The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

everyone signing up or thinking about signing up please pick something you can do as a civilian job. So many people make this mistake and have trouble when they get out.

^ I honestly dont know. But you should approach it from the perspective of: what do you want to do with your life and then what branch will help you achieve that. Thats how i chose the branch im going after. Certain branches may not be for you. And if neither branch will help you get there...then maybe the military isnt for you. I personally want to get in and stay. Whereas I think a lot of people are looking at it as a fix to their temporary short comings in life right now. So just before you sign up just see if it really fits your lifestyle.

^ I honestly dont know. But you should approach it from the perspective of: what do you want to do with your life and then what branch will help you achieve that. Thats how i chose the branch im going after. Certain branches may not be for you. And if neither branch will help you get there...then maybe the military isnt for you. I personally want to get in and stay. Whereas I think a lot of people are looking at it as a fix to their temporary short comings in life right now. So just before you sign up just see if it really fits your lifestyle.

Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.

Do you think it will be hard to join 11B 2years from now ?

Just in your opinion

Originally Posted by RevTheJedi

U.S. Army 2 1/2 years in, just made E5, currently deployed in Afghanistan. In the Army and Marines (The Marines even moreso) every Soldier or Marine is trained on basic infantry tactics and weaponry, due to the nature of the work being conducted in hostile areas; everyone needs to understand how to defend themselves. However, I would hardly say that every Soldier is an 11B. When the bullets start flying, unless your life is an imminent danger, or you have a line of sight on the target, non-Combat Arms Soldiers generally bunker down and allow those guys to do what they are trained to do. Also, it is very unlikely that leadership will place a a Combat Support Soldier in the position of that of an 11B,13B, 13F etc. It just doesn't happen.

Just in your opinion

just found out there is only 1 billet open for what I want to do. I got the mentality that its mine to loose so I can't %*$+ up. 

damn itll feel good if I get this commission.
pimp.gif

just found out there is only 1 billet open for what I want to do. I got the mentality that its mine to loose so I can't %*$+ up. 

damn itll feel good if I get this commission.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

Which branch has the most jobs that transition well into the civilian world?

it doesn't matter what branch you join
just try to pick a MOS that relates to your civilian job of your choice 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by SdotCAR619

Which branch has the most jobs that transition well into the civilian world?

it doesn't matter what branch you join
just try to pick a MOS that relates to your civilian job of your choice 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Sweettooth 17

I got booked for Aerospace Medical Service 2 weeks ago for the AF
pimp.gif
. Leave for BMT July 26th!

how long did u wait for that congrats btw

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chr1scross

pimp.gif

Thanks and it took me 3 months before I got booked. Alot faster then usual.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

pimp.gif

Thanks and it took me 3 months before I got booked. Alot faster then usual.

air force heads, is it true they hold try outs for spec ops during BMT if someone wants to change their minds or they force someone if they are "showing off" in PT? I was seriously thinking bout TACP but the only thing that made me back off is living with the army but its still in the back of my mind.

air force heads, is it true they hold try outs for spec ops during BMT if someone wants to change their minds or they force someone if they are "showing off" in PT? I was seriously thinking bout TACP but the only thing that made me back off is living with the army but its still in the back of my mind.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Just in your opinion
I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Just in your opinion
I was an 11C in my first 2 years.  Getting in shouldn't be too hard, but being able to stay in and being to stand out amongst your peers is what you should focus on.

People trying to come in now need to realized that the cakewalk into the military (including Army infantry) is over.  The standards are going up and they aren't coming down anytime soon.

I loved the lifestyle, but looking back it a lot of stuff was truly crazy.  Infantry like any other job has it's pros and cons just keep it all in the perspective of what your trying to get out of it.

To answer your question about injuries, Hell Yes.  Being Infantry, you will age at lightspeed. 
It will be your job to hump (walk with your rucksack) on a regular basis for miles upon miles, and if your not humping you will be running.  Your knees and back will hate you.

Back
Top Bottom