents got me a 1TB Hard Drive.Making moves on my system.
Eventually going to invest in a tower, but that's at least a year down the road.

Apple skips event, quietly unveils new iMacs, Mini

iMacs: Ranging in size (as before) from 20 to 24 inches, the new iMacs all come with processor and graphics bumps, with the 24-inch iMac now priced the same asthe old 20-inch model ($1,499). The new 20-inch iMac ($1,199) now comes with a 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB of RAM, a 320GB hard drive and Nvidia9400M graphics, while the 24-inch version delivers a 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB of memory, a 640GB or 1TB hard drive, and Nvidia options rangingfrom 9400M integrated graphics to GeForce GT130 or ATI Radeon HD 4850 discrete graphics for "ultimate performance" (as Apple puts it).

Mac Mini: Yes, it's back, and it looks like all those spy shots were real after all. The new, $599 (for starters) Mini indeed comes with five rear USB 2.0ports, as well as a Mini DisplayPort and a mini-DVI port. Specs for the revamped mini start with a 2GHz Intel Core Duo 2 processor, up to 4GB of RAM, a 320GBhard drive, a FireWire 800 port, and a DVD-burning SuperDrive. Apple also crows that the Mini burns less than 13 watts when it's idling, making it"the most energy efficient desktop in the world."

Mac Pro: The beefy Mac Pro has always been the alpha male of the Mac desktop line, and the new version flexes its muscles with new Intel "Nehalem"Xeon processors, running at speeds up to 2.93GHz, along with Nvidia GeForce GT120 discrete graphics or an optional ATI Radeon HD 4870 graphic card. The new MacPros (starting at $2,499) also come with Mini DisplayPorts and DVI ports, five USB 2.0 ports, and four FireWire 800 ports.

Airport Extreme, Airport Express, and Time Capsule: Apple's line of wireless base stations, along with the Wi-Fi enabled, hard drive-equipped Time Capsule(designed to work with the "Time Machine" backup feature in Mac OS X Leopard) get a couple of new features, but not much else. First up: Simultaneousdual-band Wi-Fi on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, good for boosting overall wireless performance and range. Next: Guest networking, a feature that lets you createlimited-access guest accounts on your protected Wi-Fi network without exposing all your private directories. The main Airport Extreme base station sells for$179, the portable Express is $99, and Time Capsule is $299 for the 500GB model, $499 for the 1TB version.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/40900

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

Anyone operating on 2GB ram? I'm about to upgrade to 4GB on my MBP as my projects/assignments are getting larger and larger. Does it provide significant speed upgrade?
Also about to purchase a 23 inch display and 2 of the 7 inch Mimo displays. My gf just picked me up a bamboo tamblet, and the parents got me a 1TB Hard Drive. Making moves on my system.
Eventually going to invest in a tower, but that's at least a year down the road.
i went from 2GB to 4GB on my SR 2.2mbp. i didn't notice much of a difference until i started to heavily use my computer. granted you mightnot necessarily need 4GB, if you can get 4GB for cheap, might as well.

it would make a bigger difference if you had a faster processor such as a 2.4 or 2.6.

remember, RAM doesn't necessarily determine how fast your computer runs. although it helps, your processor is what you should be looking at.

by the way, how do you like the bamboo tablet?

WD has mac HDDs. and i believe they are around the same price. i have a laCie 500GB HDD and i've never had any problems. i might end up getting 1TB timecapsule because i already filled up the 500GB and my router is a POS.

on another note, i uninstalled Safari 4. can't believe how incredibly slow it was.

Back
Top Bottom