The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

anyone other help with my 15in macbook pro overheating? I run activity monitor and smcFanControl, still overheats like crazy. I literally have no apps open and it still does this.

Originally Posted by kicksnmusic

anyone other help with my 15in macbook pro overheating? I run activity monitor and smcFanControl, still overheats like crazy. I literally have no apps open and it still does this.

what year macbook pro you have.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

got it jan '09 it's the late 08 aluminum body one. 

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

got it jan '09 it's the late 08 aluminum body one. 

Do this.....Its called SMC restart, it restarts the hardware components back to normal.

Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove

Note: Learn about removing the battery on MacBook and MacBook Pro.

1.Shut down the computer.
2.Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
3.Remove the battery.
4.Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
5.Release the power button.
6.Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
7.Press the power button to turn on the computer.

More info

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

Originally Posted by JewelKnows

After the update when i browse NT on Safari its all white. Any idea how to fix that?

Same here. its very annoying.

Yea not sure what happened. I was trying to figure out how to reinstall safari, maybe that may be the problem. 

Does anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do to fix it? Or does anyone know how to maybe downgrade safari then update it again?

Thanks

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

SMH that buying this isn't a second though for a new mba 13" both with be purchased next month...http://eshop.macsales.com...%20Computing/SSDAPAE480/

ebe2598ec79edada2e6ec0e2631895346afbf48.gif
 at that price. you're basically buying a new computer just for some extra space 
853157e596ab25e1e6f076e431e417ee8471782.gif
. If you got it though go for it. 
I know right...it is pricey, but internal SSDs will be pricey for a little while. seeing as how I got some extra funds coming my way soon it doesn't hurt me. But I do need to look into the external SSD route as well. Regardless, a Macbook Air with 480GB SSD 
pimp.gif
thats just ridiculous
eek.gif
even if i had the money to blow i dont think i could do that.

post some benches when you get it, im curious to see the performance

i want an i7 11" MBA. shame on apple for not making 128GB SSD and 4GB RAM standard. seriously 2GB in 2011?

I've been thinking about making the switch from PC to Mac. I own an iPod and iphone 4 and these products alone have sold me on owning any Apple product. I'm doing a little amateur digital photography and I here that Mac's work very well w/ Photoshop.

Can/will anyone provide an un-bias suggestion on making the switch? I'm an IT professional and I'm knowledgeable of the hardware specs but I'm still having a hard time making the decision. School a brother, please, lol.

EDIT:  I figured it would make more sense to list the main things I plan to use my mac for; see below:

Photo Editing
Video Editing
Music composing/editing
Web browsing

Originally Posted by ToAnotherLevel

I've been thinking about making the switch from PC to Mac. I own an iPod and iphone 4 and these products alone have sold me on owning any Apple product. I'm doing a little amateur digital photography and I here that Mac's work very well w/ Photoshop.

Can/will anyone provide an un-bias suggestion on making the switch? I'm an IT professional and I'm knowledgeable of the hardware specs but I'm still having a hard time making the decision. School a brother, please, lol.

EDIT:  I figured it would make more sense to list the main things I plan to use my mac for; see below:

Photo Editing
Video Editing
Music composing/editing
Web browsing

Probably biased but I've been using a mac since '06 and will never buy a PC ever again.

If you're into photography I think it's worth it.

Photoshop, Aperture or Lightroom are good for editing photos.

For ITT stuf you can dual boot Windows

Mac is like an industry standard for music production and video editing

Most people in the music production use cubase, ableton, or logic studio

Same with DJing if you're into that

If those are the activities you do on a computer I don't see why you haven't bought a mac already to be honest.

Hardware is not Apples selling point unless you're just into the aesthetics, the user experience is what makes people stay.

Just do it if you have the money.

Anyone notice with Lion its become more memory intensive? And my laptop will heat up alot faster. I only have up Chrome and Photoshop. Like the #%$+.

I got my first Kernal Panic for my 13" Mac Book pro. I was just browsing facebook while listening to a song from a youtube video. Should I worry?

So far I have had to shut off my computer about 14 times since I've had Lion installed and it all has to do with Youtube or Vimeo for some reason. Sometimes when I click on an embeded video, it will just freeze up everything but my mouse. This is super annoying considering my old iMac had this issue.

Does a dock icon set of Victoria's secret models' heads exist?
nerd.gif

I'd love to have that or something similar in my life
pimp.gif

Is there no way at all to set the macbook to NOT go to sleep when I close the lid? It's not really that much of a problem, but I connect to my work VPN and when I close my lid, the macbook goes to sleep and disconnects me from the VPN and I have to connect back to it after opening the lid... Very annoying....

Originally Posted by derrty6232

Is there no way at all to set the macbook to NOT go to sleep when I close the lid? It's not really that much of a problem, but I connect to my work VPN and when I close my lid, the macbook goes to sleep and disconnects me from the VPN and I have to connect back to it after opening the lid... Very annoying....

In Ubuntu there is power management option where what happens when you close the lid is. I think there is something similar in mac. 

man, my mac was going very very slow yesterday for the first time ever and now it will not let me throw stuff in the trash
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Originally Posted by Zyzz

man, my mac was going very very slow yesterday for the first time ever and now it will not let me throw stuff in the trash
frown.gif
Restart your computer.
ill try that but its also give me error code while doing it as well. 1407

Back
Top Bottom