THE OFFICIAL NIKE GOLF THREAD VOL "WINNING FIXES EVERYTHING."

lots of nice ops on the tw14

im leaning towards going with the spikeless and breathable options cuz it would be nice to wear off the course

^ i def agree that would be nice

kind of like my ecco streets that could be worn on and off the course easily.

Just saw this thread. I thought about making a golf thread on here like 3 yrs ago but didnt think there would be much interest. Im gladly surprised. 

As for the TW 14s, there really isnt much improvement over the 13s and they look less streamlined, but i need 2 pairs of the iDs just cuz its iD!!

The more I play with the colors the more I realize how dumb a lot of the pairs i made would actually make me look on the golf course. Hopefully golf goes the way of basketball and in 5-10 years theres pros wearing all sorts of crazy shoes but for now its still pretty taboo to wear an all volt (or any other loud color for that matter) golf shoe to a fancy golf course.

the spikeless version they put up defeats the purpose of spikeless imo. Those molded spikes (they arent really spikeless) dont look to be any better on hardwood than spikes. I agree, i wish they put swingtip bottoms on there. 

Im for sure getting the black cements and victory reds but as for the first ones, not sure if i should just get the stock whites or wait an extra month for the "white cement 4" look. 

White cement 4

Black cement 3

Victory Red 

stash

Thunder

Masters

Just saw this thread. I thought about making a golf thread on here like 3 yrs ago but didnt think there would be much interest. Im gladly surprised. 

As for the TW 14s, there really isnt much improvement over the 13s and they look less streamlined, but i need 2 pairs of the iDs just cuz its iD!!

The more I play with the colors the more I realize how dumb a lot of the pairs i made would actually make me look on the golf course. Hopefully golf goes the way of basketball and in 5-10 years theres pros wearing all sorts of crazy shoes but for now its still pretty taboo to wear an all volt (or any other loud color for that matter) golf shoe to a fancy golf course.

the spikeless version they put up defeats the purpose of spikeless imo. Those molded spikes (they arent really spikeless) dont look to be any better on hardwood than spikes. I agree, i wish they put swingtip bottoms on there. 

Im for sure getting the black cements and victory reds but as for the first ones, not sure if i should just get the stock whites or wait an extra month for the "white cement 4" look. 

White cement 4

View media item 421703
Black cement 3
View media item 421706

Victory Red 
View media item 421707

stash

View media item 421719
Thunder
View media item 421720

Masters
View media item 421723
I gotta say, I like those white/black/cement joints. Nice work man. The 14's aren't attractive to me, but those are nice as hell.

Trying to cop some new golf shoes. I'm loving the comfort of the Lunar Ascend. It's like a golf version of the hyperfuse basketball shoes. But I'm worried about two things: Traction and Water. I live in a stormy area, and the last time I played I got hit by the rain hard. I know the flywire tech isn't waterproof so I've been looking at the Lunar Control 2011 to take care of my worries. But I was wondering, between the two, which is better? I know the Control has better soft spikes and is waterproof, but for some reason I'm leaning towards the Ascends.

Thanks in Advance

Trying to cop some new golf shoes. I'm loving the comfort of the Lunar Ascend. It's like a golf version of the hyperfuse basketball shoes. But I'm worried about two things: Traction and Water. I live in a stormy area, and the last time I played I got hit by the rain hard. I know the flywire tech isn't waterproof so I've been looking at the Lunar Control 2011 to take care of my worries. But I was wondering, between the two, which is better? I know the Control has better soft spikes and is waterproof, but for some reason I'm leaning towards the Ascends.

Thanks in Advance

I have a friend who rotates between ascends and FJs. His ascends get dirty really easily, and they're definitely not waterproof. The lunar controls are allright; I used to have the white/blacks. Traction is average. If you haven't tried FJs yet, I recommend that you do.

The newest version of the lunar controls are improved over the first, if you can get those do that.

FJ makes really good shoes and really good waterproofing in all their gear. I would recommend them for sure. Most of their shoes have a stiff feel out of the box until you break them in.

The newest version of the lunar controls are improved over the first, if you can get those do that.

FJ makes really good shoes and really good waterproofing in all their gear. I would recommend them for sure. Most of their shoes have a stiff feel out of the box until you break them in.
good to know of the FJ, ive always been on the lookout for a white and croc spat

hate to say it, but in the past i have found the adidas tour 360's my choice on the course cuz of the fit foam, and nike's offerings in the past have not been that great, although that momentum is shifting.
Black cement 3
black cements are FIRE, i def would cop this

but i wanna make a grey one too

i'm gonna go try a bunch of golf shoes tomorrow from my local stores, see which ones are best and which are even available in a 13 lol

Good luck. If you have a Golfsmith I would definitely try them. They were having a big clearance sale at the one near me and had them organized by size. I didn't see anything in the 13 but they had dunks for $30, Bandons for $30, Air Rate for $40. Good stuff scattered for the low low.

Good luck. If you have a Golfsmith I would definitely try them. They were having a big clearance sale at the one near me and had them organized by size. I didn't see anything in the 13 but they had dunks for $30, Bandons for $30, Air Rate for $40. Good stuff scattered for the low low.

You guys know if retail on the stock TW14 is $220 or $180?

I was thinking 180, but on the site the pre-order was for 220

Well last year the 13 MSRP was $220 on the box and everything, but ended up being $180 everywhere to my knowledge.

I was thinking the same thing would happen this year but if not then SMH at Nike. I seriously can't drop $235 for some golf shoes man. It's not in my blood. For that there's no reason for me to get the retail versions.

Didn't make it to Golfsmith; just went to Golf Galaxy and d i c k 's. Scooped these Lunar Ascends for $69.99. They had the TW '13 in white which is what I wanted, but no 13, only a 12 which was snug. The 12 in the Lunar Ascend fit me perfectly and the shoe is ridiculously comfortable. I would highly recommend it, especially for $69.99. I really liked this colorway too. And I scooped some Nike Dri-Fit Golf socks to go along with em.
View media item 424585

Last edited:
I bought the black/green Ascends last year, they are incredibly comfortable. And (knock on wood) haven't had any traction problems with them.

You guys know if retail on the stock TW14 is $220 or $180?

I was thinking 180, but on the site the pre-order was for 220

the preorder price was changed within hours after they were posted to $180.

considering the ID's are $225, there was no way the regular shoes were going to be $220.

I bought the black/green Ascends last year, they are incredibly comfortable. And (knock on wood) haven't had any traction problems with them.

How is the mesh with dirt and such? The whites that CatchnTDs got are beautiful but the Lunar Ascend's mesh always worried me. I'm lookin at IDing mesh TW14s and ill bet it handles dirt the same as the Lunar Ascends.

I bought a pair of used FJs for a backup/weather pair. I'm bout to pull the trigger on the Ascends. I can't find any other Lunar golf shoes for sale. Those TW13 are fire though, wish my wallet wasn't drained so I can cop a pair. But yeah, thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom