The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Just figured out how to take a screenshot. Here is mine, not as high tech as some of yours, but it works for me. I love this machine for messing with it for about 3 hours.

How do I get it to be as big as the regular screenshots???
When you upload it dont resize it too small.

[h3]Snow Leopard Videos Demonstrating Several New Features Surface[/h3]
Monday May 18, 2009 04:20 PM EST
Written by Eric Slivka
Brazilian website MacMagazine links [Google translation] to YouTube user LeopardOctober, who has been posting video previews of new Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard features. Many of the features have already been described, but the videos provide examples of the features in use.

In HD + NEW - Snow Leopard Build 10A261: Demonstrates "Put Back" feature that restores trashed files to their original locations, Finder window slider for resizing icons, Stacks "drill down" navigation, the ability to play videos directly within their Finder icons, automatic date and time stamping of screenshots in the file name, organization of the Services menu by type, and a new preference pane within Keyboard & Mouse offering expanded keyboard shortcut configuration. Several of these features were described several months ago.

Dock and Substitutions - Snow Leopard Build 10A261: Illustrates the ability to easily assign applications to specific Spaces directly from their Dock icons, and "Substitutions", which offer several auto-correct/auto-format features and expansion of the Data Detectors feature that automatically finds text such as dates and times and automatically provides links to operations in related applications such as iCal.

Finder Preferences - Snow Leopard build 10A286: Shows Finder preference allowing default searches to cover the entire Mac, the currently open folder, or whatever the previous search scope was.

QuickTime 10 - Snow Leopard build 10A286: Runs through the menus present in the new QuickTime Player and illustrates the "Trim" feature and Save/Export options. Details on the new QuickTime have been trickling out for the past several months.
http://www.macrumors.com/2009/05/18/snow-leopard-videos-demonstrating-several-new-features-surface/

[h3]Popular 'Braid' Game Now Available for Mac[/h3]
Wednesday May 20, 2009 05:59 PM EST
Written by arn
A very popular Xbox video game has made its way to the Mac. Braid for Mac was released today alongside a free downloadable demo. The full version costs $14.95.
Explore the human condition and manipulate time in the lush, painterly world of Braid, a puzzle-platformer that takes you from a house in the city on a journey through a series of worlds to solve puzzles and rescue the princess.
Braid is described as a puzzle/platformer created by independent developer Jonathan Blow. The game was released to Xbox Live Arcade in August 2008 to critical praise and commercial success. The game sold over 55,000 units (~$825,000) the first week and went on to become the second-largest selling Xbox Live Arcade game in 2008.

One unique element to the game was the use of time control that could allow you to rewind your actions. The game was ported to the Mac by Hot Head Games.
We’re doing our part to help Mac users experience the latest great games: Braid for Mac is now available! Braid is one of the coolest indie games to come out recently. Not only does it feature a unique and beautiful painterly art style, it also has some really innovative gameplay mechanics.

Looks pretty fun, I may have to go cop this asap!
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Whats up with my screensaver showing pictures of random faces in the background..... can I make it stop doing this.. I like the photo collage for myScreenSaver.. but I just want complete photos...

What site can I buy a 2 gig RAM stick for my MacBook Pro? It came with 2gb and I want 4 or 3 gigs of RAM. What site is the cheapest and can someone point me inthe right direction? Because I do not want a wrong kind of RAM. Thank you all and I am now in love with my MacBook Pro.

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

What site can I buy a 2 gig RAM stick for my MacBook Pro? It came with 2gb and I want 4 or 3 gigs of RAM. What site is the cheapest and can someone point me in the right direction? Because I do not want a wrong kind of RAM. Thank you all and I am now in love with my MacBook Pro.
www.crucial.com

Anybody else having problems with iWOW?
i click on demo but it gives me an error noise.

Forget it, force quit FTW.

Doc ill pm ypu after im done with finals, good looks with everything man def. appreciated.

[h3]Apple Tablet Coming in 2010?[/h3]
Thursday May 21, 2009 10:19 AM EST
Written by Eric Slivka
Silicon Alley Insider reports on a note from Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster claiming that Apple's rumored "media pad" or tablet computer will not arrive until sometime in the first half of 2010. Munster also claims that the device will be more dramatically different from the iPhone and competing netbooks than most analysts and investors are expecting. The complexity of the operating system, reported to be a hybrid between the iPhone OS and full-blown Mac OS X, is apparently the primary factor holding up release of the device.
Don't get your hopes up for one of those devices this year, Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster writes in a note today. While Munster thinks Apple is indeed working on these sorts of devices -- running a third version of OS X "more robust" than the iPhone but optimized for multi-touch screens -- he thinks they're not going to launch this year, as some had predicted.

"We expect the development of such an OS to be underway currently, but its complexity, along with our conversations with a key company in the mobile space, leads us to believe it will not launch until CY10," Munster says.
AppleInsider provides additional detail on Munster's report, revealing that the tablet is expected to be priced in the $500-$700 range and thus bridging the gap between the iPod touch and the entry level MacBook. The tablet would utilize a display somewhere between 7- and 10-inches and would be well differentiated from existing netbook offerings, which Apple has repeatedly said it has no interest in duplicating due to the poor user experience such devices offer.
More specifically, the analyst said these investments will likely culminate with the launch of a touch-screen tablet with a display somewhere between 7- and 10-inches at a special event sometime in the first half of 2010. Such a move, he added, would be consistent with management's comments that Cupertino-based company has no interest in catering to the existing segment for "cheap" miniaturized notebooks and its spoken desire to differentiate in a market currently dominated by cramped computers with razor thin margins and a subpar user experience.

Interesting..

Damn, nice stuff. And when else are supposed to charge your Mac besides at night?

I wish I was so devoted to my Mac as I am to my iPhone, I guess I will come around, this MBP is a beast
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I do want that Firefox icon Slater, how do I go about doing that?

right click, get info.... right click the icon at the top.... then copy..... repeat steps but paste to the 1 u wanna change

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

Either an App called Candybar or do it the manual way.
Manual Way:
1. Copy Icon (Apple+C)
2. Get info of App (Apple+I)
3. Click icon on the top-right of Get Info screen
4. Paste Icon (Apple+V)
Manual way cannot change the Icons of some System icons like Finder and Trash. To change those you need Candybar.

And seeing that your a Dubs fan I got Warriors and bunch of Sports Icons in my Gallery at DA
http://kneenoh.deviantart.com/gallery/#Icons

Either an App called Candybar or do it the manual way.
Manual Way:
1. Copy Icon (Apple+C)
2. Get info of App (Apple+I)
3. Click icon on the top-right of Get Info screen
4. Paste Icon (Apple+V)
Manual way cannot change the Icons of some System icons like Finder and Trash. To change those you need Candybar.

And seeing that your a Dubs fan I got Warriors and bunch of Sports Icons in my Gallery at DA
http://kneenoh.deviantart.com/gallery/#Icons

GOOD @!*@ NINO!!

John Gruber of Daring Fireball posted weighs in with hissources about what the upcoming iPhone revision will entail. His list of details corresponds closely with many of the circulating rumors.

Gruber believes the next iPhone processor will indeed be a "next generation" processor that will bedisproportionately faster than clock speed alone would have you believe. Indeed, we've heard that the next iPhone will use the Cortexprocessor.
Quote:
[table][tr][td]Let's say the rumors are right - and I believe they are - that the next-generation iPhone's CPU will be running at 600 MHz. In the same way that, say, a 90 MHz Pentium was more than 1.5 times as fast as a 60 MHz 486, the 600 MHz CPU in the next iPhone will be more than 1.5 times as fast as the current 400 MHz iPhone CPU.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Along with an additional 128MB ram (256MB total), this should result in faster app launches, faster webbrowsing, and overall performance. Storage will, of course, increase to a max of 32GB also in-line with rumors.

On case design, he suggests that the new cases changes will be subtle and retain the current iPhone's form factor.Circulating rumors of a magnetometer and video editing are also believed to be true:
Quote:
[table][tr][td]What the new iPhone's video capabilities might lack in terms of image and sound quality will be made up for by two things: convenience and software. Convenience in that the best camera is the one you have with you, and if you've always got your iPhone, you've always got a camera; software in that iPhone OS 3.0 is set to include basic video editing (think: selecting just the good parts) and uploading features that regular cameras, which aren't computers and which aren't networked, just can't match.[/td] [/tr][/table]
Other interesting tidbits include:

- Minor laptop refresh with branding change calling all aluminum-based notebooks "MacBook Pros" and leaving"MacBook" for the plastic units
- "Heard things" about an iPhone mini 3/4 the size of existing iPhones but not necessarily at WWDC.

While much of what Gruber reports has been circulating for the past few weeks, he is known to have had accuratesources in the past. Apple is widely expected to announce the new iPhone at WWDC which takes place from June 8-12th in San Francisco.

Article Link: 32GB 600Mhz Video-Capable Next GeniPhone? MacBook Pro Rebranding?

Originally Posted by slaterSB

^
i got it off deviant art. ive been slacking on my iphone customization
2h7m41z.png

i'll be missing this.. kinda. leaving the iPhone for the nokia n97.. but most def getting an ipod touch later on.

I went to Bestbuy yesterday to buy a 17" Macbook Pro, but the guy said they were discontinued. So does that mean a new one is coming out?

Back
Top Bottom