The Official Mortal Kombat X Thread (KOMBAT PACK 2 AVAILABLE NOW FOR PSN & XBL)

its how i get good at 2k.. play on HOF 7 min quarters or longer straight out the box
Fighting games probably have the steepest learning curve, nothing like sports games. It comes down to memory (combos) and precise timing (breaking and counters) or you get punished mercilessly... it's not like missing a jumpshot is gonna give the other team 30 extra points but if you kick at the wrong time you could end up watching half of your health meter disappear.
im no newbie...thats how i learn games period been round since MK1 bruh

D
off the bat no but after a day or so yeah(speaking of mk9...havent had time to play x yet)
Damn, I just play too offensively to be be truly competitive :lol: blocking is an afterthought for me... I dont think I'll EVER beat the CPU on very hard but I can live with that.

While we're on the topic of difficulty, I must say this game feels so foreign to me. I'm coming straight from Injustice so having a block button and a 4 button is so weird lol I did play MK9 but only as a casual gamer.

So have I. ...you can beat the computer on very hard?

You can beat MK2 on very hard with Baraka. If you keep doing his (back, back, low punch) when the cpu gets close they walk right into it. Corner Kintaro and press (low punch) over and over. Then jump in front of Kahn holding down. He'll swing and you uppercut everytime.

Old MK strategy. Ha ha ha

D
off the bat no but after a day or so yeah(speaking of mk9...havent had time to play x yet)
Damn, I just play too offensively to be be truly competitive :lol: blocking is an afterthought for me... I dont think I'll EVER beat the CPU on very hard but I can live with that.
lightweight lying i played at my boys house on xbox one but that was weird(even tho i beat that *** with ermac,kenshi & kung lao) i need to start on my ps4 tonight...

So I played for the 1st time since getting it last night and was drinking with some buddies. I then realized that I couldn't find the 4 extra characters on the player select screen. I bought the Kombat pack, do I have to unlock them?

The kombat pack is for DLC that isn't available yet. You or anyone that bought it basically preordered with no special incentive other than....yeah there was no reason to buy it right away. But when the new characters drop you'll have them on your game as soon as they're available

the curve directly into a finesse

The kombat pack is for DLC that isn't available yet. You or anyone that bought it basically preordered with no special incentive other than....yeah there was no reason to buy it right away. But when the new characters drop you'll have them on your game as soon as they're available

Repped bro!

I was tripping like where the hell are these dudes :lol:

SEE! thats lightweight bs... & i feel like they will be cheap(the characters) & not worth the $30 :lol:
gonna get my $256 back from gs & just do reg digital

Also saw this in the PS thread. For those who have the game is this true?

Shady as hell. :smh:

Quote:

[h1]Mortal Kombat X Day One Update Makes Gold Harder to Get in Order to Boost Paid DLC Sales[/h1]

[h2]A day one update makes unlocking items in the Krypt more difficult.[/h2]

10446294_764449436919789_1787215398506457745_o.jpg

A day one update to Mortal Kombat X has made in-game gold, the currency used to obtain locked items in the Krypt, rarer to obtain, leading to accusations that the patch has been released in order to encourage sales of paid DLC.

The latest entry in the fighting game series features DLC that allows players to unlock every item in the Krypt, which is available to download from the Xbox marketplace/PSN for $19.99. However, those who received early copies of the game could easily overlook this DLC as gold was easily obtainable, therefore meaning that the DLC would only act as an accelerator for the very impatient. With gold now making Krypt items, which include new Fatalities, costumes and concept at, harder to obtain, many are complaining that Mortal Kombat X‘s day one update is a thinly veiled attempt on behalf of publisher Warner Bros. and developer NetherRealm Studios to drive more sales of the paid DLC.

What makes this update even more suspicious is that it has been released after reviewers have been given their copies of the game to rate, therefore meaning that many reviews won’t mention this new change to Mortal Kombat X‘s gold system. It has been suggested that NetherRealm/Warner Bros. may have held off on releasing the update so that reviewers could easily access all facets of the game prior to its release, only to significantly reduce the amount of gold the game dishes out when it reached its full retail release.

In a post on Reddit, a user notes how the game’s difficulty has also been increased, and how completing certain boss fights now only rewards the player with 200 gold rather than the 2,500 gold that could be earned prior to the update.

http://www.craveonline.co.uk/gaming...es-gold-harder-get-order-boost-paid-dlc-sales

cant even be mad at them for this because some will be obsessed with clearing something they will fork over $20 just to knock it out :lol: dont think i will fall into this.... already 2nd guessing the $30 for 5-6 extra ppl

the curve directly into a finesse
SEE! thats lightweight bs... & i feel like they will be cheap(the characters) & not worth the $30 :lol:
gonna get my $256 back from gs & just do reg digital
cant even be mad at them for this because some will be obsessed with clearing something they will fork over $20 just to knock it out :lol: dont think i will fall into this.... already 2nd guessing the $30 for 5-6 extra ppl
:lol: yall just be smart with the koins unlike me... I went in there thinking expensive = goodies, I bought so much concept art and music :smh:
Go online and there are guides that show exactly whats in each location. Buy all the ones that have more koins then when you use the inventory items it usually gives you between 4-8k and buy only whats worth the money. I found a bunch of brutalities at random though but all for people I don't play with.

Game is fun as hell.

Currently 45 - 26. First time playing MK with a controller.

My fightstick comes in tomorrow and after that, it's a wrap.

psn: yallayalla_ if anyone is interested :nerd:

ive been dying to play online and i can't seem to find any match :smh:

what difficulty do you guys play offline?

Hard. And it's no joke. I'm like 145/30 [emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128542[/emoji][emoji]128542[/emoji][emoji]128530[/emoji]

Last edited:
anybody cop the big bundle with the statue? pics of it to gauge quality :nerd:

Last edited:
Overall I am still trying to get used to the game. Even though I am doing pretty good it still feels alien to me.

This faction war stuff is tough... Not really sure if I'm supposed to be able to actually inflict damage on the Boss... Smh

Back
Top Bottom