The Official Military Thread. Vol 1

So i finally have a physical with MEPS this coming Wednesday. Been such a long wait for me i can't believe it's here. I'm anxious and nervous at the same time, been living at home all my life and have always had mom and pops to back me up when **** hits the fan. Huge step for me leaving home and being on my own. Looking forward to the challenges coming my way.

So i finally have a physical with MEPS this coming Wednesday. Been such a long wait for me i can't believe it's here. I'm anxious and nervous at the same time, been living at home all my life and have always had mom and pops to back me up when **** hits the fan. Huge step for me leaving home and being on my own. Looking forward to the challenges coming my way.

Congrats, but not to burst your bubble, usually when you go to meps, you still have another 5-7 months before you ship out. But either way its a long day and it's pretty much filled with waiting, but when you are done you will be fully qualified for the military :smokin

Congrats, but not to burst your bubble, usually when you go to meps, you still have another 5-7 months before you ship out. But either way its a long day and it's pretty much filled with waiting, but when you are done you will be fully qualified for the military :smokin

Yeah i just came back from my recruiter and he said it'll probably be about 5-6 months until i leave for basic. Filled out all the paperwork for tomorrow, have to be there at 4:45 am. Not staying at the hotel though. Driving straight to MEPS from my house.

as someone who recently went thru MEPS here some tips

-DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO STAY UP
i got busted a few times for falling asleep at MEPS :lol: the day was justt sooooo long so before you get there...drink your coffee...monster..redbull whatever

-BE SOCIAL
alot of ppl @ MEPS are in the same emotional state as you....nervous...scared...apprehensive....chop it up and find out their stories while telling your own..makes the day goes by faster than just sitting there..if you see a group of guys playing cards in the corner, ask to join etc

-BE SOCIAL WITH THE LADIES
dog when i got to MEPS i couldnt BELIEVE how many sexy big booty latina/mixed girls were joining the military :wow: :wow: ...idk how you are with the ladies but chop it up with them too....they're shy looking for a friend to talk to..make connections..bag em up...KEEP IT TOUCH!

im bout to go hoop but when i come back ill drop some more info

i got busted a few times for falling asleep at MEPS :lol: the day was justt sooooo long so before you get there...drink your coffee...monster..redbull whatever
-BE SOCIAL
alot of ppl @ MEPS are in the same emotional state as you....nervous...scared...apprehensive....chop it up and find out their stories while telling your own..makes the day goes by faster than just sitting there..if you see a group of guys playing cards in the corner, ask to join etc
dog when i got to MEPS i couldnt BELIEVE how many sexy big booty latina/mixed girls were joining the military :wow: :wow: ...idk how you are with the ladies but chop it up with them too....they're shy looking for a friend to talk to..make connections..bag em up...KEEP IT TOUCH!

Thanks, yeah i was talking to a few airmen that were at my recruiters office today and they told me don't fall asleep at MEPS. Yeah i'm gonna try and be as social as possible talking to people around me. Day is gonna be so damn long i'll definitely get bored so talking to others will help.

I go on terminal leave next Wednesday, and I will officially be a civilian again August 17th. I think I'll miss the Marine Corps though

-BE SOCIAL

My recruiter told me to say either yes or no but basically answer no to all of the doctors questions. Is this true? Mentioned if they ask you if you've taken vitamins, pain medication, etc say no. I would find it hard to believe if i was the MEPS doctor that someone has never taken an advil, tylenol, etc once in their life. Recruiter just said keep all the answers yes or no and keep it brief to keep it moving onto the next question. Said you don't open yourself up to anything if you were to go in detail. I just find that pain medication question strange. I may just be thinking to much into it but who knows.

-BE SOCIAL

My recruiter told me to say either yes or no but basically answer no to all of the doctors questions. Is this true? Mentioned if they ask you if you've taken vitamins, pain medication, etc say no. I would find it hard to believe if i was the MEPS doctor that someone has never taken an advil, tylenol, etc once in their life. Recruiter just said keep all the answers yes or no and keep it brief to keep it moving onto the next question. Said you don't open yourself up to anything if you were to go in detail. I just find that pain medication question strange. I may just be thinking to much into it but who knows.

just wait till they check your prostate. Most demeaning moment of my life

^:lol: prostate wasnt that bad for me...

well since you had some medical issues it may be different for you but for me I just said no to everything.

but your recruiter is right about keeping it brief...@ MEPS they try to dig deep and find extra **** about you..i thought of it as a day long interrogation

keep it short and sweet

Yeah he said don't be surprised if they look in there :lol: :x. Not looking forward to that but it is what it is.

Bruh, like half the people in my platoon didnt get theirs checked. The dude made me bend over and spread my cheeks

:lol: damn, MEPS for me was chill tho, the hotel they put me in was nice and it came with a meal and it was one of the best burgers if not the best burger that I have ever had in my life. I didnt have a roommate so that was straight, and then breakfast at the hotel was pretty good,and then we just went to the meps alot of sitting and waiting but no one cared if you fell asleep lol.

US NAVY AO 12 years in...should be getting picked up for LDO soon. Can't wait! Bout time we get a thread for all of us Military NT'ers!

Ive been thinking heavy between Joining the Navy or aair force. My boy had gone to boot camp but had some health problems and came back, now that hes gotten it taken care of he told me hes down to enlist again in the navy if im serious bout it.
Now does anyone know of a job that you can translate to after (FBI,CIA) ? Im mostly looking forward to life after but aswell as what im going to focus and work on while on duty.

Ive been thinking heavy between Joining the Navy or aair force. My boy had gone to boot camp but had some health problems and came back, now that hes gotten it taken care of he told me hes down to enlist again in the navy if im serious bout it.
Now does anyone know of a job that you can translate to after (FBI,CIA) ? Im mostly looking forward to life after but aswell as what im going to focus and work on while on duty.

imo Go air force if you really wanna get a job at the fbi cia etc. get an a job that requires a security clearance so an intel gig is your best bet. get a 4 yr degree as well

In the Air Force we have Air Force Specialty Codes (AFSC). The other services call them MOS.

Intelligence is under the 1N series. It has nothing to do with military police. In USMC, MP is career field 57, Intel is 02.

AF Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI) is the equivalent of Army Criminal Investigation Divison (CID). They do the investigations portion of law enforcement. They also work in the area of operations security and counter intelligence. That is the 7S series.

JAG career field is 5J.

Those are the top three that I would suggest to transfer to FBI.

Charles does not know what he is talking about. AF Cops have the full range of law enforcement responsibilities just like Army MPs. They are not just traffic cops, or gate guards.

Air Force is a fine starting point for and FBI career.
Source(s):
Enlisted AFSCs & qualifications - http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforcee…
more info - http://www.airforce.com/careers/enlisted…
USMC MOS' - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Uni…

24+ years service including work with military police, investigators, FBI terrorist task force, drug interdiction task forces, DEA, Postal Inspectors, ATF, Diplomatic Protection, AF & Navy & Army & USMC JAG personnel, etc.

Last edited:
USMC all day
pimp.gif

So i just got back from MEPS and i got disqualified for the same shoulder injury i've been dealing with. I've got zero pain in it and passed every physical test they gave me to test the shoulder yet i still got bad marks, **** doesn't make sense. Air Force counselor at MEPS said we're gonna have to try to get a waiver and send it into the surgeon generals office. I'd like to be optimistic but i just don't see them approving it. They've been so strict regarding this injury its ridiculous. I've been pain free for over a year now yet they still think it's a problem.

Anyone have experience with getting a waiver and how long it takes? Said it can take up to 45 days and that's way too long. Might just go back to school this coming fall semester in case they don't approve it, which i have a feeling they won't.

got a 86 on the asvab! honestly thought I was going to flunk

what are my chances on getting the job I want in the USMC? Looking at crash fire rescue, got a 118 in the MM. 95 or more is the required score...

Back
Top Bottom