The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by FullTech

kane, E-2

if you have a degree, go for OCS. trust me...

everyone tells me that.
AF recruiter told me that the only officer positions available was for aviators and medical. Mind you i was aiming to go AF Reserve and im 30 with a ok job with no benefits.
Need advice NT FAM!!

kane, E-2

everyone tells me that.
AF recruiter told me that the only officer positions available was for aviators and medical. Mind you i was aiming to go AF Reserve and im 30 with a ok job with no benefits.
Need advice NT FAM!!

Originally Posted by mrkane

kane, E-2

everyone tells me that.
Need advice NT FAM!!

what's your degree in?

Originally Posted by mrkane

kane, E-2

everyone tells me that.
Need advice NT FAM!!

what's your degree in?

do you have a family? even if you do...youre getting old. so i would either enlist or just try looking for another job. what do you even want to do in the military?

do you have a family? even if you do...youre getting old. so i would either enlist or just try looking for another job. what do you even want to do in the military?

Kane it depends on how bad you really want this...i have a lot of military ppl in my life and I am also going to be in soon. I am/was in your same position just 5 years younger and minus the family. You can try to wait it out by going the officer route but i think you have to be commissioned as officer by 30th or 35 bday i could be wrong and i am only speaking from a navy perspective. if you and your family can stand you being a way for a good amount of time then I went definitely go take the asvab and sign up for the navy. At your age you should have a lot of experience and knowledge. They have some really cool jobs in IT within the navy. I am sure the air force does as well but i never looked into their enlisted side. The downside to you going enlisted is that you will be away a lot. The upside is that your family will be taken care of (benefits) and you will have a job. I will keep you in my prayers. Are you married have you discussed this with your wife? Even if military dosent work have you tried free lance IT work on the side or applying for government jobs in IT or looking into certifications to make yourself more marketable? It is pretty rough out here so everyone is hurting I wish you the best though.

Kane it depends on how bad you really want this...i have a lot of military ppl in my life and I am also going to be in soon. I am/was in your same position just 5 years younger and minus the family. You can try to wait it out by going the officer route but i think you have to be commissioned as officer by 30th or 35 bday i could be wrong and i am only speaking from a navy perspective. if you and your family can stand you being a way for a good amount of time then I went definitely go take the asvab and sign up for the navy. At your age you should have a lot of experience and knowledge. They have some really cool jobs in IT within the navy. I am sure the air force does as well but i never looked into their enlisted side. The downside to you going enlisted is that you will be away a lot. The upside is that your family will be taken care of (benefits) and you will have a job. I will keep you in my prayers. Are you married have you discussed this with your wife? Even if military dosent work have you tried free lance IT work on the side or applying for government jobs in IT or looking into certifications to make yourself more marketable? It is pretty rough out here so everyone is hurting I wish you the best though.

Appreciate the advice Sole, and my wife and i have been dicussing it. I have been applying for govt jobs but its like the mainly select prior military, which is the only piece to the puzzle i feel like im missing.

Appreciate the advice Sole, and my wife and i have been dicussing it. I have been applying for govt jobs but its like the mainly select prior military, which is the only piece to the puzzle i feel like im missing.

I want to join the air force, but not sure I'll get accepted cos I only have my GED.

I'm also not sure what job I want

I want to join the air force, but not sure I'll get accepted cos I only have my GED.

I'm also not sure what job I want

Anyone know if i can join other branches if i was deferred by a CMO in the Air Force due to an injury. My application got denied until June 2012 due to the injury, was thinking of going Army but don't know if i'm excluded from all branches. Also, i took the ASVAB already, if i decide to pursue joining the Army do i have to retake a test at MEPS? Thanks.

Anyone know if i can join other branches if i was deferred by a CMO in the Air Force due to an injury. My application got denied until June 2012 due to the injury, was thinking of going Army but don't know if i'm excluded from all branches. Also, i took the ASVAB already, if i decide to pursue joining the Army do i have to retake a test at MEPS? Thanks.

PhyzXs- you can still join, get a good score on the ASVAB. study from khanacademy online

jrdnsrnss- you're still allowed to join other branches. you don't have to retake your test.

PhyzXs- you can still join, get a good score on the ASVAB. study from khanacademy online

jrdnsrnss- you're still allowed to join other branches. you don't have to retake your test.

Awesome, thanks. Might talk to a recruiter soon. I'm thinking i should wait for the Air Force but its not even guaranteed i'll get in and i wanna do something already between now and June. Too long of a wait.

Awesome, thanks. Might talk to a recruiter soon. I'm thinking i should wait for the Air Force but its not even guaranteed i'll get in and i wanna do something already between now and June. Too long of a wait.

Back
Top Bottom