The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

Well I heard there's going to be a new game play video out in about ten days.
nerd.gif
 Also we should see more info by march for the PAX east event. I hope they start releasing more combo exhibition video's for every character they revealed so far.When it comes down to marketing MVC3 > mk 9
tired.gif

Well I heard there's going to be a new game play video out in about ten days.
nerd.gif
 Also we should see more info by march for the PAX east event. I hope they start releasing more combo exhibition video's for every character they revealed so far.When it comes down to marketing MVC3 > mk 9
tired.gif

^ True and it's been years since MvC2 and Capcom has a better marketing department. ~

^ True and it's been years since MvC2 and Capcom has a better marketing department. ~

Despite it's long and successful history, one achievement has alluded the Mortal Kombat series; a truly tournament-viable game for players to enjoy for years. Despite the nostalgia associated with classics such as Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, the series was only ever to maintain itself on the tournament scene with sporadic appearances at less known events. Today, the drought officially ends and the upcoming Mortal Kombat, which has promised to breath new life into the series, has been added to the Evo 2011 lineup! During E3, we heard the first rumblings of a game designed with high level gameplay in mind. Series co-creator and project lead Ed Boon stated that while Mortal Kombat has always appealed to the casual player and would continue to do so, the team for the first time was taking aim at a different audience; high level players. Throughout the months since, the community has been witness to some of the most impressive looking Mortal Kombat footage in its history. Fully abandoning the polarizing dial-up combo system, the game features everything required of a true masterpiece in the genre. Special attention has been paid to the engine this time around, from the team answering questions in-depth on the and promising patches post-release if any problems exist. The Evo Championship Series is perhaps the world's best known fighting game competition and the game's inclusion in it assures of it in many others as well. We would like to congratulate the Mortal Kombat team for this achievement! Shoryuken's live podcast Wakeup SRK featuring Mr. Wizard, Evo organizer, confirmed the list as follows:
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Mortal Kombat 9

As it stands, Mortal Kombat will feature only the single player mode. PS3 exclusive character Kratos will likely not be allowed. In addition, when asked about censoring Mortal Kombat's gore and fatalities, it was revealed that would likely be done.

Mortal Kombat making the lineup this year is a great victory for Netherrealm Studios, as a goal of the development team was to reach out to hardcore fighting game players more than they ever had before. However, this victory is only one in what will need to be a long battle. Mortal Kombat will need a tournament following to maintain its place on the Evo lineup in the years to come, and the Mortal Kombat community will need to step up and prove that we can support a tournament-viable game by attending this tournament. The more that show up specifically for Mortal Kombat, the higher the chance the game and its sequels return for Evo each year as other series, such as Street Figther and Tekken, do. So don't take this lightly; support Mortal Kombat by attending tournament events if possible and spread the word Mortal Kombat has arrived on the scene!

2eb16d1f0c1b9e84c2af3efb7d530e0a199eb302.gif

Despite it's long and successful history, one achievement has alluded the Mortal Kombat series; a truly tournament-viable game for players to enjoy for years. Despite the nostalgia associated with classics such as Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, the series was only ever to maintain itself on the tournament scene with sporadic appearances at less known events. Today, the drought officially ends and the upcoming Mortal Kombat, which has promised to breath new life into the series, has been added to the Evo 2011 lineup! During E3, we heard the first rumblings of a game designed with high level gameplay in mind. Series co-creator and project lead Ed Boon stated that while Mortal Kombat has always appealed to the casual player and would continue to do so, the team for the first time was taking aim at a different audience; high level players. Throughout the months since, the community has been witness to some of the most impressive looking Mortal Kombat footage in its history. Fully abandoning the polarizing dial-up combo system, the game features everything required of a true masterpiece in the genre. Special attention has been paid to the engine this time around, from the team answering questions in-depth on the and promising patches post-release if any problems exist. The Evo Championship Series is perhaps the world's best known fighting game competition and the game's inclusion in it assures of it in many others as well. We would like to congratulate the Mortal Kombat team for this achievement! Shoryuken's live podcast Wakeup SRK featuring Mr. Wizard, Evo organizer, confirmed the list as follows:
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV
Tekken 6
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Mortal Kombat 9

As it stands, Mortal Kombat will feature only the single player mode. PS3 exclusive character Kratos will likely not be allowed. In addition, when asked about censoring Mortal Kombat's gore and fatalities, it was revealed that would likely be done.

Mortal Kombat making the lineup this year is a great victory for Netherrealm Studios, as a goal of the development team was to reach out to hardcore fighting game players more than they ever had before. However, this victory is only one in what will need to be a long battle. Mortal Kombat will need a tournament following to maintain its place on the Evo lineup in the years to come, and the Mortal Kombat community will need to step up and prove that we can support a tournament-viable game by attending this tournament. The more that show up specifically for Mortal Kombat, the higher the chance the game and its sequels return for Evo each year as other series, such as Street Figther and Tekken, do. So don't take this lightly; support Mortal Kombat by attending tournament events if possible and spread the word Mortal Kombat has arrived on the scene!

2eb16d1f0c1b9e84c2af3efb7d530e0a199eb302.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Is Evo still in Vegas, Rio? I think I'm gonna go this year.

Yea I think its in Las Vegas. You seen goro's new x-ray move on the video. Its really brutal.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Is Evo still in Vegas, Rio? I think I'm gonna go this year.

Yea I think its in Las Vegas. You seen goro's new x-ray move on the video. Its really brutal.
smokin.gif

Orphaned at a very young age, Liu Kang was raised by Shaolin monks, who taught him the way of the spiritual warrior. They soon recognized his potential as a contender for the Mortal Kombat tournament and rigorously trained him for this task. Raiden, too, understood that Liu Kang was Earthrealm's best hope for freedom and introduced him to Master Bo' Rai Cho to further his development. Once fully trained, Liu Kang bested all challengers and earned the high honor of representing the Shaolin in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He and Raiden then embarked on their fateful journey to Shang Tsung's island to compete in this pivotal kontest.

Orphaned at a very young age, Liu Kang was raised by Shaolin monks, who taught him the way of the spiritual warrior. They soon recognized his potential as a contender for the Mortal Kombat tournament and rigorously trained him for this task. Raiden, too, understood that Liu Kang was Earthrealm's best hope for freedom and introduced him to Master Bo' Rai Cho to further his development. Once fully trained, Liu Kang bested all challengers and earned the high honor of representing the Shaolin in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He and Raiden then embarked on their fateful journey to Shang Tsung's island to compete in this pivotal kontest.

Originally Posted by peanut214

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SoLeCiTy wrote:

CaponeCartels wrote:

No exclusive character for the 360?

HAHA probably dude from Halo.. not really though

Who cares about some lone exclusive character. You can have Krapos. 360 will be getting a whole exclusive fighting game when Killer Instinct 3 is released, and KI > MK back in the day, as well as it will be in modern versions.

roll.gif

Nah, not so much mad as puzzled about why everyone thinks this will be some great game when it looks (and looks to play like as well) as the Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe game. Except that it won't have the DC characters. And that game was mediocre. The only difference I'm seeing is the skeleton x-ray moves.

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SoLeCiTy wrote:

CaponeCartels wrote:

Who cares about some lone exclusive character. You can have Krapos. 360 will be getting a whole exclusive fighting game when Killer Instinct 3 is released, and KI > MK back in the day, as well as it will be in modern versions.

roll.gif

Nah, not so much mad as puzzled about why everyone thinks this will be some great game when it looks (and looks to play like as well) as the Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe game. Except that it won't have the DC characters. And that game was mediocre. The only difference I'm seeing is the skeleton x-ray moves.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SoLeCiTy wrote:

CaponeCartels wrote:

roll.gif

How can you judge a game by how it looks without playing it first.
eyes.gif
  Also there's no dial up combo's in this game so it does make a big difference when you perform a combo. Ohh and by the way this new mk looks great graphic wise and game playwise. Hey there's even some hardcore street fighter heads looking foward to this new mk game. But I do agree that mk vs dc sucked donkey balls
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

SoLeCiTy wrote:

CaponeCartels wrote:

roll.gif

How can you judge a game by how it looks without playing it first.
eyes.gif
  Also there's no dial up combo's in this game so it does make a big difference when you perform a combo. Ohh and by the way this new mk looks great graphic wise and game playwise. Hey there's even some hardcore street fighter heads looking foward to this new mk game. But I do agree that mk vs dc sucked donkey balls
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom