The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

SMH at Stallworth.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I didn't know where to put this....

Jorvorskie Lane/FB/Texas A&M: Lane was considered a top pro prospect early in his A&M career, yet he has watched his game regress. He looked significantly overweight at his pro day and tipped the scales at 297 pounds then was unable to run faster than 5.0 in the forty. Lane has dropped out of the draft and must now fight for a free agent contract.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/27/riser.sliders/index.html

dude should just keep eating to get to 320, and switch to NT/DT
He hadn't even been training since the season ended... I thought I had read he shifted focus almost entirely away from football and wasputting in work to finish out his course load and get his degree...

Semi-related note... Stephen McGee is apparently drawing loads of interest and moving up draft boards...

Yo Gunna check the pre draft thread or just pm. I had a ? about the Jags and Sanchez, I know your boy works the FO. Was wondering if you could shed some light

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by yungchris504

Originally Posted by yungchris504

I saw 2 NO games last season but 17 Vikings games...

Sharper won't do squat the rest of his career...no matter what uniform he wears.
He is only filling the void til we get Taylor Mays
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
but serious he is a huge upgrade no matter how much juice may not be left in the tank. But I hear what you saying you he played for the vikes so. We just have to see and wait. Saints will resurrect the careers of D.Sharp and Dan the man Morgan
Just saw this replay on Jim Rome...then I remembered the discussion we were having. Look at :17-:20...you see that safety that just makes a feeble attempt at tackling Hester but falls over? That's Sharper...and that was the story of his 2008 season.
Can't let it go can you
Just trying to show you that you're getting a old aging safety not a bonafide star like you think you're getting
laugh.gif
...he won't improve your terrible secondary...adding him will have no effect.
Well with a new secondary coach and the signings we have been getting our secondary has improved dramatically. Every dog has its day he isdefinitly better than kasirverhn(sp?) and bullocks so no matter how worse they are and can not be much worse.

BJ Raji Flunked a drug test at the combine, no info on whether it wasw PEDs or Weed.

Jay to the Bears.
pimp.gif
Nice

time to snag a WR Early in the Draft.

Could turn out nice

This is %$%%@+@%. Dude ran into a car. 0.12 bac did not cause this accident. He stayed at the site and called the police. This was simply an accident on thevictims part. Stallworth shouldn't lose his prime years.

Me in shock. The Chicago Bears have a QB folks. The front office of the Chicago Bears made a balsy move, when every media outlet in the world put them on thebottom of the list to land Cutler. Jay wants to be here, Bears are his favorite team. He just made the entire team better. Bears are relevant again!!!

BEAR DOWN BABY !!!!!

Cutler called Plaxico personally and talked about the Bears WR situation.

Hester also said that his numbers are going to double now with Jay being there. Pro-Bowl
nerd.gif

[h2]Garcia Is ARaider[/h2]
Posted by Mike Florio on April 6, 2009, 3:16 p.m. EDT

We're hearing from multiple sources that quarterback Jeff Garciais the newest member of the Oakland Raiders.

One tipster tells us that Garcia is already in the building and working out. (We haven't yet confirmed that specific detail.)

Though some outlets are suggesting that Garcia will compete with starter JaMarcus Russellwe're told that Garcia has no intention ofcompeting with the first overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Then again, we all thought that Matt Leinartwas entrenched as the starter in Arizona last year atthis time, too.

wth, Garcia a Raider?

Maybe they're thinking that bringing in extra competition will motivate JaMarcus.

Tank Johnson to the Bengals. C'mon now...
laugh.gif

JOH679169.jpg
Tank Johnson, DT
Cincinnati Bengals

Career Statistics
Seasons: 5
Tackles: 96
Sacks: 12

CINCINNATI -- Defensive tackle Tank Johnson has agreed to a contract with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Terms of the deal weren't disclosed.

Johnson's agent, Jerrold Colton, said Tuesday that the Bengals' defensive scheme is a better fit for Johnson than his previous team, the Dallas Cowboys.

Johnson, a five-year NFL veteran, had 33 tackles and three sacks in two seasons with the Cowboys. He was suspended for the first eight games of the 2008 season after a series of legal troubles that happened when he was with the Chicago Bears.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

wth, Garcia a Raider?

Maybe they're thinking that bringing in extra competition will motivate JaMarcus.
laugh.gif
Garcia ALWAYS comes in as the "backup"....but ends up finishing the job...

dude is underrated as $+*+

What have the Cowboys added other then Brooking and Kitna? And the addition by subtraction in getting rid of TO.

Seems like they've lost an awful lot.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

wth, Garcia a Raider?

laugh.gif
Garcia ALWAYS comes in as the "backup"....but ends up finishing the job...

dude is underrated as $+*+

Garcia is 100% Trash now. He wont see the field unless jamarcus gets hurt.

Originally Posted by CP1708

What have the Cowboys added other then Brooking and Kitna? And the addition by subtraction in getting rid of TO.
Does it? They lost almost nothing of significance, aside from T.O. obviously...
laugh.gif

EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT OF 2009 NFL SCHEDULE IN PRIMETIME ON NFL.COM AND NFL NETWORK

SCHEDULE ANNOUNCEMENT LIVE TUESDAY, APRIL 14 AT 7:00 PM ET

NFL.com Unveils Team-by-Team and Week-by-Week Schedules and Live Chats
NFL Network Features Analysis, Interviews With Head Coaches, Fan Reactions & More

Which team will be the Cowboys' first regular-season opponent in their new stadium? Who will Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Donovan McNabb and Kurt Warner take on in their season openers with the Colts, Vikings, Eagles and Cardinals, respectively? How does the road look for the defending champion Pittsburgh Steelers as they try to return to the Super Bowl?

These questions and many more will be answered when the 2009 NFL schedule is released in prime time for the first time, exclusively on NFL.com and NFL Network, on Tuesday, April 14 at 7:00 PM ET. The entire 2009 schedule will be announced and analyzed on NFL.com and NFL Network during a two-hour primetime NFL Total Access: 2009 Schedule Release Presented by GMC Sierra.

Back
Top Bottom