The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"choke" is one of those terms that is overused in sports.

so is the term "the next Jordan" or "as good as Jordan."

Lebron is one of the most misunderstood criticized player I have ever seen... A lot of people label him a choker for losing in the Finals... In the 7 Finals he made.. He probably faced 6 teams that was better than his... Most of those finals he didn't have a HOF squad and with HOF caliber coach.
indifferent.gif

Damn, yall really just gonna keep trolling until game time huh. Greatest offensive force in the history of the game huh :rofl:

Other names are arguable, MJ being one of them, but putting Curry up there is really not that laughable. Don't pull a Russ, b. Don't go out like him.
Steph is nicer than a mfer but you getting way ahead of yourself. Putting Curry in that class after 3 seasons is laughable to me.

some of the shots that kd and russ were taking. :x there were times where they were playing for a foul in key situations and not even trying to shoot the ball. might as well hand the ball over to the w's

some of the shots that kd and russ were taking.
sick.gif
there were times where they were playing for a foul in key situations and not even trying to shoot the ball. might as well hand the ball over to the w's
kd is an elite passer and playmaker tho. 

i'M NOT even gonna take the bait, i got bullets of slander ready to be let off once these finals are over :evil:

some of the shots that kd and russ were taking. :x there were times where they were playing for a foul in key situations and not even trying to shoot the ball. might as well hand the ball over to the w's

I really don't understand how they got back to playing like that after being so effective pushing the ball in transition and swinging the ball across to the open man

I really don't understand how they got back to playing like that after being so effective pushing the ball in transition and swinging the ball across to the open man

Tiger. Meet. Stripes.

now change.

I know you don't listen to podcasts but as usual, JvG speaking basketball brilliance

Jeff Van Gundy: 5/31/16 Zach and Jeff Van Gundy preview the 2016 NBA Finals, and share some leftover thoughts from Thunder-Warriors. https://www.espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=15858852

JVG is one of the better basketball minds in the NBA. I remember when the Heat first formed the Big 3, he was one of the first to explain how all 3 would be used effectively in games.

He's been around in the league for a LONG time and has been around basketball for a lifetime. The man knows the deal and is one of the best. The Knicks miss you, Jeff :frown:

http://nyloncalculus.com/2016/05/31/guest-post-kyle-lowry-may-have-exposed-clevelands-achilles-heel/

Great article on how much of a problem Kyrie and Love are on defense.

The level that Lowry played at when they defended him vs anybody was basically multiplied.

Irving numbers giving up drives to the rim is :x.

If the Cavs want a real chance at winning, Delly is going to have to play more minutes than Kyrie and we know that's not happening.

This was Lowry we were talking about, not the greatest offensive force in the history of the game.

Lue talking about he wanna play fast. :lol:

Son already booked the villa in Cabo with that new contract money I see.

I've been harping about this for the last few days, and someone finally illustrates a well enough visual for everyone to get clear optics on what I've been talking about. Sure, having Irving and Love gives you a stronger punch on the offensive end but they're major liabilities on the defensive end as well. You need DEFENSE to stop the Warriors. If the WCF's has taught us anything, it's that you can in-fact run with the Warriors, but you're going to need to capitalize on their turnovers and bother the shooters with speed and size on almost every position. Unfortunately, Cleveland does NOT have this.

Having Delly and Thompson step up last year on the defense end is almost the equivalent of what you get on the offensive end with Love and Irving on the floor. You just hope to God Curry and Klay go cold for the series.

No one has yet to give a clear cut reason why they think the Cavs would beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. All signs point to Warriors repeating.

since when do players traded away mid season get chips. thats stupid and dont even make sense. 

I think you have to play a certain number of games with a team in order to qualify to get a ring, if they do go on to win the championship. But from what I've been reading, it's also at the discretion of ownership, considering they're the ones who pay for the rings to be made.

Lebron is one of the most misunderstood criticized player I have ever seen... A lot of people label him a choker for losing in the Finals... In the 7 Finals he made.. He probably faced 6 teams that was better than his... Most of those finals he didn't have a HOF squad and with HOF caliber coach.

This is the worst excuse I've ever heard. LeBron has almost full control over players and coaches throughout most of his career. He could've chosen to go to San Antonio and have played for Pop if he wanted to.

The dude is selfish. He wanted his cake and eat it too. Don't give me this nonsense.

"choke" is one of those terms that is overused in sports.

so is the term "the next Jordan" or "as good as Jordan."

The Jordan comparisons are a bit overused and arbitrary in most senses.

But there is such a thing as "chocking" in professional sports.

To be fair for OKC, a lot of their points were off turnovers. At the end of the game, the Warriors stopped turning the ball over and started to hit their shots. OKC on the other hand, was missing all their shots and turned the ball over.

This was basically the formula that gave the Thunder their 3-1 lead and the allowed the Warriors to come back and take the series.

Last edited:
That's the thing about choking it seems like we label everyone who loses a choker... and it's ridiculous

For years while slandering Bron i called him a choker not because he missed the shots, but because he let the moment take his confidence. He's improved a little bit over the years but there's still lapses where you can tell he just isn't playing the same and it's not due to the Defense.

What KD did game 7 wasn't a choke, however the game prior i believe was the game where he & russ started turning it over late in the game, taking horrible shots etc etc just being flustered. I'll live with my stars taking and missing shots as long as my star is focused and not just giving the game away.

Game 6 is definitely where they choked. At home, up for the majority of the game and then in the last 5 minutes or so, dudes were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. LIke someone mentioned above, they were not taking shots to make them, rather, they were taking them trying to draw fouls.

Game 6 is definitely where they choked. At home, up for the majority of the game and then in the last 5 minutes or so, dudes were playing not to lose instead of playing to win. LIke someone mentioned above, they were not taking shots to make them, rather, they were taking them trying to draw fouls.

But a large part of Westbrook and KD's game is drawing fouls and getting to the line. Can you blame them to trying to stop the game and put points up on the board? They had to stop the bleeding some how.

Also, going back to a point I've made earlier. GS literally stopped turning the ball over at such a alarming rate as they were. This pretty much stopped OKC from getting those easy points in transition.

Last edited:
You get more offensively with Irving and Love than with Delly and MozGOD. They put pressure on the defense that wasn't there last year. Not saying it will work but any coach who'd rather play Delly over Irving would be fired...

But a large part of Westbrook and KD's game is drawing fouls and getting to the line. Can you blame them to trying to stop the game and put points up on the board? They had to stop the bleeding some how.

Also, going back to a point I've made earlier. GS literally stopped turning the ball over at such a alarming rate as they were. This pretty much stopped OKC from getting those easy points in transition.

Dudes were literally trying to get bailed out instead of actually trying to make the shot and getting contact. That's the difference. You can CLEARLY see they were feeling the pressure and again, was playing not to lose, rather than playing to win.

You get more offensively with Irving and Love than with Delly and MozGOD. They put pressure on the defense that wasn't there last year. Not saying it will work but any coach who'd rather play Delly over Irving would be fired...

Of course, because we all put a premium on offense in the NBA.

But the point I'm trying to make is that the offensive punch Irving and Love brings to the Cavs is similar to the defensive force Delly and Thompson brought last year. Remember, those guys got playing time once Kyrie and Love went down.

Last edited:
So will Mozgov be the answer to stop GSW? Cleveland seems to have been saving him just for this moment

Nah.

Mozgov still hasn't recovered from the surgery he had in the offseason. 

He seriously regressed this year.

I completely forgot about his surgery. I thought he just fell out of the lineup cause teams are going small most often.

My original post was sarcasm btw :lol:

since when do players traded away mid season get chips. thats stupid and dont even make sense. 

gs is just a bad matchup for the cavs. you need defense and length to bother the warriors. cavs dont have that anywhere. gs are better at nearly every position.... they arent going to beat gs trying to run with them. i really dont see anyway the cavs can realistically win this series. 

curry>kyrie
klay>jr
igoudalalove
bogut ,tristan =toss up. 

Draymond Green better than Kevin Love :stoneface:

Y'all are crazy

Delly is gonna be playing a lot of minutes with Kyrie this series though.. simply based off the fact that the last thing you want is Steph Curry to get a hot hand, bcuz from that point it's over. Problem with that is that Kyrie will be guarding either iggy or barnes, who both are much larger than him and can get to the basket.

some of the shots that kd and russ were taking.
sick.gif
there were times where they were playing for a foul in key situations and not even trying to shoot the ball. might as well hand the ball over to the w's
It bothers me, the number of contested 3PT shots Russ takes. It REALLY bothers me man.

He shoots as if he feels like he needs to prove to us that he can make them.

They are different types of players honestly to be able to compare directly. 
If you swapped them, golden state falls beneath Cleveland in my eyes

I don't see why you can't compare them. They play the same position(s)

The versatility and defense Cleveland would have. Yikes. Green offers the same outside shooting as love

Last edited:

Of course, because we all put a premium on offense in the NBA.

But the point I'm trying to make is that the offensive punch Irving and Love brings to the Cavs is similar to the defensive force Delly and Thompson brought last year. Remember, those guys got playing time once Kyrie and Love went down.
Correct. The only reason they got playing time is because those 2 went down. I disagree that their defense is as good as Irving and Loves offense tho. Ex Delly hold curry to 25 but scores 6. Irving lets curry tee off for 40 but gets 25 back and keeps the double teams from gambling too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom