The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

I graduate ocs next week. I cannot wait. My orders are in Hawaii after my second leg of training.

I graduate ocs next week. I cannot wait. My orders are in Hawaii after my second leg of training.

anyone do MP ?

i was thinking about joining the national gaurd to become an MP, so it would further help my progress of becoming a Cop or CO.

nerd.gif

anyone do MP ?

i was thinking about joining the national gaurd to become an MP, so it would further help my progress of becoming a Cop or CO.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

if i see you i swear ima fry you slim
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

congrats when u do dork monster.

if i see you i swear ima fry you slim
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

congrats when u do dork monster.

my journey to OCS hit a major snag recently. I admitted to having eczema before going to MEPS and come to find out that might PDQ (permanently disqualify) me. It's a very mild case but I'm still gonna need a waiver. My doctor is writing me a note stating that it's very mild and will not affect my ability to perform in any way. If a minor skin disorder is what's going to stand between me and OCS I'll be heated. 

my journey to OCS hit a major snag recently. I admitted to having eczema before going to MEPS and come to find out that might PDQ (permanently disqualify) me. It's a very mild case but I'm still gonna need a waiver. My doctor is writing me a note stating that it's very mild and will not affect my ability to perform in any way. If a minor skin disorder is what's going to stand between me and OCS I'll be heated. 

< "blockquote>HAM CITY wrote:
Can anybody tell me what kind of finance and accounting jobs there are in the military?

About.com has the most definitive of MOS's. Just google whatever branch and "jobs"

Can anybody tell me what kind of finance and accounting jobs there are in the military?

About.com has the most definitive of MOS's. Just google whatever branch and "jobs"

Originally Posted by solarius49

are you enlisting or going officer

Originally Posted by solarius49

are you enlisting or going officer

Im enlisted, but about.com has lists for both. Im thinking about switching branches when I EAS in a couple months

Im enlisted, but about.com has lists for both. Im thinking about switching branches when I EAS in a couple months

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

what branch? any tips for getting through?
I turned down mine but I did Marine Corp OCS. It was the toughest two 6-week programs I ever did especially the latter.

For the Marine Corp you have to be both Physically and Mentally prepared. At the time I was running a sub 18 minute 3 mile, 20 pull ups and 100 crunches; maxing out my PFT scores.

The reason I turned it down was because I did 6 yrs in the Reserve and got burned out; also I graduated with my EE degree and more money was on the table. Glad I did it though it was a hardcore but great experience.

I did the PLC program FYI, both Jr's and Sr's

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

what branch? any tips for getting through?
I turned down mine but I did Marine Corp OCS. It was the toughest two 6-week programs I ever did especially the latter.

For the Marine Corp you have to be both Physically and Mentally prepared. At the time I was running a sub 18 minute 3 mile, 20 pull ups and 100 crunches; maxing out my PFT scores.

The reason I turned it down was because I did 6 yrs in the Reserve and got burned out; also I graduated with my EE degree and more money was on the table. Glad I did it though it was a hardcore but great experience.

I did the PLC program FYI, both Jr's and Sr's

Does anybody have any experience with any warrant offficer programs? If I stay in that would be what keeps me

Back
Top Bottom