The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

So I got snow leopard to upgrade from lion buy my computer is saying it can't be installed because I don't have enough ram. How can I clear some ram space? I tried deleting some files but that didn't work. Help please!

Are u trying to upgrade to Lion? If so, your processor won't support the operating system. You need a Core 2 Duo or better. Not sure if ur coming from Tiger or going to Lion. Kind of hard to understand based on what was posted.

Originally Posted by QuestLife

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

So I got snow leopard to upgrade from lion buy my computer is saying it can't be installed because I don't have enough ram. How can I clear some ram space? I tried deleting some files but that didn't work. Help please!

Are u trying to upgrade to Lion? If so, your processor won't support the operating system. You need a Core 2 Duo or better. Not sure if ur coming from Tiger or going to Lion. Kind of hard to understand based on what was posted.

my bad I meant tiger.. or whatever ancient operating system was out back in 2006 lol. I'm trying to upgrade that to snow leopard. Now I'm running into RAM problems.

so if you had lion you have to pay for mountain lion? lol that sucks i was gonna buy lion last month but didn't

crucial ssd drives were on sale this week via tiger direct shoulda copped one, crucial makes the best mac harddrives/ram

mountain lion looks like a problem!

hope it fixes the wifi issues because since i updated to lion last summer its been f'ed up
30t6p3b.gif

Mountain Lion with apple TV with mirror screen? Nice now I cant watch my movies on VLC on my HDTV. Too bad AppleTV is only rate 720. ANy updates towards that?

Originally Posted by Icecixz

Mountain Lion with apple TV with mirror screen? Nice now I cant watch my movies on VLC on my HDTV. Too bad AppleTV is only rate 720. ANy updates towards that?

rumors saying when they introduce the new ipad with retina display they will introduce 1080p itunes content, they are also probably working on a new apple tv 

Originally Posted by quik1987

If you have a ps3 you could just use ps3 media server
PS3 is stubborn when it comes down to playing certain .mkv files. VLC plays everything!

I agree with the article/image posted above. Mountain Lion looks like a joke. Lion at least had a few genuinely useful upgrades in it. ML looks like the setup I already have... except Apple branded.

Had to un-install and download Firefox again. Is there a way I can go back to the old interface I had? this new interface is wack.

Hey guys, need a little help.

Is there a way to sync my iphone to a new computer? The new computer is going to be my primary one for a while, but I want to be able to sync my iphone and add music, etc via the new computer. How would I go about doing this without losing everything?

hey guys , i just got my first mac, 11 inch air, what apps should i download on it . or what do you reccomend? 

Can't update to Lion/Mountain since my system isn't 64 bit. Sticking to Snow Leopard. For those of you who really want those new features, there are plenty of apps that already have them.

Here's one -- 

Simplenote (iOS) + Notational Velocity (Mac) = easily view and edit notes that sync automatically via wifi 

or

Notes (iOS) + Mail (Mac) = you can view and edit your notes directly on your mail client

There are other note taking apps like Evernote (iOS/Mac) with different features like categories also. 

Same for the calendar, it can be synced wifi through Gmail or by itself 

just picked up an iMac but was really on the fence and still am whether I should of got this or a MBP.  I prefer desktops, but thought maybe having a Windows PC desktop and MBP laptop would just give me the best of both worlds and be convient.   I don't do any gaming, etc...just browsing, music and movies here and there.  I'm probably looking for a more long term fix, I had my last desktop for 7 years with no issues at all until the last month or so it started dying on me.  

Did anyone ever find a fix for the whole lion wifi issue thing? Its becoming an annoyance

Originally Posted by Antidope

Did anyone ever find a fix for the whole lion wifi issue thing? Its becoming an annoyance
i re-created my wi-fi network from scratch. I use WPA-AES security if it matters...

Any of you guys do any app development? I`m thinking about copping an iMac now lol ( already got MBP)

Also any of you guys got a Airport Extreme, I got a Netgear wireless N joint but its like 5 people in my crib that all use the web and the performance isn't as good as it use to be.

Originally Posted by KicksBoyWonder

Originally Posted by KicksBoyWonder

Every time I open itunes, I get this window:

What's the problem and is there a fix?
Anybody?
eyes.gif

1st check if iTunes > Preferences > Sharing > Require Password selected? If so turn it off.

2nd Do a search with Spotlight for ".plist" (should be in your Itunes music folder within another folder labeled "Downloads.) In that list (should be very long) there should be a file named com.apple.itunes.plist. Delete that file by dragging it from the Spotlight list to the Trash. Don't worry if you drag the wrong file and delete it, as these are preference files that recreate themselves when you launch an application.

Back
Top Bottom